Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
New behind the scenes book 'Middle-earth: From Script to Screen: Building the World of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit'

malickfan
Gondor

Feb 13 2017, 3:07pm

Post #1 of 15 (7161 views)
Shortcut
New behind the scenes book 'Middle-earth: From Script to Screen: Building the World of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit' Can't Post

Listed on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/...obbit/dp/0007544103/

Eruclauron
Bree

Feb 13 2017, 10:12pm

Post #2 of 15 (7073 views)
Shortcut
Exciting! [In reply to] Can't Post

If it's anything like the chronicles books it should be a good read! Can't wait to get some more info!

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Feb 14 2017, 12:09am

Post #3 of 15 (7060 views)
Shortcut
Now I am excited! [In reply to] Can't Post

A behind the scenes book for both trilogies? By Daniel Falconer? I think I will be in heaven! SmileWinkHeart

Thanks for posting!

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Silmaril
Rohan

Feb 14 2017, 7:32am

Post #4 of 15 (7035 views)
Shortcut
This could be interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't find any more information.

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 14 2017, 8:04am

Post #5 of 15 (7036 views)
Shortcut
American version [In reply to] Can't Post

American version on amazon.com: $75.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 14 2017, 9:05am

Post #6 of 15 (7032 views)
Shortcut
Crumbs! [In reply to] Can't Post

512 pages - that's a very substantial book, if the page count is correct. I shall look forward to more details of that (and it's good to have something new to look forward to).

Here's the entry about it on the Harper Collins site - it doesn't say much more than Amazon: https://www.harpercollins.co.uk/...rom-script-to-screen

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

(This post was edited by dormouse on Feb 14 2017, 9:08am)

Silmaril
Rohan

Feb 14 2017, 11:54am

Post #7 of 15 (7019 views)
Shortcut
One more book? [In reply to] Can't Post

The making of ME

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0062486144

Isilmo
The Shire

Feb 14 2017, 2:41pm

Post #8 of 15 (7001 views)
Shortcut
Sounds Good. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have loved all of his Hobbit Chronicles books and I look forward to reading this one. Pre-ordered my copy.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 14 2017, 3:12pm

Post #9 of 15 (6996 views)
Shortcut
Since this post related to both movies [In reply to] Can't Post

I moved it to Movie: LOTR from Movie:Hobbit, but left the marker on the other board.

This is very exciting news!

Silmaril
Rohan

Feb 14 2017, 3:48pm

Post #10 of 15 (6986 views)
Shortcut
"much of which have never appeared in print before" [In reply to] Can't Post

"...Drawing on resources, stories, and content from the archives of the companies and individuals behind the films, much of which have never appeared in print before..."
https://www.harpercollins.co.uk/...rom-script-to-screen

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 14 2017, 3:48pm

Post #11 of 15 (6983 views)
Shortcut
Moving right along.. [In reply to] Can't Post

...since this does involve both trilogies, I'm surprised you just didn't move it to Main.

Do I understand correctly that the American edition is to have a different title?

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 15 2017, 8:59am

Post #12 of 15 (6906 views)
Shortcut
I asked Daniel about it: [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Peter, yes, same book. Those are both early working titles. There will be almost no overlap with the Hobbit Chronicles, bar perhaps the occasional quote or image, but I would estimate 2-3% at most. The focus of the book is world-building, so the emphasis is on building the environments, something we didn't really cover much in the Chronicles. It will also be more than twice the number of pages of the biggest Chronicle and cover all six Middle-earth films. Thanks for asking!

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Silmaril
Rohan

Feb 15 2017, 9:29am

Post #13 of 15 (6896 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Noria
Gondor

Feb 15 2017, 1:24pm

Post #14 of 15 (6869 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Malickfan and The Hutt [In reply to] Can't Post

What a wonderful thing! The world building was one of my favourite things about both trilogies.

I now know what to ask for for Christmas but hope the book will come down in price. Otherwise my husband's 2017 Christmas shopping will be very easy.

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 22 2017, 3:00pm

Post #15 of 15 (6549 views)
Shortcut
Excellent!! Can't wait to get more info on this! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.