In exchange for the Riddle-
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2008, 3:49pm

Post #176 of 207 (26016 views)
Shortcut
ROTFL....! Perfect, gramma!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm making a small size poster out of it for myself right away, it's just the way I was imagining it! Cool

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Apr 26 2008, 5:50pm

Post #177 of 207 (27377 views)
Shortcut
Oh, and [In reply to] Can't Post

I've stolen the picture. It is too good not to have on my laptop!

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Doriath
Rivendell

Apr 26 2008, 5:59pm

Post #178 of 207 (27483 views)
Shortcut
Dream come true [In reply to] Can't Post

One of my all time favorite books coming to the big screen via one of my all time favorite directors? Can this be really happening? Thank you Guillermo. And welcome aboard!

The Trees will have their revenge!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2008, 8:28pm

Post #179 of 207 (25205 views)
Shortcut
Have you double-checked the size? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's possible that if the photo is too big, it won't display. Here is the info from the Terms of Service - http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum.cgi?post=51#51 (which relates to all photos embedded in a message, not just footer pics):

5. Speaking of footers, so they don’t get too busy or big, please hold to the old TORn guidelines of keeping them at 50k or less and no bigger than 480x360 pixles in size (even better would be 50% of that, or 240x180, as large images take up more screen space in the posts here).

Also check out 2.20 and 2.21 in TORN 201 - http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum.cgi?post=50#50 - for tips on loading photos.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2008, 8:58pm

Post #180 of 207 (26668 views)
Shortcut
*mods WAY up* [In reply to] Can't Post

That is brilliant, gramma! :D

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Elrond Lover
The Shire

Apr 26 2008, 10:04pm

Post #181 of 207 (26669 views)
Shortcut
inserting pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

Go to the FAQS section and scroll down to 2.20, inserting pictures:

http://newboards.theonering.net/...;;page=unread#unread

Good luck!

(This post was edited by Elrond Lover on Apr 26 2008, 10:05pm)

Glaurung63
Lorien

Apr 27 2008, 1:03am

Post #182 of 207 (26399 views)
Shortcut
Dude, you rock.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, just the fact that you posted a riddle here, that was great....and you motivated me to join TORn again...I was here before FOTR as a member and then....drifted....caught up in the LOTR fever, I strayed....

I read posts, and I felt connected here all the way through ROTK....what a wild ride.... but I didn't post much....yet, now....

I'm so psyched to hear that you are directing what will surely be an amazing Hobbit adventure- with all the support you will get from cast and crew added to your amazing abilities I have a great feeling about the outcome and I look forward to following your journey into Middle Earth as we fans will experience it...I remember how I felt upon hearing LOTR would become a movie with Peter directing.....bring the Rock!!! I can't wait....
Lincoln

Elenedhel
Rivendell

Apr 27 2008, 2:48am

Post #183 of 207 (25312 views)
Shortcut
YESSS!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so happy that you agreed to do the films!!! It's a relief to know that The Hobbit is in safe hands! Good luck!!Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 27 2008, 3:14am

Post #184 of 207 (26528 views)
Shortcut
T'is for you, m'dear [In reply to] Can't Post

to use if you wish for your avatar. No expectation... just feel free to :D and for all sibbies to copy. It is stolen goods, afterall ;)

*huggles*

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

stormcrow20
Gondor

Apr 27 2008, 3:43am

Post #185 of 207 (25973 views)
Shortcut
Michael Bay?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ugh...my ears are bleeding now....thanks for that.Tongue

~~~~~~
Círdan saw further and deeper than any other in Middle-earth, and he welcomed Mithrandir at the Grey Havens, knowing whence he came and whither he would return.
'Take this ring, master,' he said, 'for your labours will be heavy; but it will support you in the weariness you have taken upon yourself. For this is the Ring of Fire, and with it you may rekindle hearts in a world that grows chill.'

stormcrow20
Gondor

Apr 27 2008, 3:49am

Post #186 of 207 (25446 views)
Shortcut
HA! How cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is so neat, gramma! That would make a great new footer for you: "Trust our Men of the West!"

Laugh

~~~~~~
Círdan saw further and deeper than any other in Middle-earth, and he welcomed Mithrandir at the Grey Havens, knowing whence he came and whither he would return.
'Take this ring, master,' he said, 'for your labours will be heavy; but it will support you in the weariness you have taken upon yourself. For this is the Ring of Fire, and with it you may rekindle hearts in a world that grows chill.'

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Apr 27 2008, 6:07am

Post #187 of 207 (24514 views)
Shortcut
Though [In reply to] Can't Post

that only works for Windows computers. My Mac absolutely refuses to follow these Instructions Frown

mwirkk
Rohan

Apr 27 2008, 6:15am

Post #188 of 207 (25244 views)
Shortcut
Very well done... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thx! Now you've got me looking over at a part of the TORn boards I hadn't paid much attention to in the past. :)

The part of Bilbo is sooooo speculative at this point. Oh boy! We can talk until we're blue in the face, I suppose, but in the end we have to just put our faith in GdT and PJ. Well, if they end up not using Ian Holm onscreen, I'm hoping maybe they use him at some point in a post-perspective voice-over narrative.

Thx again! Fun art.

-mwirkk :)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2008, 6:25am

Post #189 of 207 (25082 views)
Shortcut
I'm considering [In reply to] Can't Post

it's future footer use. :)

Ataahua's stories

Elrond Lover
The Shire

Apr 27 2008, 1:46pm

Post #190 of 207 (26169 views)
Shortcut
Re: Posting pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

I assume you mean *attaching* pics doesn't work in Mac. You could use the other method and post the pic at Photobucket like the FAQs suggest, then paste the html PB gives you for each pic into your post and the pics will show up.

www.pattyp.net
Photobucket

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Apr 27 2008, 2:05pm

Post #191 of 207 (24917 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

though that would mean that I first have to get a photobucket account and upload pictures there. Maybe when I have a bit more time. Provided that it truly works with MacOS ... some features that show up on a Windows computer don't show up on a Mac. It would be too easy otherwise Wink

Btw, uploading pics as attachment works for me, surprisingly, but not posting them in the post itself. Oh well, I don't need it very often - every few months or so.

durfalas
Bree

Apr 27 2008, 3:05pm

Post #192 of 207 (24981 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Guillermo [In reply to] Can't Post

Creoso, mellonamin Guillermo!

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo

Thorin Firehelm

Apr 27 2008, 9:01pm

Post #193 of 207 (26009 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Mr Del Toro [In reply to] Can't Post

Mae Govannen melonn nin.

Hail traveller and well met. You are most welcome here. What an honour, how about a pipe in celebration?

hanshotfirst1138
The Shire

Apr 27 2008, 10:31pm

Post #194 of 207 (25232 views)
Shortcut
Oh. My. God! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a true privilege. The opportunity to actually be on a forum and to be able to be greeted by my favorite filmmaker (and one of my favorite people in general). This is truly an experience that I never thought that I would have. It's great that you're making such an effort to become involved with the fan community Mr. del Toro. I've always dreamed of meeting you in some way shape for or fashion, but to see a filmmaker, someone who seems so distant and far away in Hollywood, actually showing up online for the fans is an incredible display of care that makes me feel truly proud to be a fan of your work and to be an aficionado of cinema and culture in general. Hopefully, your stay here will be a pleasant one, and you're certainly welcomed by me!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Nuradar
Rohan

Apr 28 2008, 12:26am

Post #195 of 207 (26222 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations, Gillermo! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are so excited for the movies, and I'm thrilled to see what magic you will bring to Middle Earth. I'm looking forward to you taking us there and back again.

You will have our community's support during the whole project.

Best wishes!

Nuradar

mwirkk
Rohan

Apr 28 2008, 12:49am

Post #196 of 207 (25522 views)
Shortcut
Where and when was the pic of GdT and PJ taken? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it one that's been out there before? I don't remember seeing it anytime in the past few months. Credits say it's courtesy of Stuff.co.nz., with a story from The Dominion Post, dated Fri., 4/25/08. Anyone know where the two of them were when the announcement was made? LA? UK? NZ?

I think if this *was* a sendipitous event, it is truely amazing. However, it is almost too amazing to be believed. I think the timing was actually planned. Did not GdT hint at the date in his Riddle? Why wait if a likely date were so well known in advance, unless if it were to be in honour of the original story???!!!

At any rate, I must commend you Gramma. on your Eagle eye (like the Eagles that were the saving grace at the Battle of Five Armies). That was a great spot. :)

-mwirkk :)

Sunflower
Valinor

Apr 28 2008, 2:09am

Post #197 of 207 (24639 views)
Shortcut
But he's got to have a Maya headdress. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya know, one of those highfalutin' jaguar things, with a ton of spiky feathers....like Quexacoatl. (sp.)

J/K.

Ya know, Ataahua, I never took a look at your avatar...R...O....F...L....(wipes tears from eyes)

That'd the kind of tongue-in-cheek thing the Irish write about Bono....

If Del Toro is a foreigner, does that count? We wouldn't carve a foreigner on Mt. Rushmore....

Sunflower
Valinor

Apr 28 2008, 2:12am

Post #198 of 207 (27676 views)
Shortcut
"STOP...in the name of love..." [In reply to] Can't Post

Gaffer Gamgee
Bree

Apr 28 2008, 6:43am

Post #199 of 207 (25857 views)
Shortcut
Thanks... [In reply to] Can't Post

for the riddle, Guillermo - and welcome to tORN. I'm glad to see that someone's finally going to do a serious job of the Hobbit. Now we'll really know what Thorin, Oin, Gloin, Ori, Nori, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Smaug, and all the rest of them really looked like! By the way - I never found out. What was the right answer to the riddle?

Heed the words of the Gaffer. For even if they not be wise, they are worth listening to.

Gaffer Gamgee
Bree

Apr 28 2008, 6:44am

Post #200 of 207 (25435 views)
Shortcut
And PROUD of it!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thankyou very much.

Heed the words of the Gaffer. For even if they not be wise, they are worth listening to.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.