The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Just bought LoTR for the THIRD time!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Sep 8 2016, 2:27pm

Post #1 of 2 (583 views)
Shortcut
Just bought LoTR for the THIRD time! Can't Post

The book, that is - well, I guess technically I didn't buy it the second time, that was a gift. It's the one-volume version with appendices. I also have a 4-book box set of the Hobbit/LoTR, but it's so old the cover fell off of the Fellowship, and I'm afraid to touch it. And of course the big one-volume book is, well, BIG, so after much debating I bought the one-volume book on my Kindle. I said I was going to re-read it this year, I've gotten about as far as Tom Bombadil, LOL! At least I'll have some reading material on the plane ride to NZ in 23 DAYS!!!! OMG, SO EXCITED!!!

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

noWizardme
Half-elven

Sep 8 2016, 4:34pm

Post #2 of 2 (572 views)
Shortcut
Enjoy your new copy, and have a nice trip! [In reply to] Can't Post

Apart from portability, I find the eReader version is sometimes very useful for searching, if you are a strange kind of person like me who finds themselves wondering how often the text uses such-and-such a word.

The maps don't work too well though- on my kindle at least.

~~~~~~

Volunteers are still needed to lead chapters for our read-thorough of Book VI ROTK (and the appendices if there are sufficient volunteers)
http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=909709#909709

A wonderful list of links to Book I - Book V chapters in this read-through (and to previous read-throughs) is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.