The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
'Into The West' oil painting 12' x 36' on canvas

demanon
Rivendell

Sep 17 2016, 10:08pm

Post #1 of 10 (5301 views)
Shortcut
'Into The West' oil painting 12' x 36' on canvas Can't Post

Its been a while since I posted anything but, I never left. Hope you like this piece. Its done on 12"x36" canvas with oils.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 17 2016, 10:41pm

Post #2 of 10 (5278 views)
Shortcut
Very nice... [In reply to] Can't Post

What are your influences, if I may ask?

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

DainPig
Gondor

Sep 18 2016, 12:57am

Post #3 of 10 (5269 views)
Shortcut
The film, I guess [In reply to] Can't Post

"Se mais pessoas valorizassem o lar acima do ouro, o mundo seria muito mais feliz."

dainpigblog.blogspot.com

historiasderafaelrodriguesdarocha.blogspot.com

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 18 2016, 1:05am

Post #4 of 10 (5267 views)
Shortcut
Beyond that. [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, what are your influences artistically? What painters or other artists inspire you and influence your style?

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

demanon
Rivendell

Sep 18 2016, 1:27am

Post #5 of 10 (5264 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for the compliment! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the compliment. My admiration started with the Renaissance ( Michelangelo, Caravaggio, etc ) then the impressionists ( Degas, Monet ). Both eras for their use of highlights in a scene. More currently, with my focus still being highlighting a scene would be Kinkade and more recently Kevin Hill ( a young and talented artist that utilizes highlights in his paintings to make the scene come alive)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 18 2016, 2:02am

Post #6 of 10 (5261 views)
Shortcut
Parrish? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I detected a bit of Maxfield Parrish in your style.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 20 2016, 11:23pm

Post #7 of 10 (5194 views)
Shortcut
Lovely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great job!

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

demanon
Rivendell

Sep 21 2016, 9:27am

Post #8 of 10 (5178 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you like it.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 21 2016, 12:15pm

Post #9 of 10 (5168 views)
Shortcut
Your welcome. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Gianna
Rohan

Sep 30 2016, 3:37am

Post #10 of 10 (4927 views)
Shortcut
It's beautiful. [In reply to] Can't Post

The colours and lines are subtle and soft, perfect for this scene.

I've never been able to understand how artists accomplish such exquisite things with paints. Perhaps that's a good thing - adds to the effect.

"The men of the East may search the scrolls,
For sure fates and fame,
But the men that drink the blood of God
Go singing to their shame."

-G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse, Book I

------
My fantasy novels

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.