Who?
View Results (21 votes)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Feb 14 2017, 5:56pm

Post #1 of 9 (1945 views)
Shortcut
Will Logan survive "Logan?" Can't Post

Here is the trailer for the upcoming movie "Logan" (the clean version, I promise!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DekuSxJgpbY
So, will our favorite mutant survive this go-round or not? Either way, Hugh Jackman is reportedly hanging up the claws after this movie - guess he's getting to old for this, um, stuff! What do you think? And yeah, I tried to cover all the bases for this pollCool

HOBBITFAN13
Lorien

Feb 14 2017, 6:26pm

Post #2 of 9 (1914 views)
Shortcut
He's a Goner [In reply to] Can't Post

The whole entire series of films is about immortality and how Logan survives with it. So it's likely he will overcome immortality. Also this is the last Logan movie so they will kill him off so Hugh jackman doesn't reprise his role.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 14 2017, 10:21pm

Post #3 of 9 (1902 views)
Shortcut
Don't know. [In reply to] Can't Post

They can always reboot/retcon!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Feb 14 2017, 10:35pm

Post #4 of 9 (1899 views)
Shortcut
Reboot? [In reply to] Can't Post

A reboot is certainly possible - he actually suggested Tom Hardy as a rebooted Wolverine. I can definitely see that, though I don't know if Tom is interested. I'd rather they go with a "new" actor, kind of like how they cast Hugh Jackman to begin with. As for my poll, though I haven't voted I'm inclined to think he'll live, and drive off into the sunset with his - daughter? Clone? Yeah, my family & I have had some entertaining discussions as to how a man's clone could be female, uh huh. That's why they call it a comic book movieWink But I think Xavier will die AGAIN, so technically Wolverine could die & STILL be resurrected in a future franchise, LOL!

Darkstone
Immortal

Feb 14 2017, 10:37pm

Post #5 of 9 (1902 views)
Shortcut
Probably [In reply to] Can't Post

Just about all industry projections place international box office at over half a billion, so this golden goose is going to survive.

Plus there's sure to be more "Wolverine and the X-Men" movies.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Feb 14 2017, 11:58pm

Post #6 of 9 (1889 views)
Shortcut
Voted he will survive, but honestly, I don't know. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am hoping he will. I am sure that Charles will die, and it looks that Logan will get brutally hurt, but he is the Wolverine!Wink

I am hoping that Hugh Jackman will appear in future films with the young cast. (I enjoyed the cast of the last movie, and would love to see them meet Logan officially. Jean, Scott and Kurt already met him when they helped him escape in Apocalypse.)

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Feb 15 2017, 3:42pm

Post #7 of 9 (1869 views)
Shortcut
To be honest, [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know. We'll just have to find out.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 8 2017, 8:57pm

Post #8 of 9 (1739 views)
Shortcut
Weeeeeeel....*SPOILERS!!!* [In reply to] Can't Post

Guess I was wrong, and that's SO disappointing for meUnsure This movie will probably fall into the "Rogue One" category of a well-made movie that I don't watch very often because the ending is so hard. You know, as many times as I've watched Battle of 5 Armies you'd think I'd be able to deal with the death of a beloved character better, but honestly a lot if times I stop watching BOFA before the Durins get killed - yeah, just skip right to the end, LOL! I suppose I could do that with "Logan" if/when I buy it. Oh well, I should probably get back to work nowCrazy

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 10 2017, 3:31am

Post #9 of 9 (1496 views)
Shortcut
I'm the same way [In reply to] Can't Post

I just can't get into a movie where one or more of my favourite characters gets killed off or turns into a baddie. I don't think I have the stomach to see this film knowing what's coming. I have problems with futility. I fastforward through certain parts of LotR and Hobbit when my peeps pass.

*sigh*

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.