Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Yay – not only will the LOTR symphony come here…

Timbo_mbadil
Rivendell

Mar 12 2007, 8:48pm

Post #1 of 7 (286 views)
Shortcut
Yay – not only will the LOTR symphony come here… Can't Post

…but Mrs. Mbadil is going to sing in the choir on concerts all across the country :)
*runs off to polish the old camera*

Otherness represents that which bourgeois ideology cannot recognize or accept but must deal with (…)
Robin Wood 2003, p. 49. "Hollywood from Vietnam to Reagan – and beyond". Columbia University Press, New York, Chichester, West Sussex.

Elf Princess of Lorien
Bree

Mar 13 2007, 3:02am

Post #2 of 7 (211 views)
Shortcut
And where [In reply to] Can't Post

exactly is "here"? :)

'Mercy!' cried Gandalf.  'If the giving of information is to be the cure of you inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you.  What more do you want to know?'
'The names of all the stars, and of all living things, and the whole history of Middle-earth and Over-heaven and of the Sundering Seas,' laughed Pippin.  'Of course!  What less?'"

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Mar 13 2007, 4:41am

Post #3 of 7 (198 views)
Shortcut
Major, major envy! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
…but Mrs. Mbadil is going to sing in the choir on concerts all across the country :)
*runs off to polish the old camera*

When I heard it was scheduled for LA a couple of years ago I moved heaven and earth to get in the chorus, to no avail (it was a college, and only their music students and faculty were allowed). I would SO love to sing that thing!

Queen Mary II approaching Honolulu harbor
February 9, 2007, 7:30 am

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Aerin
Grey Havens

Mar 13 2007, 5:04am

Post #4 of 7 (204 views)
Shortcut
Wow! Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I got to sing in the chorus last summer when the NC Symphony did it. BTW, I created some resources for the chorus that were better than anything else available (corrected a lot of errors in the transliterations in the choral score and compiled accurate translations of *everything* the chorus sings). Would Mrs. Mbadil be interested in showing these to the conductor who is preparing the chorus?

Timbo_mbadil
Rivendell

Mar 13 2007, 7:39am

Post #5 of 7 (201 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely! [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be great. Could you e-mail them to me? A transatlantic snail mail would be too slow, I'm afraid

Otherness represents that which bourgeois ideology cannot recognize or accept but must deal with (…)
Robin Wood 2003, p. 49. "Hollywood from Vietnam to Reagan – and beyond". Columbia University Press, New York, Chichester, West Sussex.

Timbo_mbadil
Rivendell

Mar 13 2007, 7:42am

Post #6 of 7 (206 views)
Shortcut
Right here [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?username=Timbo_mbadil;

Hm. Haven't found out how to embed a URL. Nevermind, you'll work it out :)

Aerin
Grey Havens

Mar 14 2007, 4:59am

Post #7 of 7 (203 views)
Shortcut
Will do! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you PM your e-mail address?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.