Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Movie Marathon Review: The Battle of the Five Armies Review
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

dormouse
Half-elven

Dec 1 2016, 3:01pm

Post #51 of 55 (711 views)
Shortcut
"How came you by the pants of our House?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 1 2016, 3:44pm

Post #52 of 55 (703 views)
Shortcut
"You have no power here, pants of Morgoth!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Fimbrethil, Warrior Entwife

dormouse
Half-elven

Dec 1 2016, 4:04pm

Post #53 of 55 (704 views)
Shortcut
"His arrows cannot pierce its pants. I fear nothing will." // [In reply to] Can't Post

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 1 2016, 5:05pm

Post #54 of 55 (701 views)
Shortcut
"Five feet high the pants, and three may fit abreast." // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Eruonen
Valinor

Dec 18 2016, 5:29pm

Post #55 of 55 (510 views)
Shortcut
Watched BOFA EE last night [In reply to] Can't Post

Overall, it is for me a better experience than the TE. It still has some flaws - my biggest complaint with the entire Hobbit series were the way too over the top scenes that PJ and or the studio wanted. I get trying to add a little comic relief at times to offset a lot of intense action....but, some scenes just go on too long against way too many CGI foes. The scale of the orc armies is just too huge to be believable if there was any hope of victory. Especially in Dale....and the dwarf rally was very unlikely given the staggering odds against them....but, we are to believe Dwalin held off thousands of orcs while Thorin had his one on one with Azog. The ice chariot fight was ok but it too went on a bit too long. The upside down Legolas scene was just dumb. I still don't like the idea of sending Fili and Kili on their "scouting missiom"...foolish to say the least. Buit, despite these nagging issues which plagued each film....I find the EE a more even film just because you have the connecting scenes...where did those rams come from?...Oh, now I see.....what happened to the company of dwarves?...Oh, now I see them. The arrival of the Eagles and Beorn makes for a better understanding of how the Gundabad forces were routed and then the other orc armies fighting the dwarves. The funeral scene was needed...the TE was too abrupt. The Dol Guldur scene was much more satisfying ....but I still dislike the change from assertive powerful Galadriel to a suddenly fearful Galadriel with the Nine. For me, the EE is far more enjoyable...maybe 8/10 with a slight edge to DOS EE.

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Dec 18 2016, 5:31pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.