Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Hair!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Hair!
love it just the way it came
wish it was . . . (fill in the blank)
I'm bald/balding
If I do things to it then I like it
the obligatory "other"
View Results (48 votes)

Annael
Half-elven

Nov 23 2016, 6:13pm

Post #1 of 26 (1463 views)
Shortcut
Hair! Can't Post

How do you feel about yours?

Seems like most people think the grass is greener on this one . . . if their hair is straight they wish for curly and vice versa. Some are losing theirs, some shave theirs off!

I do enjoy the fact that one can do all kinds of things to one's hair and it's only temporary. At the moment my hair is partly blue.

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 23 2016, 6:27pm

Post #2 of 26 (1367 views)
Shortcut
Grows too fast. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hate to take time off to go to the barber. (And "barbers" seem to be going the way of buggy whips.)

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

Nov 23 2016, 7:14pm

Post #3 of 26 (1365 views)
Shortcut
well... bravely or stupidly... I had it whacked off [In reply to] Can't Post

Lucky enough to have really thick hair that grows fairly fast. However that's a pain for me as I hate going to get haircuts and it always seems to be in my eyes. So yesterday I told the stylist to just whack it off. Sort of regretted that as she actually took me at my word and grabbed the clippers and starting buzzing.

My daughter will freak out when she sees it tomorrow. My students will freak when they see me Monday. I definitely freaked when I got up this morning, but as I told the girl yesterday.... It will grown back. Just too bad it has decided to actually get cold now -- (we were in the 80s until last week) my ears are freezing.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 23 2016, 7:34pm

Post #4 of 26 (1349 views)
Shortcut
Wish it was fuller. [In reply to] Can't Post

My hair's gotten pretty thin on top and the winters are cold in these parts.

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Nov 23 2016, 7:46pm

Post #5 of 26 (1355 views)
Shortcut
LOL! There is actually [In reply to] Can't Post

a hair salon near where I live called It'll Grow Back.
Makes me wonder at the competence of the stylists, though. Shocked

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Nov 23 2016, 7:49pm

Post #6 of 26 (1345 views)
Shortcut
I like my hair after I've done stuff to it. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's naturally blonde, but dark blonde. I get it highlighted.
It's naturally thick, and I've got tons of it, but it's baby-fine.
It's got enough of a natural wave to be obnoxious, so I iron it.
Overall, though, I am finally at a point where I like the style, color and length. Only took 49 years. Crazy

malickfan
Gondor

Nov 23 2016, 7:52pm

Post #7 of 26 (1347 views)
Shortcut
Damn you male pattern baldness! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've gone from having hair so thick as a teenager that I sometimes struggled to comb it, to having a very receded hairline and noticeable bald patch in my mid 20's.

Oh well, it's only hair.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 23 2016, 8:56pm

Post #8 of 26 (1329 views)
Shortcut
When I was younger, I tried to straighten it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thick with unruly waves! I never ironed it, but I did use a blow-dryer to try to straighten it. Eventually I just let it go, and kept it long enough to tie back.

Now I keep it cut around chin-length, clipping along the waves (yeah, I cut it myself, with one of my kids trimming the back evenly), and letting it do its wavy thing.

RosieLass
Valinor

Nov 24 2016, 3:31am

Post #9 of 26 (1308 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen my natural color in years. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not much gray, but I just feel better with color.

If I could change one thing, however, I'd like the unruly clump that falls down the middle of my forehead to behave.

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 24 2016, 3:35am

Post #10 of 26 (1310 views)
Shortcut
We've reached an understanding. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm reasonably content with mine these days. It's medium brown in colour, fairly fine but also fairly thick.

I've had it longish since I was in my teens - I used to keep it between waist and derriere length, but it's now between shoulder and waist (depending on how long since the most recent of my rare-ish hairdresser visits) length. It used to be utterly straight, but in recent years has of its own accord developed a soft wave, something I'm quite happy about.

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 24 2016, 10:22am

Post #11 of 26 (1295 views)
Shortcut
Wish it was more manageable [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a LOT of hair. I kept it short for years until about 10 years ago when friends persuaded me to grow it. I like it longer because I can do more with it, but it takes about four or five hours to dry properly naturally (and at least 30 minutes with a dryer). It tends to frizzy too, although I don't use products, rarely use a hairdryer and always use organic hair products.

I do like the colour, even though I've never been able to properly describe it. Sort of blondy-brown with reddish highlights. Gold in a certain light and when it's had lots of sun. Possibly honey.

Annael
Half-elven

Nov 24 2016, 3:50pm

Post #12 of 26 (1283 views)
Shortcut
I've never been one for products [In reply to] Can't Post

but lately I use a leave-in conditioner. Helps tame the beast.

Elarie
Grey Havens

Nov 24 2016, 4:17pm

Post #13 of 26 (1284 views)
Shortcut
I wish it was... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thicker, not so fine, not so fly-away, not so flat, would stay where I put it, would not grow in different directions, was either straighter or wavier instead of in-between, and did not need goopy product in order to hold a style. On the up side, it's pretty shiny when it's not frizzy and fly-away, so that's something.

Oh well, I've lately gone back to pigtails. What the heck.

TongueCrazyEvil

Dwarewien
Rohan

Nov 24 2016, 10:48pm

Post #14 of 26 (1233 views)
Shortcut
I wish it was longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

which is why I always wait about a year and a half to get a trim, and then mom always cuts it too short! I like it mid back range, since then I can braid it if I wish, but I mostly just wear it down. My hair's a cross between Fili's in the Hobbit and Eowyn's in LotR; naturally curly and strawberry blonde (natural, not dyed, since I haven't dyed my hair in years). Every time I chop it off, I always regret it, so it's best I keep it long (no matter how old I get). Smile

Kilidoescartwheels
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2016, 3:44am

Post #15 of 26 (1220 views)
Shortcut
For the first time in my life [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually DO like my hair. When I was younger my hair was straight & fine; I spent hundreds of dollars on perms to try & get some curl. But now that I'm in my 50's it seems to be getting coarser, which gives some body & curl to it. It's currently in a layered bob (lob?), and with a little bit of gray but not too much. Unfortunately, my weight is another matterCrazy

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2016, 5:16am

Post #16 of 26 (1207 views)
Shortcut
I think it's my best physical feature. [In reply to] Can't Post

And always has been. At this point in time it's wavy curly, auburn with grey. I love my grey. I feel like I've earned every single strand. Just like the wrinkles that are starting to line my face. Smile

sparrowruth
Bree

Nov 26 2016, 10:30pm

Post #17 of 26 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have quite thick dark hair, and mostly i'm too lazy to do much more than brush it - not even always that Sly. In the last year i've dyed the ends twice, however which i quite enjoyed. at the moment i have about four inches of blonde at the endLaugh.

I'm trying to grow it out right now - I hacked it off to a bit past my shoulders in april to get rid of the faded colour, and by now its grown to nearly my waist. I'm aiming for mid-thigh......i figure i'll get there in about two yearsCrazy

Gianna
Rohan

Nov 28 2016, 3:46pm

Post #18 of 26 (1005 views)
Shortcut
I wish it wasn't quite so straight, and thicker [In reply to] Can't Post

But other than that I love my hair. And it actually is thicker than it used to be. I used to wear it just past my waist and it was pretty thin, but I got it cut to just below my shoulders about a year ago and it started getting thicker.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 28 2016, 11:00pm

Post #19 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut
I wish I had thick hair and a thin stomach [In reply to] Can't Post

but somehow I got them backwards.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Dec 2 2016, 7:01pm

Post #20 of 26 (934 views)
Shortcut
hats are your friend... [In reply to] Can't Post

Also i give you the awesome Patrick Stewart, Dwayne Johnson, Yul Brenner, and some other guys...

Vin Diesel, not so much.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Dec 2 2016, 7:02pm

Post #21 of 26 (934 views)
Shortcut
just go with [In reply to] Can't Post

the Patrick Stewart look... we love him

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Dec 2 2016, 7:06pm

Post #22 of 26 (935 views)
Shortcut
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

started out with auburnish hair as a kid, dyed it red for the next 40 years (never.... try.... henna.... over ... regular.... hair....dye....)...

Then said PHHHHHHBBBBTTTT!!!! and decided to let it go grey.

So instead of silver, it comes out like a dirt road Appaloosa (those Appy horses that are sort of not spotted but a kind of mess of roanish dirt road color).

then I got a whopping case of Crohn's disease and had to go on Imuran and my hair began falling out.

Now doing some supplements, but still falling out.

UGH

Did get a nice compliment from a lady the other day.. I had the hair tied up and clamped with a flower pick stuck through it. I work at an arts and crafts store, and we have all this glittery stuff, so i got this pick of greens, turquoise glittery ornaments and stuff and there it was on my head being festive and it made her day.

I think I pulled some more hair out when I took the pick out...

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 2 2016, 7:47pm

Post #23 of 26 (930 views)
Shortcut
Diesel Power [In reply to] Can't Post

I like Vin Diesel as an actor more than I like Dwayne Johnson. Maybe that's because Vin is a fellow gamer.

We all love Patrick Stewart.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Dec 7 2016, 6:55pm

Post #24 of 26 (883 views)
Shortcut
I like my hair. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's thick and dark.

I used to have long hair, then I had it cut really short last summer. Had another cut last Christmas, and since then I have been letting it grow back out. It's a little past my shoulders now.

Cuwen Maegmacil
Rivendell

Dec 14 2016, 8:53pm

Post #25 of 26 (717 views)
Shortcut
Love-Hate Relationship [In reply to] Can't Post

I love my hair! But only when it does what I want it to do!
I tend to dye my hair darker then it is because I'm not crazy about my natural color. It's curly, which is okay, sometimes, but when I cut it short everyone said I looked like Frodo. I love Frodo! But I don't wanna look like him!Frown
Thus I am growing it back to it's old Elven-glory!

(This post was edited by Cuwen Maegmacil on Dec 14 2016, 8:54pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.