The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit Caption Contest No. XXXIX(?)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jan 11 2017, 4:04pm

Post #1 of 12 (2610 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Caption Contest No. XXXIX(?) Can't Post

Hope I got that right. Well, so many pics to choose from, this is the hardest part! But the decision is made - Announcing: THE SCENE THAT NEVER WAS!

Starring Dean O'Gorman as Fili, and Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield! So, where did this take place, and what were they talking about? Were they complaining about Gloin's snoring? Hiding from fangirls? Waiting on a pizza delivery? Enquiring minds want to know, so fire up that imagination and give us some captions!!!

I'd say I've entered my second childhood, but I never left the first!

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jan 12 2017, 1:51am

Post #2 of 12 (2521 views)
Shortcut
We wait til nightfall, then Dwalin, Kili, and I jump out of the rabbit...// [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 12 2017, 2:21am

Post #3 of 12 (2519 views)
Shortcut
"That rabbit is dynamite!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 12 2017, 4:26am

Post #4 of 12 (2505 views)
Shortcut
Thorin: "Rabbits! Why did it have to be rabbits?" Fili: "Rhosgobel rabbits...very dangerous. You go first." // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!"
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."
"Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may."
"Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"
"But no living man am I! I am Eowyn, daughter of Theodwyn!”
"Er, really? My mother's name was Theodwyn, too!"
"No way!"
"Way!"
"Wow! Let's stop fighting and be best friends!"
"Cool!!"

-Zack Snyder's The Return of the King

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12 2017, 6:23am

Post #5 of 12 (2500 views)
Shortcut
Thorin: "It's simple, we sneak up on the orcs vewy, vewy quietwy." Fili: "I really hope you have a plan B.' / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jan 12 2017, 7:40pm)

Belegdir
Lorien

Jan 12 2017, 3:49pm

Post #6 of 12 (2487 views)
Shortcut
Thorin, your voice is still really hoarse. I've got a Fisherman's Friend you can suck on. [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jan 12 2017, 7:50pm

Post #7 of 12 (2469 views)
Shortcut
How many did we lose? Thorin, Fili, and Kili, that's five.// [In reply to] Can't Post

StingingFly
Lorien

Jan 12 2017, 9:12pm

Post #8 of 12 (2462 views)
Shortcut
Fili: "Remember how you gave the key to Kili before we were captured by the elves? They somehow found and confiscated it, even though he had hidden it in his trousers!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jan 14 2017, 2:38pm

Post #9 of 12 (2418 views)
Shortcut
"You go on ahead. I've gotta get this black thing outta the back of my neck." // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jan 14 2017, 4:00pm

Post #10 of 12 (2409 views)
Shortcut
You might want to pull that little cowboy boot out of your right ear while I'm at it.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jan 19 2017, 4:59pm

Post #11 of 12 (2331 views)
Shortcut
We have a winner!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

All the posts were good for a laugh, but I think StingingFly was the funniest, best use of the infamous "trousers" line.SlySlySly Tag, you're IT!

I'd say I've entered my second childhood, but I never left the first!

StingingFly
Lorien

Jan 20 2017, 1:57am

Post #12 of 12 (2304 views)
Shortcut
Thank you... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I shall set to work on another installment!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.