The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
"New Zealand Second" video--humor

CuriousG
Half-elven

Feb 12 2017, 4:44pm

Post #1 of 5 (276 views)
Shortcut
"New Zealand Second" video--humor Can't Post

Here's a funny youtube look at New Zealand (2:34 total). I do think it's cool how they were the 1st in the world to give women the right to vote. And it gives nods to Jackson and LOTR, but mostly it's tongue-in-cheek (largest carrot? largest shed in the shape of a dog?). And just where do those desserts come from?

Another fun fact: population of NZ = 4.5 million, which is the population of Boston (where I live), which is a medium-sized city in the USA. (Anyone feeling curious about the rank of cities in the world by population? Here. With Tokyo as the largest city at 37.8 million, that means you could put all of NZ's population there 8.4 times. Kiwis, are you sure you need all that extra space? Smile)

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Feb 12 2017, 5:55pm

Post #2 of 5 (250 views)
Shortcut
I quite liked the giant corrugated iron wellington boot! [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a whole series of these vids now and some of them are very funny. The population facts are interesting!

Annael
Immortal

Feb 13 2017, 12:13am

Post #3 of 5 (234 views)
Shortcut
you do learn some interesting things from these! [In reply to] Can't Post

Always loved news of the weird.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Elarie
Grey Havens

Feb 16 2017, 12:35am

Post #4 of 5 (197 views)
Shortcut
Very funny [In reply to] Can't Post

I hadn't heard of these videos other countries are making but just saw the one from Switzerland and it made me laugh out loud. Doesn't matter what you're politics are, if you have a sense of humor they are pretty funny. Smile

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

sparrowruth
Rivendell

Mar 8 2017, 12:12am

Post #5 of 5 (126 views)
Shortcut
Greater Tokyo is 37.8 million people? That's more than all of Canada. ACK! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.