Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Favorite Film in the Dark Knight Trilogy
Poll: Favorite Film in the Dark Knight Trilogy
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
I don't know! I love them all!
I don't like them.
I haven't seen them.
View Results (24 votes)

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 25 2016, 6:06pm

Post #1 of 8 (602 views)
Shortcut
Favorite Film in the Dark Knight Trilogy Can't Post

What do you think of Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 25 2016, 7:24pm

Post #2 of 8 (579 views)
Shortcut
The Dark Knight [In reply to] Can't Post

Out of the three, I like The Dark Knight the most and The Dark Knight Rises the least. I also very much like Dennis O'Neil's novelization of Batman Begins that incorporates background material on Ra's al Ghul, much of it culled from Denny's comics work. It's a shame that the Lazarus Pit was never quite worked into the films.

Honorable mention goes to the animated anthology film Batman: Gotham Knight which is loosely tied to the Nolan films.

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Sep 25 2016, 7:28pm)

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 25 2016, 7:30pm

Post #3 of 8 (566 views)
Shortcut
I thought all three were really good, [In reply to] Can't Post

and this previous Summer was the first time I have ever watched them. I have not read the novelization of Batman Begins, but I would probably would like it as Batman Begins was my favorite out of the trilogy. Ra's al Ghul and the Scarecrow were intriguing villains.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 25 2016, 7:47pm

Post #4 of 8 (562 views)
Shortcut
Ra's al Ghul [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
and this previous Summer was the first time I have ever watched them. I have not read the novelization of Batman Begins, but I would probably would like it as Batman Begins was my favorite out of the trilogy. Ra's al Ghul and the Scarecrow were intriguing villains.

For the Batman Begins novelization Denny used a lot of the background that he developed for his graphic novel Batman: Birth of the Demon, included entries from the Journal of Ra's al Ghul and even worked in a reference to Talia. He also had Bruce engage in a bit more detective work than in the movie.

Dennis O'Neil, with artist Neal Adams, created the character of Ra's al Ghul in the 1970s.

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Sep 25 2016, 7:52pm)

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 25 2016, 9:03pm

Post #5 of 8 (547 views)
Shortcut
I didn't know that! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like it in novelizations when they extend and put more to the story than was in the movie. It has been done also for the novelizations of Attack of the Clones and X2.

Omnigeek
Lorien

Sep 26 2016, 2:20am

Post #6 of 8 (526 views)
Shortcut
Batman Begins [In reply to] Can't Post

I liked how "Batman Begins" honored the past history of Batman lore while creating its own mythos. I didn't much care for Heath Ledger's Joker but I didn't like how dark Joker was made in "The KIlling Joke" either. I also didn't like the machine guns on the Bat-cycle; they seemed very much against the character of Batman (the one I grew up with -- the original comics had no problems with him using guns).

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 26 2016, 2:44pm

Post #7 of 8 (516 views)
Shortcut
Ledger's Joker was creepy. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I think Nolan had gotten his point across with a dark villain who only wanted to wreak chaos on Gotham for his own pleasure. I myself liked Jack Nicholson's Joker better, but Ledger's fit for the Dark Knight Trilogy. But I also preferred the other Dark Knight villains to the Joker because of how dark he and his scenes were.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Sep 26 2016, 3:05pm

Post #8 of 8 (512 views)
Shortcut
indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.