Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Best MCU Villain (films only, I haven't seen all the tv shows)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Best MCU Villain (films only, I haven't seen all the tv shows)
Obidiah Stane/Iron Monger
"Thunderbolt Ross"
Emil Blonsky/Abomination
Ivan Vanko/Whiplash
Loki
Johann Schmidt/Red Skull
Aldrich Killian
Malekith
Alexander Pierce
The Winter Soldier
Ronan the Accuser
Thanos
Ultron
Darren Cross/Yellow Jacket
Helmut Zemo
View Results (25 votes)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Sep 16 2016, 4:27pm

Post #26 of 27 (335 views)
Shortcut
How did Thanos know [In reply to] Can't Post

Well having re-watched the first "Avengers" movie, I think I can offer an answer. Iron Man was already well-known, and so was the Hulk. Last time Bruce Banner was in New York he broke Harlem. Also, Thor was known after the incident in New Mexico, and the Avengers Initiative had been discussed within SHIELD, which as we know was infiltrated by Hydra. Hydra originally recovered the Tesseract, which acted as a doorway to Thanos' realm - so perhaps Thanos was listening through it? SHIELD was conducting experiments on it, and Hawkeye said something about it being a doorway at the beginning of the movie. So, perhaps like Zemo, Thanos was listening, studying, and cultivating someone to do his dirty work.

There's another thing to consider - something that Vision said in "Civil War." I don't remember his exact words, but he pointed out that since Iron Man announced himself the number of "enhanced" people had increased; and that after Thor came to Earth the number of off-world threats became apparent. In other words, could it be cause and effect? But yeah, the thing that makes "Civil War" such an outstanding movie is that the plot asks questions like that - it's not JUST a slugfest, and the "enemy" is more vague, the threat is harder to define. It's more thought-provoking, and yeah especially since the REAL enemy is just a relatively ordinary guy. The world is full of ordinary people who are angry (like Alfre Woodard in a TERRIFIC performance), and these ordinary people are capable of doing some horrific things, a scenario that is unfortunately all too real. Btw, here's a terrific deleted scene that features Martin Freeman - really think they should have used it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5MJoHgKnE0

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2016, 2:22am

Post #27 of 27 (313 views)
Shortcut
Loki [In reply to] Can't Post

is not only complex, but his history as a classic trickster figure, and the weight of millennia of myth behind him make him incredibly interesting.

Also Tom Hiddleston is fabulous.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.