Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
What little details do you love about the Middle-earth films?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 23 2016, 8:57am

Post #51 of 77 (801 views)
Shortcut
Two birds.... [In reply to] Can't Post

..flying out of their nests in the eye of the Argonath.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 23 2016, 12:42pm

Post #52 of 77 (798 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes, that was a small perfect touch. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wasn't it?

Another one is when the Fellowship are camping at Amon Hen and how you can see ruins even from the bank of the river.

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 23 2016, 1:28pm

Post #53 of 77 (792 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes, that was wonderful [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the detail in the shots of Minas Tirith - the way you can see the White Tower, the Houses of the Dead etc.

It was a foggy day in London, and the fog was heavy and dark. Animate London, with smarting eyes and irritated lungs, was blinking, wheezing, and choking; inanimate London was a sooty spectre, divided in purpose between being visible and invisible, and so being wholly neither. - Our Mutual Friend, Charles Dickens.

It is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen. - The Silmarillion, J. R. R. Tolkien

Calenleya
Bree

Oct 23 2016, 2:58pm

Post #54 of 77 (787 views)
Shortcut
Yes, the birds [In reply to] Can't Post

Even I did seen them the first time watching FotR Heart, And that says something, because I didn't see the stone trolls the first time around. Don't ask me how I could miss them when they were literally at the whole screen. My brother still makes fun of me for thatSmile

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

May you have the hindsight to know
where you've been,
the foresight to know where you're going to and
the insight to know when you're going too far.

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 23 2016, 3:00pm

Post #55 of 77 (783 views)
Shortcut
Hehe :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

It was a foggy day in London, and the fog was heavy and dark. Animate London, with smarting eyes and irritated lungs, was blinking, wheezing, and choking; inanimate London was a sooty spectre, divided in purpose between being visible and invisible, and so being wholly neither. - Our Mutual Friend, Charles Dickens.

It is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen. - The Silmarillion, J. R. R. Tolkien

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 23 2016, 3:01pm

Post #56 of 77 (784 views)
Shortcut
The cat [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you remember the cat in the Prancing Pony in FOTR? I can't work out why they put that in..... it seems so random... Crazy

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 23 2016, 3:17pm

Post #57 of 77 (781 views)
Shortcut
Yes - every time I watch the film I look out for the birds.... [In reply to] Can't Post

..and they're always a second or two later than I expect, just as I'm starting to wonder if this time they won't come. After all these years you'd think I'd be over that, but it catches me every time!

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 23 2016, 3:26pm

Post #58 of 77 (783 views)
Shortcut
Another one [In reply to] Can't Post

It says in the FOTR appendices that all of Legolas's arrows had miniscule flowers engraved on their tips - wow.

Calenleya
Bree

Oct 23 2016, 3:32pm

Post #59 of 77 (777 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

that is so cool. And it's one of the many things why the films are so great, all those details. And most of them you might even don't see, but they are there nand it gives it so mch depth. Heart

where you've been,

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 23 2016, 3:42pm

Post #60 of 77 (773 views)
Shortcut
It is isn't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 23 2016, 6:22pm

Post #61 of 77 (763 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I remember the cat. [In reply to] Can't Post

They might have put it in because sometimes cats appear to be almost devilish creatures.(My mom's cat is definitely a bit of a devil!WinkLaugh)

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 23 2016, 6:25pm

Post #62 of 77 (761 views)
Shortcut
I've had moments like that! [In reply to] Can't Post

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 23 2016, 6:25pm

Post #63 of 77 (757 views)
Shortcut
That is really cool. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 23 2016, 8:14pm

Post #64 of 77 (748 views)
Shortcut
Reminds me of when I didn't see a friend [In reply to] Can't Post

when he was standing in the middle of the road waving at me with both hands as I drove by.

"How could you not see me?"

"I was looking for a car park. Do you look like a car park? So of course I didn't see you!"

It made sense to me...

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Calenleya
Bree

Oct 24 2016, 12:38am

Post #65 of 77 (735 views)
Shortcut
lol [In reply to] Can't Post

It makes sense Wink Now I have to smile every time i watch FotR and troll scene comes on...

where you've been,

No One in Particular
Lorien

Oct 30 2016, 3:11am

Post #66 of 77 (625 views)
Shortcut
In the battle before the gates of Mordor... [In reply to] Can't Post

When Sauron's armies are fleeing, and the Barad Dúr is falling, and they're all cheering "Frodo!Frodo!" and deliriously happy, and then Orodruin erupts in a fiery conflagration. You can see the realization on Merry and Pippin's faces about Frodo and Sam's almost certain fate perfectly. I love that scene.

While you live, shine
Have no grief at all
Life exists only for a short while
And time demands an end.
Seikilos Epitaph

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 30 2016, 11:57am

Post #67 of 77 (612 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes, [In reply to] Can't Post

The looks on the two's faces were perfect as the despair came to be. I also loved Gandalf's tear as the mountain exploded too.

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 30 2016, 2:59pm

Post #68 of 77 (606 views)
Shortcut
Talking of tears, [In reply to] Can't Post

The tear that rolls down Grima's face as he gazes out over Saruman's army is a beautiful touch, and heightens the sense of impending doom as well

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 30 2016, 3:01pm

Post #69 of 77 (603 views)
Shortcut
This doesn't really appear in the movies, [In reply to] Can't Post

But it says in the appendixes of FOTR that the Orc's (or possibly Uruk-hai's) gloves had little black speech lettering marked on every section of them. It's wonderful depth.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 30 2016, 9:50pm

Post #70 of 77 (588 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was a nice touch! I read in the book "The Lord of the Films" that he had shed a tear because of Eowyn!

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 30 2016, 9:54pm

Post #71 of 77 (583 views)
Shortcut
Oh, that is cool!! [In reply to] Can't Post

The detail of these films are amazing!

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 30 2016, 10:14pm

Post #72 of 77 (584 views)
Shortcut
Yes, and also [In reply to] Can't Post

In The Two Towers Cast Commentary, Brad Dourif said it was meant to symbolise the moment Grima repented and realised that Rohan would be destroyed - he said it was intended to show the audience how sad he was at the (he thought) certain impending destruction of Rohan

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 30 2016, 10:43pm

Post #73 of 77 (580 views)
Shortcut
That is really neat. [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't help but wonder what would of happened if Grima had aided the good guys after he left Saruman. I know it would of been against the book, but I would really would have liked to see that!

Ingwion
Lorien

Nov 1 2016, 11:55am

Post #74 of 77 (549 views)
Shortcut
Sorry for replying after this thread has fallen off the board [In reply to] Can't Post

But I was looking back over some old threads in the LOTR movie board, and came across one which pointed out that during the MoS scene, you can hear Black Speech whispers - Sauron communicating to his servant? I watched it back, and sure enough, I heard whispers. Very interesting.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Nov 1 2016, 12:17pm

Post #75 of 77 (544 views)
Shortcut
Oooh! I haven't heard that before! [In reply to] Can't Post

Creepy, but cool!! I will have to look for that when I watch that scene next!

I also have read this, and have noticed it, that in the scene when Radagast is in Dol Guldor, and the Necromancer appears to him, you can hear the Necromancer say Radagast's name.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.