LOTR Caption Contest CXXXIII

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 2 2016, 11:54am

Post #1 of 17 (2530 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Caption Contest CXXXIII Can't Post

Thank you again dormouse for the win.

It's getting colder here in the north again so I thought I'd post something wintery.

Caption away!

Here's the link to the full size image.

hanne
Lorien

Dec 2 2016, 3:32pm

Post #2 of 17 (2446 views)
Shortcut
No you do not need to collect more pinecones! Rivendell has plenty of Christmas decorations, I promise! / [In reply to] Can't Post

hanne
Lorien

Dec 2 2016, 3:33pm

Post #3 of 17 (2446 views)
Shortcut
Strider is unimpressed with Pippin's plan to tunnel straight through the earth to Mount Doom. / [In reply to] Can't Post

weathertop
Rohan

Dec 2 2016, 3:36pm

Post #4 of 17 (2445 views)
Shortcut
These apples are SOUR...maybe the hobbits will eat them, they'll eat ANYthing. [In reply to] Can't Post

They're ALWAYS eating...

Enginerd

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Dec 2 2016, 4:14pm

Post #5 of 17 (2441 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn starts to think that having that bean burrito wasn't such a smart idea after all. [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Meneldor
Valinor

Dec 2 2016, 8:46pm

Post #6 of 17 (2421 views)
Shortcut
"Watch your feet! You'll step on it!" [In reply to] Can't Post

"What kind of a ranger loses his contact lens anyway?"

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

StingingFly
Lorien

Dec 2 2016, 9:30pm

Post #7 of 17 (2412 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn finally comes up with a snappy comeback for Sam's "long shanks" comment, but realizes it is far too late.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Dec 2 2016, 10:04pm

Post #8 of 17 (2415 views)
Shortcut
LOL!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week! Thanks for the laugh, I really need it. Smile

CuriousG
Half-elven

Dec 2 2016, 10:43pm

Post #9 of 17 (2405 views)
Shortcut
While Aragorn was grimacing and distracted by a roadside traffic accident, opportunistic hobbit-bandits pillaged his personal belongings. // [In reply to] Can't Post

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Dec 3 2016, 12:00am

Post #10 of 17 (2405 views)
Shortcut
Your welcome!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad for the laugh!Smile

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 3 2016, 4:14am

Post #11 of 17 (2391 views)
Shortcut
LOL, me too! If that isn't Aragorn 'cutting the cheese' I don't know what it is. [In reply to] Can't Post

Nobody light a match. Er, did they have matches? Cool

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

dormouse
Half-elven

Dec 3 2016, 9:07am

Post #12 of 17 (2377 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn is anxious about the green mist they're having to walk through.... [In reply to] Can't Post

.... he's waiting while the hobbits find handkerchiefs to cover their noses.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

DainPig
Gondor

Dec 6 2016, 3:11pm

Post #13 of 17 (2284 views)
Shortcut
Damn. Hobbits? I thought they were tiny women [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 6 2016, 7:42pm

Post #14 of 17 (2263 views)
Shortcut
Pippin: "But where there's a fairy circle, there has to be mushrooms, right?" Strider: *burp* // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Mister Frodo, hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good frying pan at your side. I’ve been from one side of this garden to the other, I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Providence controlling everything. There's no Music of the Ainur that controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense."

Omnigeek
Lorien

Dec 8 2016, 7:26am

Post #15 of 17 (2215 views)
Shortcut
We're trying to escape the Ringwraiths and they have to cook a new meal every 2 hours ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 8 2016, 3:32pm

Post #16 of 17 (2205 views)
Shortcut
A winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well done to you all!

This was an extremely difficult one to judge. Right from the outset the captions were very funny and had me chuckling with mirth. But CuriousG's offering wins by the narrowest of margins. You have my heartiest of congratulations!

CuriousG
Half-elven

Dec 8 2016, 5:56pm

Post #17 of 17 (2199 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the honor, Belegdir! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was a great photo you found. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.