The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Thorin Oakenshield vs. Guy of Gisborne

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 23 2016, 3:50pm

Post #1 of 5 (2925 views)
Shortcut
Thorin Oakenshield vs. Guy of Gisborne Can't Post

Which role of Richard's would win? Thorin Oakenshield, or Sir Guy of Gisborne from BBC's Robin Hood?

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 23 2016, 7:38pm

Post #2 of 5 (2906 views)
Shortcut
"I'll bite your legs off!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Height and reach notwithstanding, I think I'd have to give this to Thorin.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Sep 23 2016, 10:39pm

Post #3 of 5 (2893 views)
Shortcut
Thorin’s axe swung and swooped back, and Sir Guy fell legless. // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 23 2016, 11:03pm

Post #4 of 5 (2890 views)
Shortcut
Certainly seems His Majesty has no mercy on poor Guy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 26 2016, 4:23pm

Post #5 of 5 (2872 views)
Shortcut
So he didn't have a leg to stand on? // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.