Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Revenge of the Sith vs Return of the Jedi
Poll: Revenge of the Sith vs Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
View Results (29 votes)

HOBBITFAN13
Lorien

Sep 17 2016, 6:28pm

Post #1 of 16 (1061 views)
Shortcut
Revenge of the Sith vs Return of the Jedi Can't Post

What is the better movie?

DainPig
Gondor

Sep 17 2016, 8:32pm

Post #2 of 16 (1022 views)
Shortcut
Episode VI is my second favorite Star Wars film [In reply to] Can't Post

Sith is not bad, though. My vote is for Return of the Jedi.

Meneldor
Valinor

Sep 17 2016, 10:48pm

Post #3 of 16 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Jedi, by a long shot. [In reply to] Can't Post

RotJ has characters I like and relate to; Sith doesn't. Also, Jedi ends on an amazing note about the power of friendship, family, love, and redemption while Sith is all about failure, evil, and darkness. No contest, IMO.

TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense
Rohan

Sep 17 2016, 11:31pm

Post #4 of 16 (1004 views)
Shortcut
Has anyone seen Plinkett's deconstruction of "Revenge of the Sith?" [In reply to] Can't Post

"The first thing we knew was the title, which of course, you thought the obvious thing, right? That if you simply rearrange the letters in the word SITH, you'd spell out a different word that just might predict what this movie was gonna be:

"TSHI, which is Chinese for 'disappointed in the cooking of the duck meat.' "

I voted Jedi, of course.

(This post was edited by TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense on Sep 17 2016, 11:32pm)

Ryan Kurt
The Shire

Sep 18 2016, 12:38am

Post #5 of 16 (996 views)
Shortcut
I chose 'Revenge of the Sith' [In reply to] Can't Post

I love Ian McDiarmid's performance in this film, and as I grew up with both of the trilogies at the same time, I have trouble placing one above the other.

Nuradar
Rohan

Sep 20 2016, 6:32pm

Post #6 of 16 (923 views)
Shortcut
Revenge of the Sith [In reply to] Can't Post

I know I'm in the minority opinion here, but Episode III (Revenge of the Sith) is actually my favorite of all six SW films.

In fact, Episode VI (Return of the Jedi) is my LEAST favorite. I find it extremely boring and slow. The opening sequence of Han's rescue is slow. There are many great lines in there, however, I will definitely admit that. But the whole plot line of Luke trying to "rescue" his father is drawn out way too long, and I find every scene with the Ewoks way more annoying than any scene with Jar Jar Binks (as annoying as he is, also).

Revenge of the Sith is, in my opinion, a far better movie. Right from the opening scene, the action and fighting sequences are far more elaborate and complicated. We get to see the fall of Anakin Skywalker, and witness the true nature of Palpatine. It explains so much, like what happened to the most of the Jedi, why Yoda lives in a swampy planet all by himself, how Luke and Leia ended up with different parents and different planets, why/how the clone troopers turn into what we later call storm troopers, etc. It's a much richer story, and the action is far superior to that in Return of the Jedi.

Nuradar.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 20 2016, 11:16pm

Post #7 of 16 (906 views)
Shortcut
Gotta say, Revenge of the Sith [In reply to] Can't Post

Return of the Jedi was really good, but I can't stand the Jabba the Hutt scenes. Just was too much for me.

I liked the Revenge of the Sith because of all the battles in it! Plus, General Grievous was a creepy villain who was a good rival for Obi-Wan to face.
Also liked the duel between Palpatine and Yoda.

Nuradar
Rohan

Sep 21 2016, 11:47am

Post #8 of 16 (890 views)
Shortcut
I agree with all your reasons. [In reply to] Can't Post

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 21 2016, 12:13pm

Post #9 of 16 (886 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 21 2016, 1:13pm

Post #10 of 16 (882 views)
Shortcut
Just out of those two? Jedi. [In reply to] Can't Post

All three of the prequels remain at the bottom of my list of Star Wars films, outranking only the Ewok t.v. movies and the Holiday Special. If we added television series to the mix then the prequels would get a boost from Droids.

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Sep 21 2016, 1:14pm)

Rohan

Sep 22 2016, 12:44am

Post #11 of 16 (857 views)
Shortcut
The right answer, folks! ^ [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 22 2016, 2:57am

Post #12 of 16 (844 views)
Shortcut
I don't know about the right answer... [In reply to] Can't Post

...it's just my own opinion, though you're welcome to share it!

Rohan

Sep 22 2016, 3:17am

Post #13 of 16 (840 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I know - I'm just messin' around [In reply to] Can't Post

... but yes, I do really believe that is the correct answer. Tongue

Kilidoescartwheels
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2016, 10:00pm

Post #14 of 16 (789 views)
Shortcut
Kind of like the election [In reply to] Can't Post

Two equally bad choices. Biggest problem with "Jedi" is Slave-girl Leia, I mean, c'mon! And people complain about what happened to Tauriel, sheesh! At least she got to keep her pants on while getting her butt kicked! But "Sith" unfortunately had one of the lamest actors in Hollywood playing Anakin (at least Ewen McGregor was good, but he made whats-his-name look even worse by comparisonCrazy). I think I'll just stick with Episode IV and be done with it.Sly

Beorn's Bees
Lorien

Sep 25 2016, 8:06pm

Post #15 of 16 (737 views)
Shortcut
Return of the Jedi, no contest [In reply to] Can't Post

Revenge of the Sith is just as bad as the other two prequels, IMO.

KingTurgon
Rohan

Jul 21 2017, 6:33pm

Post #16 of 16 (167 views)
Shortcut
Same [In reply to] Can't Post

It's my favorite too!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.