**LOTR Appendix A, Of Numenor: The Second Age
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

CuriousG
Half-elven

Nov 16 2016, 1:32pm

Post #51 of 56 (1237 views)
Shortcut
You have the advantage of being a hobbit. [In reply to] Can't Post

No jury is going to look at a cute little hobbit in the defense chair with furry feet and find them guilty of anything. Maybe take them home and adopt them as a pet, but never find fault with them. You could probably get away with murder.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 16 2016, 8:12pm

Post #52 of 56 (1225 views)
Shortcut
lol . . . and agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Your logic is impeccable and another little known secret is outed…

In Reply To
I think NWM may have played a part in Radagast's disappearance too. You notice how whenever we bring up that question in the Rdg Rm, he changes the subject and scrambles to call for more chapter volunteers, even for chapters that don't exist? He certainly laid bare his tactics when he asked for people to cover "Merry Wins at Quidditch" and "Pippin Meets the Wizard of Oz."

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

noWizardme
Half-elven

Nov 16 2016, 11:05pm

Post #53 of 56 (1211 views)
Shortcut
Just don't tell them what we did with the THIRD tree... [In reply to] Can't Post

One for each silmarill, right...

~~~~~~
The Sixth read-through of LOTR continues until Christmas. All chapters now have volunteer leaders. Schedule here; http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=916172#916172

A wonderful list of links to previous chapters in the LOTR read-through (and to previous read-throughs) is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 17 2016, 11:29pm

Post #54 of 56 (1174 views)
Shortcut
We are lumberjacks [In reply to] Can't Post

and we’re OK
We sleep all night and we work all day.

We cut down trees, we eat our lunch. We go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays we go shopping and have buttered scones and tea.
Tongue

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

noWizardme
Half-elven

Dec 1 2016, 2:35pm

Post #55 of 56 (1041 views)
Shortcut
"Seriously, why would anyone choose mortality?" To be with Mrs Elros? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've just realised that we missed one possible explanation - if Luthien and Arwen are prepared to give up immortality for a life with their mortal husbands, why not posit that Elros made the same decision, choosing the only way to be with his mortal wife?

~~~~~~
The Sixth read-through of LOTR continues until Christmas. All chapters now have volunteer leaders. Schedule here; http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=916172#916172

A wonderful list of links to previous chapters in the LOTR read-through (and to previous read-throughs) is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

CuriousG
Half-elven

Dec 1 2016, 10:00pm

Post #56 of 56 (1025 views)
Shortcut
That would make lots of sense. // [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.