Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Would you rather have Luke Skywalker or Han Solo die in Episode 7?
Poll: Would you rather have Luke Skywalker or Han Solo die in Episode 7?
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
View Results (25 votes)

HOBBITFAN13
Lorien

Sep 27 2016, 11:39pm

Post #1 of 13 (1853 views)
Shortcut
Would you rather have Luke Skywalker or Han Solo die in Episode 7? Can't Post

SPOILER!!!!! WARNING IF YOU HAVENT SEEN STAR WARS:THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!

Since Han Solo died in The Force Awakens, as emotional as it was, would've you rather had Luke Skywalker die in the film instead of Han Solo? Or just keep it the way it is?

DainPig
Gondor

Sep 27 2016, 11:53pm

Post #2 of 13 (1822 views)
Shortcut
Han Solo, because [In reply to] Can't Post

Harrison Ford was tired.

Meneldor
Valinor

Sep 28 2016, 12:11am

Post #3 of 13 (1818 views)
Shortcut
Han's death is permanent, I expect, and that makes it powerful. [In reply to] Can't Post

When Luke dies, I'll just be kind of shrugging and thinking, "So, how long until his Force ghost shows up to offer some Jedi guru advice?" Death doesn't stop Jedi from making movies; Obi-wan was in two films after he died, so Luke's death won't be the end of his character in SW.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Sep 28 2016, 12:15am

Post #4 of 13 (1814 views)
Shortcut
seems like [In reply to] Can't Post

Luke is more necessary for advancement of plot. He is now the Obi Wan Kenobi, teaching the next generation.

In my head he is still the young blond thing... eeek, I feel old.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 28 2016, 12:29pm

Post #5 of 13 (1784 views)
Shortcut
Han. [In reply to] Can't Post

Loved his character, but his death made a more serious mark seeing that his own son had killed him.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Sep 28 2016, 1:41pm

Post #6 of 13 (1779 views)
Shortcut
Death is just nature’s way of telling you to slow down… // [In reply to] Can't Post

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Sep 28 2016, 6:15pm

Post #7 of 13 (1766 views)
Shortcut
It didn't matter to me, but I had the feeling that someone would bite the dust. [In reply to] Can't Post

Omnigeek
Lorien

Sep 29 2016, 2:37am

Post #8 of 13 (1751 views)
Shortcut
Kind of late to give a spoiler alert in the post when the spoiler is in the title [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably should just have titled it, "who would you rather have die in Episode 7?"

In any event, I wouldn't have minded either one dying but I disliked the stupidity and pointlessness of Han's death. It struck me as J.J. Abrams just doing it for shock value or to show how much he could screw around with the Star Wars universe. At this point, I can't stand Abrams' work.

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 29 2016, 1:41pm

Post #9 of 13 (1728 views)
Shortcut
Han Solo [In reply to] Can't Post

Solo's character really has gone as far as it can go (and in Episode 7 had actually regressed) and besides Ford's heart obviously isn't in it.

On the other hand there's still a lot of places Luke's character can go, and it's really nice to see Hamill back on the big screen.

Gianna
Rohan

Sep 30 2016, 3:30am

Post #10 of 13 (1674 views)
Shortcut
Luke [In reply to] Can't Post

I like Han. Luke's annoying.

I'm slightly hyper tonight so... yeah. That's my extremely candid answer. Laugh

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 30 2016, 3:49am

Post #11 of 13 (1664 views)
Shortcut
It's just a flesh wound...// [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 30 2016, 12:49pm

Post #12 of 13 (1639 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, Han! [In reply to] Can't Post

Luke wasn't in Episode VII long enough to advance the plot, so he needed to survive the film.

malickfan
Gondor

Oct 5 2016, 2:22pm

Post #13 of 13 (1540 views)
Shortcut
I never found Han a very interesting character personally... [In reply to] Can't Post

...he just came across as a generic sarcastic rogue, whilst there's a good argument to be made that Han should have died back in ROTJ, I'm glad they brought him back for TFA, it was the first time I actually cared about him as a character, by making him a broken old failure who falls victim to his own mistakes with his son it really humanized Han for me and made him less of a wisecracking cypher more an admirable, but flawed actual person. Personally I thought it was one of Ford's stronger performances for years, though I'm a little sad that we'll (probably) never see the OT trio interact on screen again (unless there are flashbacks...)

As for Mark Hamill, Luke was always my favourite character from the OT, and I'm still quite annoyed we have to wait until Xmas next year to see him (and Hamill) back in action again properly, though his cameo in TFA was pretty damn cool, Hamill has certainly improved as an actor since ROTJ and I'm hopeful that Episode 8 takes the saga in more surprising directions...

(This post was edited by malickfan on Oct 5 2016, 2:24pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.