Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Complete Recordings?

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 18 2016, 12:32pm

Post #1 of 13 (2170 views)
Shortcut
Complete Recordings? Can't Post

I know this has been asked before, but do you think that the FOTR and the TTT complete recordings will ever be put on iTunes? I've heard that they may go into print again, but I'm wondering if they will ever be put out on iTunes?

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 19 2016, 2:06am

Post #2 of 13 (2106 views)
Shortcut
A reissue would be nice [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you seen the price of those things on amazon? Alas for the day I had them in my hands and didn't buy them, heh.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 19 2016, 12:03pm

Post #3 of 13 (2081 views)
Shortcut
I know, it's crazy. [In reply to] Can't Post

They have gone up to hundreds and hundreds of dollars!

Hopefully they will be more available and less pricey in the future.

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Eruclauron
Bree

Oct 20 2016, 1:59pm

Post #4 of 13 (1999 views)
Shortcut
Would love a reissue [In reply to] Can't Post

I too would love a reissue. I was a bit late to the game (I read the books summer 2012 and saw the films after finishing each), so I missed out on the amazing Complete Recordings, and I've always been bummed about that. Unsure

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 20 2016, 2:32pm

Post #5 of 13 (1998 views)
Shortcut
I know. [In reply to] Can't Post

We are lucky that we have the ROTK on iTunes for the Complete Recordings, but I am keeping my fingers cross for the other two to eventually be rereleased.

jlj93byu
Bree

Oct 26 2016, 4:42pm

Post #6 of 13 (1887 views)
Shortcut
Helpful Thread [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a thread about this from Film Score Monthly that has become active again recently. The thread begins in 2013 but the last few pages are within the last few weeks. They offer some insight into the logistics for re-issuing this, as well as some questions about changing the packaging to make a re-issue less cost prohibitive. I am hoping for a re-issue, even though I grabbed all 3 as they were originally released, I just feel so bad that these amazing collections aren't in as many desirous hands as they could be.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/...=99038&archive=0

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 26 2016, 8:03pm

Post #7 of 13 (1878 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm lucky that ROTK's music is on itunes, because I wouldn't be able to afford the other music. (Sigh) well, maybe one day the music will all be available again, but I am grateful enough for the ROTK!

jlj93byu
Bree

Oct 26 2016, 8:43pm

Post #8 of 13 (1875 views)
Shortcut
Grateful For What's Available [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I am glad at least that ROTK is available. Some of the best unreleased music is from that album, such as "For Frodo" and the music during Theoden's rallying speech in "The Battle of Pelennor Fields." The latter is what I was most looking forward to back when the original album was released and I was so disappointed when it wasn't there.

Of course, FOTR and TTT have some great unreleased music as well, beginning with the actual Prologue music and the Hobbit music from the extended edition. Here's hoping for a reissue some day. Why on earth they don't at least make them all available digitally is just beyond me.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 26 2016, 9:00pm

Post #9 of 13 (1873 views)
Shortcut
I love the music during Theoden's speech! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have listened to FOTR and TTT but I don't own any of the music, so I am hoping for something! I am sure it will eventually happen, as money could be made from them!

I do own the original albums and love them, but sometimes you would just like a little bit more!Wink

jlj93byu
Bree

Oct 26 2016, 9:06pm

Post #10 of 13 (1873 views)
Shortcut
Lighting of the Beacons [In reply to] Can't Post

In another thread many people said "Lighting of the Beacons" was one of their favorite musical pieces, and while that music is on the original album, what is not included is the few minutes AFTER the final beacon is lit. I love the militaristic Rohan theme, and then how it ends with a building of the Nature's Reclamation leitmotif, which connects it even more to Battle of Pelennor Fields. Both occurrences of Nature's Reclamation are only available on the complete recordings.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 26 2016, 9:17pm

Post #11 of 13 (1874 views)
Shortcut
I defiantly remember hearing that. [In reply to] Can't Post

I love Nature Reclamation's theme, and it was so awesome in ROTK, and I am glad that the ROTK complete recordings is available so we can experience that theme in all it's glory in music.

I would love the other complete recordings because of all the other musical themes, such as the Nazgul's themes and all the other Rohan themes.

Ingwion
Lorien

Oct 27 2016, 3:46pm

Post #12 of 13 (1857 views)
Shortcut
There is..... [In reply to] Can't Post

.....A video on Youtube with all ~10 hours of the score. Searching "The Lord of the Rings: Complete Score" will find you the video of the same name. It isn't iTunes, but it's really all we've got other than the actual CR discs

It was a foggy day in London, and the fog was heavy and dark. Animate London, with smarting eyes and irritated lungs, was blinking, wheezing, and choking; inanimate London was a sooty spectre, divided in purpose between being visible and invisible, and so being wholly neither. - Our Mutual Friend, Charles Dickens.

It is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen. - The Silmarillion, J. R. R. Tolkien

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 27 2016, 4:05pm

Post #13 of 13 (1852 views)
Shortcut
I know, and I'm thankful that we at least have that. [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the music, and I am glad that we at least can listen to it somewhere.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.