"The courtesy of these halls..."

dijomaja
Lorien

Feb 22 2017, 12:11pm

Post #1 of 4 (1025 views)
Shortcut
"The courtesy of these halls..." Can't Post

"...has been somewhat lessened of late."

I've been enjoying this site for some time. Recently another site catering to the interests of Tolkien fans shut down and I expected to see some of the people moving over here. When last I looked the only mention had been shunted to the "Off-Topic" category (as was my reply).

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 22 2017, 2:21pm

Post #2 of 4 (991 views)
Shortcut
Courtesy [In reply to] Can't Post

Really, I think things have gotten better here of late, even with the controversy over certain policies that have recently been enforced with increased vigor.

I assume that you were referring to the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) shutting down their forums. Yes, I've also been wondering if we were going to see more traffic migrating from there to here. Of course there are those who have been active in both places.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 23 2017, 4:59am

Post #3 of 4 (945 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back, dijomaja! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's nice to see you back on the TORn boards again. Smile

Please believe me when I say there's no slight intended in having a thread moved. The subject of the thread you mentioned was about the IMDB boards, as were most of the replies. Per the welcome sticky at the top of the board, Main is more for general talk about happenings at TORn and any Tolkien/movie-related items that don't fit well on another board. Yes, it's subjective, but the beauty of these boards is that whenever a thread is moved we can leave a 'marker' that shows the subject line of the original thread and takes people to it automatically when they click on it. If you look a few threads down on Main, you'll see it for the thread you brought up. So, moving a post may actually make it MORE visible because the subject line is visible on two boards instead of one.

Technically, since this 'courtesy' thread is giving feedback about how things are going and/or done here, the Admins would be inclined to move it to the Feedback board. But, since you're probably still getting used to posting here again, there's no harm in letting it stay here as kind of an FYI for you and for other users too.

I hope to see you around more and hope to see some of your IMDB buddies too. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

dijomaja
Lorien

Mar 2 2017, 12:25pm

Post #4 of 4 (801 views)
Shortcut
thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to be back although I wasn't spending to much time "over there" either of late - not all those who wander are lost and all that.

But, yes, I've enjoyed a lot of the discussions here and I recall you & I joining in on several.

I wasn't really put out by the post being moved. It's hard to show tongue-in-cheek without little faces and I couldn't resist the movie quote.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.