The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Tourism New Zealand celebrates fifteen years of Middle-earth

NewsfromBree
spymaster@theonering.net

Dec 21 2016, 1:39pm

Post #1 of 4 (396 views)
Shortcut
Tourism New Zealand celebrates fifteen years of Middle-earth Can't Post

gandalf-nzAs part of the celebrations of the fifteenth anniversary of the release of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Tourism New Zealand has launched a new way to explore the country that has become, for many, the 'real' Middle-earth.  They tell us:

'To celebrate New Zealand being the real Middle-earth for 15 years (since the first Lord of the Rings film) we have come up with a new way to take you on an adventure.

Imagine if you travelled the real Middle-earth like a Hobbit - what journey would you take? What if you were an Elf? A Dwarf? A Wizard? 'Middle-earth travel' aligns the characters to the NZ experiences they would do, on their New Zealand holiday.

Consumers will take a quiz to discover what character they are, and will receive a personalised message from Peter Jackson saying:

• What character they are

• Providing them with a customised itinerary through NZ

• Providing them with a shareable video of 'What to pack' for their journey to Middle-earth'

You can take the quiz on Tourism New Zealand's Facebook page, 100% Pure New Zealand; or you can find it on their website, here.

They also shared with us two fun articles: 15 Middle-earth stars profess their love for New Zealand and How to travel like a hobbit in New Zealand.

Many airline companies have sales on around this time of year, so if you're inspired, maybe 2017 will be the year you make your own Unexpected Journey to Middle-earth? Or at least we can all enjoy pictures from 100% Pure New Zealand, whilst we dream of such a voyage...!

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 22 2016, 3:15am

Post #2 of 4 (375 views)
Shortcut
I'm a wizard, would you believe? [In reply to] Can't Post

A Green one. Wink

Lucky to have done:
>the Southern Alps, Aoraki/Mt Cook
>Fiordland National Park and Mavora Lakes
>Glaciers on the West Coast

so I'll be off to:
Rotorua - Te Puia, Pohutu Geyser
Hobbiton
A horseback trip in Glenorchy and Paradise
Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2017, 3:48am

Post #3 of 4 (299 views)
Shortcut
well duh.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course I'd do the Elven journey... played one all those years in D&D...

nice quiz though... and YAAAAAAAAS I WAAAAAAAAANT TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

bigger on the inside...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying... (JRR Tolkien, Legolas Song of the Sea)

Aue, aue,
Te fenua, te mālie
Nā heko hakilia
We know the way
(Te Vaka, Moana soundtrack)

Member of Horse Manure Movers Local 101, Raptor Wranglers & Rehab, and Night Fury Trainers Assoc. Owned by several cats and a very small team of maniacal sled dogs... sorry Radagast, those rabbits were delicious...

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 18 2017, 6:14pm

Post #4 of 4 (233 views)
Shortcut
Surprise! I'm a Hobbit! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

That test has me hungry, restless for a walk, and ready to get myself off to NZ!

Fifteen years! :D How TIME flies!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.