BlueMan
Rivendell

Apr 25 2008, 9:23am

Post #126 of 207 (25868 views)
Shortcut
Messenjah's Avatar [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey -
did you make that youself, Messenjah??
I have bought a couple of DVDs with martin Freeman in different roles and put them into my second DVD player while watching the prologue of FOTR in the other - to compare Martin Freeman's looks with Ian Holm in his young Bilbo make up ... but THIS is a so much better way of seeing whether he would work as Bilbo ... I think he would! Can you post that image full size, please?! It's cool like anything!

BTW I could imagine GDT will make a few very surprising steps in casting though ...

Raptos a diis homines dici ...

Nazguy
Bree

Apr 25 2008, 9:29am

Post #127 of 207 (24516 views)
Shortcut
:) [In reply to] Can't Post

I just woke up to the news that GDT is confirmed as director, and now I'm REALLY excited!!!

Thank you GDT for doing this. It means so much to so many people.

Messenjah
The Shire

Apr 25 2008, 9:43am

Post #128 of 207 (25013 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, here's the full pic... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah I made it to see how he'd look Hobbit-ized. Quite well I think.
He already had the hair down from The Office haha.

RangerGirl

Apr 25 2008, 9:47am

Post #129 of 207 (25024 views)
Shortcut
Thank you very much sir [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it is wonderful Mr Del Toro, that you came on here personally to tell us. You're a proper gentleman.

I wish you the best of luck.

BrianBlessedIsThorinOakenshield

Apr 25 2008, 10:42am

Post #130 of 207 (25127 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations Mr Del Toro [In reply to] Can't Post

You are one of the few directors I would trust with this project. Now may I just suggest that you cast Brian Blessed as Thorin Oakenshield and your frequent collaborator Ron Perlman as Beorn! Martin Freeman is a good suggestion for Bilbo although Ian Holm could still narrate as Old Bilbo? Just throwing these things out there. But please don't leave out Beorn, he's a legend!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 25 2008, 11:09am

Post #131 of 207 (24922 views)
Shortcut
Or GDT? ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 25 2008, 11:10am

Post #132 of 207 (24771 views)
Shortcut
*high five* // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2008, 11:59am

Post #133 of 207 (25122 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful news, Mr. Del Toro! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am beyond happy to hear this, and cannot wait to see what you, Mr. Jackson, and the rest of the team show us in the coming months. Bravo!!!

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2008, 12:03pm

Post #134 of 207 (25691 views)
Shortcut
Oh, and if you are still looking for a Bilbo.... [In reply to] Can't Post

The gentleman in the photo below (to the right) is Martin Freeman - I think he'd make a good choice. Wink

Malveth The Eternal
Lorien

Apr 25 2008, 12:08pm

Post #135 of 207 (24175 views)
Shortcut
Second Breakfast? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's gonna take at least four to properly celebrate this!

Wow. They chose the right person.
I am...stunned!

"Struck by lightning! Struck by lightning!"

Congrats, GDT, if yer reading this.
I am happy for you, jealous & looking forward to the wonderful escapism you have in store for us...

NottaSackville
Valinor

Apr 25 2008, 12:48pm

Post #136 of 207 (24885 views)
Shortcut
WOOHOO! Hope the breakfast was yummy and without flying apples! \\ [In reply to] Can't Post

Eowyn-Viktoria

Apr 25 2008, 1:02pm

Post #137 of 207 (25503 views)
Shortcut
A really good answer but many, many questions... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really extraordinary happy that the fighting is over and all came to a reasonable solution! Before i'd actually been on a point where i said that i did not want to see a Hobbit Film at all. But now I'm glad I will!
I'm also more than pleased that Ian will probably be involved.
But now there are thousands of questions in my little head which i can not wait to be answered!
The most important to me (and that might sound strange) is, who will make the music??? I'm so in love with Howard Shore's work that i would really wish he would get the same job for the Hobbit!
And what about dear Alan Lee and John Howe?? It would be so fab if they could do something on the project as well!
Anyway. I don't start about questions about the cast and so on but one last thing: What about Weta??
Oh, i'm soo soooo glad that there is a brighter future for Mr Bilbo!!!
Hannon Le,
Eowyn-Viktoria

jimdorey
The Shire

Apr 25 2008, 1:04pm

Post #138 of 207 (25294 views)
Shortcut
No problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I see your point of course - however the decision to go 3D has been already made without a doubt and will not be flip flopping. 3D adds a percentage cost over and above a regular 2D production and so therefore MUST be included in budgeting. GDT negotiated his fee for this undertaking (no doubt taking points as well as a base salary) and PJ has a total budget in mind, and so GDT would have to agree to those numbers that include 3D (we are pretty damn sure it is happening!).

Even more important is that the director would only sign on if he thinks he is capable of creating 3D magic. We know PJ can. And now it seems that, working with PJ, the two of them can!!

THAT is awesome. I just want confirmation on this - I know PJ will be holding it back a bit because they want to release morsels of information like a rock skipping in a pond until the release dates. So yes this decision has already been made. Absolutely. We just don't know the official outcome yet for, I think, marketing reasons.

REGARDLESS. You are right. Let's celebrate the moment and welcome Guillermo with open arms because he does have a rare and unique talent that when combined - like a true fellowship - with Peter's vision and storytelling, is going to sweep us up and throw us to the back of the theater. Not once, but TWICE! Love this franchise!

bidu

Apr 25 2008, 1:05pm

Post #139 of 207 (24421 views)
Shortcut
Re: In exchange for the Riddle [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations!

I hope you will create a work that, in a different medium, reverberates the works of J.R.R.Tolkien.

May you keep the hobbits fat!

sherlock
Gondor

Apr 25 2008, 1:17pm

Post #140 of 207 (25772 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to [In reply to] Can't Post

TORn and Tolkien fandom! Thank you! I'm excited! Can't wait to hear more news! and every other thing everyone else has already said more coherantly than I.

This is going to be great!

Lossefalme
Gondor

Apr 25 2008, 2:39pm

Post #141 of 207 (25910 views)
Shortcut
I'm over the moon! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo's moon, that is, with the cow, the cat, the dog, the dish and the spoon! This is sooooo exciting! I'm home all by myself and have no one to share the news with, so I'll just do my own private happy-dance. This is going to be quite a ride and I'm already buckled in. I hope you enjoy it as much as we will! Ack! This is crazy fun!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Join us every Thursday in the Movie Discussion Forum for GOLD Nuggets, an exploration of the Geeky Observation Lists maintained by our very own grammaboodawg.

Lossefalme
Gondor

Apr 25 2008, 2:42pm

Post #142 of 207 (25604 views)
Shortcut
Isn't this fabulous!?!?!?!?! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am beyond excited. I wasn't in on all of this for LotR, (just missed it), so I can hardly stand myself. Now I have met some of you guys, too, which makes it all the more exciting because I know who I am sharing this with. Can't wait to see you again, GD.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Join us every Thursday in the Movie Discussion Forum for GOLD Nuggets, an exploration of the Geeky Observation Lists maintained by our very own grammaboodawg.

Menelwyn
Rohan

Apr 25 2008, 2:45pm

Post #143 of 207 (24776 views)
Shortcut
We're so happy to have you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm coming in a bit later than the others, but I want to add my words of welcome! I'm so glad to hear that things are officially in the works at last, and I can't wait to see what you do with the story. We all have exciting days ahead.

Mae govannen, and best of wishes.

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 25 2008, 2:51pm

Post #144 of 207 (26744 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're going to get lots of advice here.

Hopefully you'll ignore most of it.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

tannhauser

Apr 25 2008, 3:16pm

Post #145 of 207 (25707 views)
Shortcut
Felicidades Guillermo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Man, great news!

I know I am a little late to the party, however I wanted to join in the fun and congratulate you, and thank you for this.

Looking forward to the next four years of adventure!

F

FrodoBagginsLives

Apr 25 2008, 3:34pm

Post #146 of 207 (25489 views)
Shortcut
FINALLY BACK AGAIN!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I will take the ring to Mordor....though I don't know the way.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2008, 4:06pm

Post #147 of 207 (26619 views)
Shortcut
I join in the chorus -- Thank you, sir! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations, and thank you for accepting and for letting us know personally! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

SirGandalf
The Shire

Apr 25 2008, 4:10pm

Post #148 of 207 (26570 views)
Shortcut
This is MAGICAL!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems the light of the Vala has shone upon us. I think we all agree that the upcoming films could not possibly bode better!! A wonderful, dedicated and extremely talented director you are, dearly beloved Mr. Del Toro, and we are most honoured to have you in our midst! Laugh

And with the return of Jackon&Welsh&Boyens, Sir Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, Howard Shore and Richard Taylor, the set-up seems to be perfect!

I say: LET'S ROLL!!! Wink

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2008, 4:25pm

Post #149 of 207 (26401 views)
Shortcut
Thank you very much! [In reply to] Can't Post

You have made my weekend! I am confident that you and your team will do a fantastic job in bringing The Hobbit to life, I for one can't wait for the results! But in the meantime I'll follow your progress and wish you the very best of luck! And once again, thank you!!

*Jazminatar the Brown*

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Apr 25 2008, 4:25pm

Post #150 of 207 (25131 views)
Shortcut
Finalmente...la cuenta regresiva comienza! Gracias maestro Del TOro ! ...from Tamaulipas- México [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations Guillermo, It`s facinating how big this is. millions of people will be impatient and inquisitive (me included) for the next four years for just maybe five or six hours of a beautiful story, this "beautiful overture" as you wonderfully call it. We all know it will worth the wait because we already know how a movie results when you do it directly from the heart, and surely this is another example of it.

saludos desde Tamaulipas, México
y enviándole a usted y a su equipo todas las bendiciones del mundo para que todo salga bien en este nuevo proyecto
gracias!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.