The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
***6th LOTR Read-through: "It's Over. It's Done." - Many thanks

noWizardme
Half-elven

Dec 24 2016, 3:40pm

Post #1 of 3 (982 views)
Shortcut
***6th LOTR Read-through: "It's Over. It's Done." - Many thanks Can't Post

“The talk did not die down in nine or even ninety-nine days. The sixth read-through of the Lord Of The Rings was discussed in the Reading Room, and indeed all over TORN.net, for just over two years and was remembered much longer than that.”

Smile

And so we reach the end of the Sixth LOTR Read-through this Room has hosted, an entertainment that started way back on 6th December 2014.

I’d like to thank:

My fellow organizers (and the instigators of the whole thing) Brethil and CuriousG.

Our excellent chapter-leaders, some veterans of many a read-through and some new. Some did one chapter and others did many.

Alphabetically, the chapter-leaders were:

Al Carondas

Arithmancer

BlackFox

Bracegirdle

Brethil

Cats16

CuriousG

DanielLB

Darkstone

Elizabeth

Enanito

Entwife Wandlimb

Hamfast Gamgee

Ingwion

InTheChair

jochenkeen

Kim

Maciliel

Mikah

MirielCelebel

Mironiel

NE Brigand

noWizardme

Oliphaunt

Rembrethil

Sador

SirDennisC

squire

Leading a chapter would be no fun if you didn’t get replies. So many thanks to everyone who joined in by posting a reply, taking the discussion off on so many interesting directions. Thanks too to everyone who participated by ‘lurking’.

Finally, thanks to our wonderful admins, invisibly keeping the site working and the discourse civil. I don’t recall many needs for visible intervention, but thanks Admins: we couldn’t do it without you.Heart

It’s been great! Certainly I have enjoyed myself greatly and learned a lot. I hope you have too.

Links to the posts of this read-through (and to its five predecessors) are maintained by squire on this useful and lovely website http://users.bestweb.net/...ersWeb/VI-Book01.htm

Happy Yule Everyone!

~~~~~~
Where's that old read-through discussion?
A wonderful list of links to previous chapters in the 2014-2016 LOTR read-through (and to previous read-throughs) is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

CuriousG
Half-elven

Dec 24 2016, 7:48pm

Post #2 of 3 (948 views)
Shortcut
and many thanks to you, Chief Istar, for leading us on this journey!!!! /// [In reply to] Can't Post

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 24 2016, 8:30pm

Post #3 of 3 (941 views)
Shortcut
And seconded. ”noWiz! noWiz! Jolly old noWiz!” [In reply to] Can't Post

shouted dozens and dozens of leaders, lurkers and contributors. Heart

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.