Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
If u r reeding this Mr. Del Torrow
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Tampa Phil
Rivendell

Apr 26 2008, 3:49pm

Post #1 of 47 (1069 views)
Shortcut
If u r reeding this Mr. Del Torrow Can't Post

PLZ cast Orli as Thorin Oakenstaff.

But without the beerd and ax n stuff. mkay?

He culd have a bow & kill the dragon (Smog?) by surfing down his tail.

That wuld be gr8.

ttyl.

TP.

(This post was edited by Tampa Phil on Apr 26 2008, 3:53pm)

Kyriel
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2008, 4:03pm

Post #2 of 47 (468 views)
Shortcut
Bwah! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to see you back, TP. And in fine form, as always. :-)

Those left standing will make millions writing books on the way it should have been. --Incubus

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 26 2008, 5:16pm

Post #3 of 47 (447 views)
Shortcut
I can haz cram plz? [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone's probably already working on a lolcat translation of the Hobbit.

Annael
Half-elven

Apr 26 2008, 5:19pm

Post #4 of 47 (427 views)
Shortcut
u ppl! [In reply to] Can't Post

hee. Lovely to see you, TP. Don't be a stranger.

I can see we're going to be glugging a lot very soon.

"The person who strives for security will never be free. The person who believes that she's found security will never reach paradise."
- Tom Robbins

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Apr 26 2008, 5:20pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 26 2008, 5:26pm

Post #5 of 47 (421 views)
Shortcut
oh gad, man... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just grumbled about this sorts of posts in feedback and didn't even pay attention to who composed the post. Arg. this is as bad as the originals! But I get the *joke*

(magpie needs some sun to make the snow go away. Yes, snow. It is snowing in Minnesota and she is not a happy camper at the moment. she is indulging in grumbles)

magpie avatar gallery ~ soundtrack website

Elven
Valinor

Apr 26 2008, 6:23pm

Post #6 of 47 (369 views)
Shortcut
Poor Magpie .. first GdT, now Tampa Phil ... LOL!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 26 2008, 6:27pm

Post #7 of 47 (396 views)
Shortcut
The funny thng is... [In reply to] Can't Post

... TP's avatar works so perfectly for this!

Tongue

Elven
Valinor

Apr 26 2008, 6:31pm

Post #8 of 47 (378 views)
Shortcut
Totally!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have ordered some sunshine for you Magpie - hope it gets to you soon and wipes out all that snow! Heart

Oh! Am I rude or what!! Blush

Hi Tampa Phil!! Smile Good to see you!!

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 26 2008, 9:07pm

Post #9 of 47 (367 views)
Shortcut
Dr TP, u r gr8 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thts awsme!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool
Mybe Orli cld hve a pet egle & I rckn they shld hve LinsyLohan az hiz grlfrnd sumhow.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2008, 9:25pm

Post #10 of 47 (348 views)
Shortcut
Orli is h0ttttttt [In reply to] Can't Post

I lurrrv Orl iHeart he needs to be in the movie fer sure. HeartHeart Me 'n my friends will go to the movies like 50 times if Orli is in it.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2008, 9:29pm

Post #11 of 47 (331 views)
Shortcut
awsme! u kno, [In reply to] Can't Post

if linsy cud be smog tht wud be prety neet 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
n orli haz 2 be reely hot in it bc it wll be a bad mvie if he haz like a beerd or sumthin

HeartHeartorliHeartHeart

Shagrat
Gondor

Apr 26 2008, 9:29pm

Post #12 of 47 (374 views)
Shortcut
With regards to these threads.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I realize the chances of my thoughts impacting GDT's casting decisions are minimal, but at least I typed properly and made a suitable suggestion, don't think you can ask more than that! I just have felt passionately about it for a while and since we know he's on this boards thought it was as good a chance to be heard than any....

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2008, 10:16pm

Post #13 of 47 (375 views)
Shortcut
The thing is.... [In reply to] Can't Post

that all of us have felt strongly about such things for a long time. Some of us have been here talking about them for several years! We're thrilled that GDT plans on talking to us directly from time to time. But he is going to be busy and I think it's unreasonable to expect that he will keep up with every message on the boards, or even every message written to him, especially if they are scattered across the boards at random times. As we see how and in what way he is able to talk with us, I'm sure there will be various times and means by which we can gather everyone's feedback and questions in a place where he will be certain to see them. In the meantime, while that's being worked out, we should follow the basic rules of discussion here. A couple of rules that seem relevant at the moment:

If there is an active thread (meaning still on the first page) on the topic you wish to discuss, post your message in that thread. Do not start a new thread.

Messages directed only to a particular person should be posted as a reply to a post by that person, or as a PM (if they accept them). This keeps the board from being cluttered up with messages that do not apply to the general discussion.

These boards exist so we can talk to our fellow fans. It's awesome that Guillermo has chosen to be "one of us", but he deserves the same courtesy and respect that we demand for everyone who posts here. He'll have plenty of opportunity of hearing all the feedback he could possibly want, and he'll enjoy himself that much more if he gets the chance to be treated like a real TORNsib. And everyone else who calls TORN home deserves the courtesy of not having their discussions swamped by people who think of this place only as a means to talk to one particular person. Smile

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Kapoof
The Shire

Apr 27 2008, 2:43am

Post #14 of 47 (321 views)
Shortcut
Oh no [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know the original poster, but i think we're in for a fun ride here...

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Apr 27 2008, 3:33am

Post #15 of 47 (279 views)
Shortcut
*Mods up.* // [In reply to] Can't Post

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us Apr. 21-27 for "The Uruk-hai".

Sunflower
Valinor

Apr 27 2008, 4:04am

Post #16 of 47 (314 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Brigand... [In reply to] Can't Post

I know you saw his post, but I can tell not many are aware yet.

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 27 2008, 4:15am

Post #17 of 47 (306 views)
Shortcut
Sunflower.. [In reply to] Can't Post

...your reading threads in flat mode, aren't you? N.E.'s mod up was for Silverlode. ;^)

acheron
Gondor

Apr 27 2008, 5:44am

Post #18 of 47 (309 views)
Shortcut
im in ur underground lake, stealin ur ring // [In reply to] Can't Post

n/t

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 27 2008, 4:43pm

Post #19 of 47 (296 views)
Shortcut
Also, didn't Mr del Toro specifically state, 'Please, no casting or plot suggestions'? [In reply to] Can't Post

I may be wrong but I think, in the original message giving us an email address, he requested that we not bombard him with suggestions for cast, script, plot, etc. as he cannot legally enter into any discussions of that kind of matter.

I see no problem with us discussing characters and casting here, and Mr del Toro may well read such suggestions (cough *Martin Freeman for Bilbo* cough Wink), but if I am remembering his message correctly, it would seem polite NOT to direct such requests/suggestions to the man himself.

Except in jest, of course - nice one, Tampa Phil! Sly

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

trentperson

Apr 27 2008, 6:33pm

Post #20 of 47 (266 views)
Shortcut
WOW.... [In reply to] Can't Post

TP.....not to be mean but that is just ridiculous.....you cannot cast the same actor in 2 major parts(legolas and thorin) ....no matter how much you want him to be in it....i can tell you now....he wont be in it as thorin.....but we may see legolas in mirkwood!

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 27 2008, 8:05pm

Post #21 of 47 (249 views)
Shortcut
If you take a look at TP's avatar... [In reply to] Can't Post

...you will get a sense of what he is up to. It's a joke.

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Apr 27 2008, 8:13pm

Post #22 of 47 (232 views)
Shortcut
oh- no, don't worry- [In reply to] Can't Post

I have not been here for a wildly long time, but from what I've seen, TP's ability to be serious is....well....the existence of that ability is questioned. (always gives me a welcomed laugh, though!! Smile)

(This post was edited by laerasea on Apr 27 2008, 8:14pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2008, 10:45pm

Post #23 of 47 (211 views)
Shortcut
I agree, greendragon [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombarding the director with casting requests/demands and script suggestions is a sure way to cause him to stop participating on the message boards.

In order to avoid litigation, Mr. Del Toro might have to avoid the boards altogether, and we certainly don't want that to happen!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Tampa Phil
Rivendell

Apr 28 2008, 12:41am

Post #24 of 47 (208 views)
Shortcut
Re/ WOW [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
TP.....not to be mean but that is just ridiculous.....you cannot cast the same actor in 2 major parts(legolas and thorin) ....no matter how much you want him to be in it....i can tell you now....he wont be in it as thorin.....but we may see legolas in mirkwood!

y not dude?

That Inglish guy McSome wuz both Emperor Palpatine and Darth Hideous in Star Warz. And he totally ROCKED!!!!!!!

Orli culd play Thorin as the lookout dwarf: "Woah Gandelf! Orks behind that rock!"

plz sign my petition to make Gillermow cast Orli as Thorin:

http://www.petitiononline.com/OrliWC/petition.html

TP.

(This post was edited by Tampa Phil on Apr 28 2008, 12:50am)

mwirkk
Rohan

Apr 28 2008, 1:10am

Post #25 of 47 (166 views)
Shortcut
No, same guy. // [In reply to] Can't Post

-mwirkk :)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.