The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Caption Contest XXIII

Lissuin
Valinor

Oct 5 2016, 9:22pm

Post #1 of 18 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest XXIII Can't Post

Bard the Bargeman. Would you trust that man with your gold - and your lives? Bwa ha ha!
You tell us!

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 5 2016, 11:46pm

Post #2 of 18 (2006 views)
Shortcut
Bard: Pssst...can you keep a secret? [In reply to] Can't Post

But you have to promise to keep it or I will have fourteen little helpers make sure you keep it.

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Meneldor
Valinor

Oct 6 2016, 12:09am

Post #3 of 18 (2002 views)
Shortcut
You came in that thing? [In reply to] Can't Post

You're braver than I thought.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

MyWeeLadGimli
Lorien

Oct 6 2016, 3:04am

Post #4 of 18 (1974 views)
Shortcut
"Don't tell anyone else, but I've forgotten how to speak thrush." [In reply to] Can't Post

"Don't worry about it, when are you ever going to need to know that anyway?"

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Oct 6 2016, 4:05am

Post #5 of 18 (1967 views)
Shortcut
I like that. [In reply to] Can't Post

I always follow my job through.

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 6 2016, 8:25am

Post #6 of 18 (1958 views)
Shortcut
"I have a problem.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... you don't happen to have fourteen barrels of fish anywhere...?"

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 6 2016, 1:55pm

Post #7 of 18 (1939 views)
Shortcut
Sadly, Chris de Burgh was busy during production so Howard Shore had to go in another direction. // [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Oct 6 2016, 2:24pm

Post #8 of 18 (1935 views)
Shortcut
“Yo! You boys seen any black arrows lying around here anywhere?” // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

DainPig
Gondor

Oct 6 2016, 2:58pm

Post #9 of 18 (1938 views)
Shortcut
Bard: who are you? [In reply to] Can't Post

Actual heir of Girion: Don't mind me, I am just an extra.

"Se mais pessoas valorizassem o lar acima do ouro, o mundo seria muito mais feliz."

dainpigblog.blogspot.com

historiasderafaelrodriguesdarocha.blogspot.com

(This post was edited by DainPig on Oct 6 2016, 2:58pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 6 2016, 3:34pm

Post #10 of 18 (1920 views)
Shortcut
What do you mean, my daughter ran away to crew the Black Pearl?!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

with Will Turner LegolasAngelic

weathertop
Rohan

Oct 7 2016, 3:31pm

Post #11 of 18 (1837 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Enginerd

StingingFly
Lorien

Oct 12 2016, 12:38am

Post #12 of 18 (1567 views)
Shortcut
"I'll take the little blue R2 unit," says 'Luke' to the Jawa. [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 12 2016, 10:29pm

Post #13 of 18 (1516 views)
Shortcut
Bard: No, I will not pay an extra toll. No one told *me* it was Wear Your Funny Hat Day. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Oct 13 2016, 6:48pm

Post #14 of 18 (1480 views)
Shortcut
And the winner is....(opens envelope)... DainPig and the Lost Heir of Girion! [In reply to] Can't Post

Strange things happen in Middle-earth, things involving thrushes and black arrows and barrels of fish and the number fourteen, so why not another Lord of Men in disguise? Wink Go forth and choose the next caption, Oh DainPig!

I must say you lot have a wealth of movie and music trivia at your fingertips. Thanks for all the chuckles as I made my way through film dialog and music references. Who says hanging out on a fan website isn't a worthwhile, educational way to spend the day? Evil I almost bought 14 little R2 units from some ferryman in red named Will sporting a long blond wig, but I wasn't as brave as you thought.Evil
Liss

DainPig
Gondor

Oct 13 2016, 7:44pm

Post #15 of 18 (1473 views)
Shortcut
Wasn't really expecting to win [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't know I was a comedian Laugh

"Se mais pessoas valorizassem o lar acima do ouro, o mundo seria muito mais feliz."

dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 13 2016, 8:47pm

Post #16 of 18 (1461 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Didn't know I was a comedian Laugh

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't know you were a comedian either. * rimshot *

But I kid!

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

DainPig
Gondor

Oct 13 2016, 8:49pm

Post #17 of 18 (1456 views)
Shortcut
It's a surprise for everyone [In reply to] Can't Post

Awkward.

dainpigblog.blogspot.com

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 13 2016, 8:52pm

Post #18 of 18 (1448 views)
Shortcut
That's okay! [In reply to] Can't Post

I may have just blown my chances for the next round! Wink

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.