Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
LotR Caption Contest CXXX

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 26 2016, 1:54pm

Post #1 of 25 (2932 views)
Shortcut
LotR Caption Contest CXXX Can't Post

One hundred thirty already! How long can we keep this going?

According to the Laws set forth in the Elder Days, here is presented the Image that must be described most Humourously:

Go forth and post! Go fifth and drink!

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Oct 26 2016, 1:57pm)

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 26 2016, 2:43pm

Post #2 of 25 (2843 views)
Shortcut
I bet it didn't take those troops long to learn [In reply to] Can't Post

it's better to walk in front of the oliphaunts than close behind them.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 26 2016, 3:14pm

Post #3 of 25 (2838 views)
Shortcut
Oliphaunt #1: The indignity of being called "dumbo"! We get no respect! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oliphaunt #2: You think that's bad? Wait until some idiot tries sliding down your trunk!

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Oct 26 2016, 4:21pm

Post #4 of 25 (2832 views)
Shortcut
One hundred thirty already! How long can we keep this going? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well at the LEAST until we beat Gerontius, the Old Took. (Oops, that’s but uno mas Wink.)

Hopefully much longer… Smile

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Oct 26 2016, 4:59pm

Post #5 of 25 (2821 views)
Shortcut
Gluguk orc: "Hey, I’m walkin’ h-e-r - " * squish * // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 26 2016, 5:39pm

Post #6 of 25 (2812 views)
Shortcut
"Does this house look big on me?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 26 2016, 8:41pm

Post #7 of 25 (2802 views)
Shortcut
Alfrid: "Sure you need all this gold, master? I could take some off your hands" [In reply to] Can't Post

The Master: "No! Certainly not! We're taking all these oliphaunts can carry!"

What the Master didn't know was oliphaunts are extremely scared of were-worms. And were-worms are common in these parts. A were-worm sprang up and the oliphaunts reared up, and the Master was crushed under a tumbling Mumak. Alfrid, escaping the fray, wonders how he is going to carry a tonne of gold himself. But then, who should come over the hill, but a stray pig! Pigs can carry anything! And Alfrid rides off into the sunset with his gold.

Is this allowed in a LOTR caption contest? Wink

It was a foggy day in London, and the fog was heavy and dark. Animate London, with smarting eyes and irritated lungs, was blinking, wheezing, and choking; inanimate London was a sooty spectre, divided in purpose between being visible and invisible, and so being wholly neither. - Our Mutual Friend, Charles Dickens.

It is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen. - The Silmarillion, J. R. R. Tolkien

StingingFly
Lorien

Oct 26 2016, 8:52pm

Post #8 of 25 (2806 views)
Shortcut
Faramir's men were hesitant to fire... [In reply to] Can't Post

...still regretting the ambush of a traveling Circus only last week.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 26 2016, 9:07pm

Post #9 of 25 (2789 views)
Shortcut
Oh no! ROFL! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 27 2016, 1:30am

Post #10 of 25 (2774 views)
Shortcut
Ha!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 27 2016, 1:40am

Post #11 of 25 (2780 views)
Shortcut
Random Southron: "that's the second biggest mumakil I've ever seen... [In reply to] Can't Post

The one on the right anyway."

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 27 2016, 7:55am

Post #12 of 25 (2767 views)
Shortcut
When the Mumakil are line dancing.... [In reply to] Can't Post

..everyone runs for cover!

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

CuriousG
Half-elven

Oct 27 2016, 8:24pm

Post #13 of 25 (2721 views)
Shortcut
The Entwives were finally discovered in Middle-earth, but looking rather less tree-ish than the Ents remembered them. // [In reply to] Can't Post

CuriousG
Half-elven

Oct 27 2016, 8:31pm

Post #14 of 25 (2720 views)
Shortcut
Surprise allies of Sauron, and hence enemies of Gondor, were Jane Gooddall and Greenpeace, fighting to stop the slaughter of animals for the black market in ivory jewelry. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eruonen
Valinor

Oct 31 2016, 1:33am

Post #15 of 25 (2649 views)
Shortcut
A modified elephant joke [In reply to] Can't Post

Q: What is an Oliphaunt's favorite sport?

A: Squash

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 31 2016, 6:52pm

Post #16 of 25 (2599 views)
Shortcut
The living chess event at the Ithilien Ren Fair got slightly out of hand... // [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Belegdir
Lorien

Oct 31 2016, 7:55pm

Post #17 of 25 (2596 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... said Pooh. I wonder if those Heffalumps brought any Hunny? [In reply to] Can't Post

malickfan
Gondor

Oct 31 2016, 8:02pm

Post #18 of 25 (2591 views)
Shortcut
The entertainment at Sam and Elanor's Wedding was provided by a rather surprising travelling circus// [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 1 2016, 4:31pm

Post #19 of 25 (2534 views)
Shortcut
"Oh, bother", said Pooh, as the murderous Mumakil began their rampage. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Fimbrethil, Warrior Entwife

Belegdir
Lorien

Nov 1 2016, 6:29pm

Post #20 of 25 (2523 views)
Shortcut
I nearly dropped my mobile when I read this one! Too funny! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 1 2016, 11:29pm

Post #21 of 25 (2492 views)
Shortcut
LOL! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Ingwion
Lorien

Nov 2 2016, 12:52pm

Post #22 of 25 (2473 views)
Shortcut
Mods up! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm not sure precisely what that means, but it sounds good anyway Cool

Or maybe this LaughLaughLaugh would serve the same end.

Anyway, this is hilarious. That is what I'm trying to say. Wink

It was a foggy day in London, and the fog was heavy and dark. Animate London, with smarting eyes and irritated lungs, was blinking, wheezing, and choking; inanimate London was a sooty spectre, divided in purpose between being visible and invisible, and so being wholly neither. - Our Mutual Friend, Charles Dickens.

It is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen. - The Silmarillion, J. R. R. Tolkien

(This post was edited by Ingwion on Nov 2 2016, 12:53pm)

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 2 2016, 2:23pm

Post #23 of 25 (2460 views)
Shortcut
Darkstone, that's wickedly, mischievously, perfect.. // [In reply to] Can't Post

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

sador
Half-elven

Nov 4 2016, 4:40am

Post #24 of 25 (2383 views)
Shortcut
"On the Rampage, Pip, and off the Rampage, Pip - such is Life!" [In reply to] Can't Post

The hobbits wandered here and there visiting again the places that they have passed before; and Sam hoped always in some shadow of the woods or secret glade to catch, maybe, a glimpse of the great Oliphaunt".

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 4 2016, 1:39pm

Post #25 of 25 (2361 views)
Shortcut
I choose you, Darkstone! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a tough decision, but I does luv me a good Winnie-the-Pooh reference (sorry, Belegdir, but you were a close contender). Go forth and post!

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.