Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Are there any other dvd.blu ray movies that have as comprehensive of additional

Eruonen
Half-elven

Nov 25 2016, 5:18am

Post #1 of 4 (1527 views)
Shortcut
Are there any other dvd.blu ray movies that have as comprehensive of additional Can't Post

supplementary material / appendices as either the LOTR and The Hobbit collections? Most other films have limited supplemental info. I will have to go back and see of Harry Potter offers similar.

In many ways, I enjoy the supplemental material more than the films for both delving into JRRT's world and the sheer behind the scenes detailed effort to create these and for understanding why certain things went as they did in the films (for better or worse).

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Nov 25 2016, 5:19am)

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 25 2016, 2:07pm

Post #2 of 4 (1480 views)
Shortcut
None that I know... [In reply to] Can't Post

Although the Potter series have added extra material over time with different issues of the films. There is a lot of background Potter material but it does depend which set of the films you have.

Others I can think of - there's an anniversary edition of 'Gladiator' that has a lot of material. 'Kingdom of Heaven' was really good because the background material revealed a whole subplot the studio had cut from the film - but later they brought out a director's cut with the subplot re-instated.

I always watch the supplementary stuff first time round but with most films I don't get round to watching it again, even if I really like the film. The Middle-earth films are exceptional for me in that I enjoy the background as much as the films.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

DainPig
Gondor

Nov 25 2016, 5:52pm

Post #3 of 4 (1453 views)
Shortcut
The Matrix films? [In reply to] Can't Post

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 29 2016, 9:15pm

Post #4 of 4 (1303 views)
Shortcut
Narnia [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a set for Narnia, the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe that has extra dvd(s?, can't really remember if it was one or two) with a lot of extra footage.

And I once borrowed from my brother The Golden Compass, which came with a lot of extra's and behind the scenes.

But as much as LOTR I have never seen.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.