What is going on here?

It's time for 'Captions in the Dark'...

Fereth
Rivendell

Oct 25 2016, 12:29am

Post #2 of 17 (2003 views)
Shortcut
Of all the changes Peter Jackson made from the book [In reply to] Can't Post

Giant Gollum was by far Bilbo's least favorite.

(This post was edited by Fereth on Oct 25 2016, 12:32am)

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 25 2016, 4:32am

Post #3 of 17 (1972 views)
Shortcut
"I said 'Coming, I'm in the restroom!,' not 'Come in,' you inconsiderate rabbit..." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 25 2016, 8:25am

Post #4 of 17 (1966 views)
Shortcut
In which Gollum reveals his ability to glow in the dark.... [In reply to] Can't Post

..and Bilbo discovers to his horror that on the wrong finger the Ring just makes you very, very small....

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 25 2016, 12:28pm

Post #5 of 17 (1952 views)
Shortcut
Gollum tries to keep his cool after finding out that [In reply to] Can't Post

he has a little Bilbo growing out of his back.

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Lissuin
Valinor

Oct 25 2016, 1:08pm

Post #6 of 17 (1949 views)
Shortcut
Who was really in poor Smeagol's head? We knows, don't we Precious? [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo / Smeagol: We wants it. We needs it. Must have the precioussss. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitsesss. Wicked, trickssssy, falssse!
No! Not Master. Yes, precious. False. They will cheat you, hurt you, lie. Master’s my friend.
(taunting) You don’t have any friends. Nobody likes YOU.
(starts to cry and whimper) Go away. Go away!
(cackles) Hahahahaha!
(cries, whispering) I hate you, I hate you.
(fiercely) Where would you be without me? Bilbo, Bilbo. I saved us. It was me. We survived because of me!
(resolute) Not anymore.
(surprised) What did you say?
Master looks after us now. We don’t need you. What? Leave now and never come back.
No!!!
(louder) Leave now and never come back!
(bares teeth, growling)
Arghhhh! LEAVE NOW AND NEVER COME BACK.
(Smeagol pants and looks around for Bilbo) We... we told him to go away! And away he goes, preciousss. (dances around, happily) Gone, gone, gone! Smeagol is free!

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 25 2016, 1:50pm

Post #7 of 17 (1937 views)
Shortcut
Hahaha! Good one! [In reply to] Can't Post

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Oct 25 2016, 8:12pm

Post #8 of 17 (1906 views)
Shortcut
“Yo, hubcap-head. Rock-Paper-Scissors – two-out-of-three. I lose you eat; you lose I’m outta here. What say?” // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 25 2016, 8:40pm

Post #9 of 17 (1901 views)
Shortcut
World's Worst Patronus // [In reply to] Can't Post

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 26 2016, 4:02am

Post #10 of 17 (1874 views)
Shortcut
Ha! :D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

LittleHobbit
Lorien

Oct 26 2016, 7:55am

Post #11 of 17 (1867 views)
Shortcut
I liked that post as well..... :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Belegdir
Lorien

Oct 26 2016, 1:33pm

Post #12 of 17 (1849 views)
Shortcut
Hurry up Gollum! - That Orcish-vindaloo challenge wasn't such a great idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Belegdir on Oct 26 2016, 1:34pm)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 26 2016, 2:49pm

Post #13 of 17 (1831 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo: "I'm not afraid of the dark!" Gollum: "Baggins is afraid!" Smeagol: "So are we, precious!"// [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

I'd say I've entered my second childhood, but I never left the first!

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 26 2016, 6:53pm

Post #14 of 17 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Ha! Very good! // [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a foggy day in London, and the fog was heavy and dark. Animate London, with smarting eyes and irritated lungs, was blinking, wheezing, and choking; inanimate London was a sooty spectre, divided in purpose between being visible and invisible, and so being wholly neither. - Our Mutual Friend, Charles Dickens.

It is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen. - The Silmarillion, J. R. R. Tolkien

Cirashala
Valinor

Oct 27 2016, 5:28pm

Post #15 of 17 (1778 views)
Shortcut
"Does this loincloth make my butt look big?" [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo- er, I thought we were doing riddles.....?

StingingFly
Lorien

Oct 30 2016, 4:38pm

Post #16 of 17 (1632 views)
Shortcut
The Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

After I researched what a Patronus was, this caption shone just a bit brighter than the rest, claiming the title.
Otaku-sempai, you now control both caption contests...surely more power than one being can safely handle.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 30 2016, 5:02pm

Post #17 of 17 (1621 views)
Shortcut
Thank you... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and I'm a bit surprised! I will try to find an image suitable to the season.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.