Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
October 31st - Sir Peter Jackson's Birthday!

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 31 2016, 12:06am

Post #1 of 11 (946 views)
Shortcut
October 31st - Sir Peter Jackson's Birthday! Can't Post

Let's take a moment to celebrate the man who so wonderfully adapted the LOTR and TH to the "silver screen".
Live long and prosper, Sir Peter!

It was a foggy day in London, and the fog was heavy and dark. Animate London, with smarting eyes and irritated lungs, was blinking, wheezing, and choking; inanimate London was a sooty spectre, divided in purpose between being visible and invisible, and so being wholly neither. - Our Mutual Friend, Charles Dickens.

It is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen. - The Silmarillion, J. R. R. Tolkien

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 31 2016, 8:12am

Post #2 of 11 (910 views)
Shortcut
What a day for a birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's to him, and many happy returns!

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 31 2016, 12:16pm

Post #3 of 11 (901 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday, Mr. Jackson! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for bringing such a simple joy into my life!Heart

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Oct 31 2016, 2:54pm

Post #4 of 11 (898 views)
Shortcut
In the immortal "words" of Boynton cards: [In reply to] Can't Post

(Birdie) 2X (lady sheep)

(This post was edited by Ethel Duath on Oct 31 2016, 2:55pm)

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 31 2016, 5:03pm

Post #5 of 11 (876 views)
Shortcut
Ummmm..... [In reply to] Can't Post

I must say I am rather confused CrazyWink

It was a foggy day in London, and the fog was heavy and dark. Animate London, with smarting eyes and irritated lungs, was blinking, wheezing, and choking; inanimate London was a sooty spectre, divided in purpose between being visible and invisible, and so being wholly neither. - Our Mutual Friend, Charles Dickens.

It is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen. - The Silmarillion, J. R. R. Tolkien

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Oct 31 2016, 5:16pm

Post #6 of 11 (873 views)
Shortcut
It's from an old greeting card company, and of course involves puns [In reply to] Can't Post

since it's from pun-obsessed me:

Hippo=Happy, Birdie=Birthday, 2 ewes=to you

I think the original card had actually 2 separate ewes pictured, but I wanted to make this shorter than they did. That card illustrated the entire Happy Birthday song with animals that sounded like the words! (For instance, a deer picture for "dear" in the songCool)

Hope this helps!Smile

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 31 2016, 5:52pm

Post #7 of 11 (864 views)
Shortcut
Aha! [In reply to] Can't Post

I see now! LaughLaughLaugh

Ettelewen
Rohan

Nov 1 2016, 2:24pm

Post #8 of 11 (835 views)
Shortcut
LOL! I like that. // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 1 2016, 4:27pm

Post #9 of 11 (823 views)
Shortcut
Many happy (belated) returns, Sir Peter! // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 3 2016, 1:52pm

Post #10 of 11 (789 views)
Shortcut
*screeeech... slides in SO LATE* Happy Birthday!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish you and your family ALL THE BEST, ALL THE TIME! Thank you for being SO AWESOME!!! :D

Happy Birthday, Kind Sir!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Ent Wife
The Shire

Nov 4 2016, 6:41pm

Post #11 of 11 (757 views)
Shortcut
Belated Birthday Greetings, Mr Jackson! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.