Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Are you interested?
Poll: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Are you interested?
Oh yes! I love the Pirates of the Caribbean and its about time for another!
I like them, and am ok with another.
I don't care.
I don't like them, so no.
I haven't watched them.
View Results (33 votes)

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Feb 15 2017, 12:15am

Post #1 of 14 (2591 views)
Shortcut
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Are you interested? Can't Post

My siblings and my mom are really excited for this movie, as we really loved the other ones! We were all excited when we saw the trailer for it during Superbowl. Seeing Barbossa, Will Turner and Jack return in the trailer was exciting for us, so what do you all think?Smile

Fereth
Rivendell

Feb 15 2017, 2:12am

Post #2 of 14 (2552 views)
Shortcut
Not really. [In reply to] Can't Post

For me the series ended with At World's End. But if it turns out to be good, awesome for everyone involved. Smile

(This post was edited by Fereth on Feb 15 2017, 2:13am)

Starling
Half-elven

Feb 15 2017, 6:26am

Post #3 of 14 (2525 views)
Shortcut
I have never seen any of them // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silmaril
Rohan

Feb 15 2017, 9:42am

Post #4 of 14 (2526 views)
Shortcut
The first one was funny... [In reply to] Can't Post

but then i got bored.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Feb 15 2017, 1:20pm

Post #5 of 14 (2516 views)
Shortcut
I agree at At World's End. [In reply to] Can't Post

That was my favorite installment of the series, the most intense out of them. On Stranger Tides was a fun addition for me, but I didn't and don't have the same love for that one as I do the others. So I am hoping that the fifth will bring back the first trilogy excitement.

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Feb 15 2017, 3:39pm

Post #6 of 14 (2500 views)
Shortcut
Probably just to see Javier Bardem as the villain. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 15 2017, 5:32pm

Post #7 of 14 (2488 views)
Shortcut
Same. / [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 15 2017, 5:44pm

Post #8 of 14 (2485 views)
Shortcut
Well, Adam Brown (Ori) is in it [In reply to] Can't Post

So yeah, I'll probably go see it! Smile

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Feb 15 2017, 5:46pm

Post #9 of 14 (2482 views)
Shortcut
Ah, yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

David Wenhem (Faramir) is going to be in it as well. So that it is three Middle-earth stars!Smile

Annael
Immortal

Feb 16 2017, 12:09am

Post #10 of 14 (2452 views)
Shortcut
loved the first one [In reply to] Can't Post

the first shot of Captain Jack Sparrow is the best introduction-of-a-character on film, ever! (Aragorn in FOTR is second.)

Meneldor
Valinor

Feb 16 2017, 1:48am

Post #11 of 14 (2438 views)
Shortcut
Yes, a thousand times yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
the first shot of Captain Jack Sparrow is the best introduction-of-a-character on film, ever! (Aragorn in FOTR is second.)

The moment I saw that on the big screen, the way it was framed, I knew they knew how to make a classic pirate movie. That is such an iconic pirate pose. Up to that point, I'd had my doubts that it would be worth watching, but at that moment I was sold.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Feb 16 2017, 7:56pm

Post #12 of 14 (2394 views)
Shortcut
Like I said in another poll, it's hard to beat the first one [In reply to] Can't Post

I put down "I don't care," but I'm sure I'll see it eventually - just maybe on Netflix. I don't even know what it's aboutCrazy

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Mar 22 2017, 12:22am

Post #13 of 14 (2197 views)
Shortcut
I'm onboard// [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 26 2017, 3:03pm

Post #14 of 14 (2164 views)
Shortcut
I'm really looking foward to the new one [In reply to] Can't Post

But Black Pearl is definitely my very favourite. I love parts in the others, but I'm not as impressed with the sequels as I was with the first. Although, I really can't bring myself to watch the one sans Orlando. Big mistake that takes me right out of the story.

The others suffer from what I "sequalitis" where the things the filmmakers thought made the previous film popular (i.e. Jack Sparrow) and exaggerate them... making the films more trite, imho. Another example is Bill and Ted's Bogus Adventure. Seriously? But I admit I love the character "Death". He's so cute :D

The first PotC was approached as a serious piece with an eccentric main character that celebrated the iconic images of a pirate. I hope very much they give this next film the respect (for the audience?) the first had.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.