Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Searching: FOTR NZ Post Maximum Cards (2001)

TheHutt
Gondor

Nov 28 2016, 5:15pm

Post #1 of 5 (3033 views)
Shortcut
Searching: FOTR NZ Post Maximum Cards (2001) Can't Post

Hello,

In my attempt to complete my philately collection of LOTR and The Hobbit, I am searching for the set of New Zealand Post's FOTR-themed postcards (so-called "Maximum cards"). These look like this.
While I was able to find the ones for TTT and ROTK on eBay, I couldn't find the FOTR ones anywhere. Perchance somebody knows someone, or even has an extra copy? :)

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 29 2016, 9:14am

Post #2 of 5 (3014 views)
Shortcut
I have them in the old Trilogy Stamp book that I purchased back in the day [In reply to] Can't Post

However, I've seen these come up on ebay, and didn't think they were rare. In any case, I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I come across any.

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 29 2016, 10:32am

Post #3 of 5 (2992 views)
Shortcut
A New Zealand cards and collectables website [In reply to] Can't Post

http://cardsandcollectables.co.nz

They don't have any LOTR postcards online currently, but you could contact them to keep an eye out for them here. They seem to be in my region, so let me know by pm if I can do anything, Hutt. I'd be happy to help the guy who's made all those gorgeous DVD menus for us all.
Cheers.
Smile

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Nov 29 2016, 10:34am)

TheHutt
Gondor

Dec 2 2016, 2:11pm

Post #4 of 5 (2961 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the help! [In reply to] Can't Post

They seem to be quite rare nowadays.

TheHutt
Gondor

Dec 2 2016, 2:12pm

Post #5 of 5 (2960 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll check this page out.

PS: I didn't have anything to do with the DVD menus. :)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.