In exchange for the Riddle-
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2008, 2:22am

Post #76 of 207 (26185 views)
Shortcut
:) :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Now there's a nick that brings back great memories of your reports from the LOTR set. Fancy another trip downunder before too long?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2008, 2:24am

Post #77 of 207 (25552 views)
Shortcut
Is it just me, [In reply to] Can't Post

or does Action Figure PJ look a lot like a Thunderbird puppet?

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2008, 2:25am

Post #78 of 207 (25440 views)
Shortcut
GMTA!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Where's Frodo?

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2008, 2:25am

Post #79 of 207 (25582 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations Guillermo, and thank you for taking these movies on! [In reply to] Can't Post

And a very big thank you for joining the discussion boards to tell us in person - you're a legend! :)

Ataahua's stories

Sunflower
Valinor

Apr 25 2008, 2:26am

Post #80 of 207 (25513 views)
Shortcut
On a side note.... [In reply to] Can't Post

It should be observed that since Mr. Del Toro will be spending the next 4 yrs of his life in NZ, he should have an interesting accent after a while:)

LadyMerenwen298

Apr 25 2008, 2:27am

Post #81 of 207 (24489 views)
Shortcut
Hi [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations!!! Smile

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." -Galadriel

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2008, 2:28am

Post #82 of 207 (25639 views)
Shortcut
Hiya, Quickbeam! [In reply to] Can't Post

You've been missed - glad to see you around again.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

jimdorey
The Shire

Apr 25 2008, 2:30am

Post #83 of 207 (27255 views)
Shortcut
WILL THEY BE IN 3D?!?!! Thats is the question NOW! [In reply to] Can't Post

C'mon - another riddle for us - will The Hobbit(es) be in 3D?

-jim
MarketSaw

(This post was edited by Altaira on Aug 31 2009, 12:26am)

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 25 2008, 2:36am

Post #84 of 207 (26991 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure you'll get your answer [In reply to] Can't Post

in about 3 years! Laugh Seriously, the ink isn't even dry on the first of many agreements, and GDT has other projects he hasn't even finished yet.

Let's just be happy to congratulate him and ourselves for now.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Steelsheen
The Shire

Apr 25 2008, 2:36am

Post #85 of 207 (25441 views)
Shortcut
Mae Govannen Guillermo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mae Govannen Guillermo! and thank you so much for doing the honors of helming our beloved Hobbit movie Smile

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Apr 25 2008, 2:37am

Post #86 of 207 (25490 views)
Shortcut
3D [In reply to] Can't Post

Would this be the producer and studio's choice?

Kangi Ska

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 25 2008, 2:38am

Post #87 of 207 (24414 views)
Shortcut
Hooray! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for making sure we got the word right from you.

And keep the riddles coming!

Weaver

Miss_Pippin

Apr 25 2008, 2:39am

Post #88 of 207 (24489 views)
Shortcut
In exchange for the Riddle [In reply to] Can't Post

Yaay!
Im so happy!

~Miss_Pippin~

jimdorey
The Shire

Apr 25 2008, 2:41am

Post #89 of 207 (26591 views)
Shortcut
Its a valid question - No need to snuff it out like that. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sheesh. Hi there.

jimdorey
The Shire

Apr 25 2008, 2:43am

Post #90 of 207 (26985 views)
Shortcut
3D - As WETA Held a 3D related meeting already without GDT - YES, PJ + Studio [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ + Studio decision for 3D. Director would have to be willing to sign on the line for it however.

ShadoFaxs
Rivendell

Apr 25 2008, 2:50am

Post #91 of 207 (26458 views)
Shortcut
OH HAPPY FRABJOUS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool Dear Guillermo,

WOOHOO!!! HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

You are a prince among directors, a wizzard of cinematic art, a fan's dream come true.

As a huge admirer of your films (ever since Cronos), I was thrilled when your name was first floated as director.

Back in 2007, when PJ made the announcement that he would be The Hobbit's executive producer, I had fantasized that you or fellow amigo Alphonso Cuaron might be at the helm. But I figured that's all it was, a dream. With the acclaim for Pan, plus knowing you had the new Hellboy coming out, not to mention the fact that you were being courted for HP, I wondered if you'd even be interested in such a long term committment. Moreover, given the debacle of The Golden Compass, I didn't think I could stand to see first rate fantasy material in the hands of a second rate director any time soon again. So many disappointments when big studios are involved, yet I allowed myself to hope.

When it appreared you were interested, I could hardly contain my joy. Two of my favorite filmmakers, working together, to bring a cherished book to the screen. Doubters be damned! Indeed I spent more than a few minutes in this forum encouraging everyone who hadn't already done so to go out immediately and rent The Devil's Backbone and Pan. Your fans here, as you likely already know, did quite a bit of serious hand holding at TORN!

I know from past experience that no director is more respectful of or generous to the fan community than yourself. I'm sure you already know that you won't find a more opinionated, enthusiastic, or dedicated group than Tolkien fans. I know that you will weather this project with grace and charm, and I have every confidence that your films will be extraordinary. I can't wait to see the unique personal vision you'll bring to The Hobbit movies. I am content at last.

How well I remember the anticipation and tension as we waited for casting and production news from PJ's LOTR - has it really been almost ten years? Such sweet agony it was. Now we get to take the journey AGAIN - this is even better than a month of second breakfasts!

This middle aged lady is doing a happy dance, wishing you well on your journey, knowing that something truly special awaits at the end.

HAPPY DAY HAPPY DAY HAPPY DAY HAPPY DAY HAPPY DAY HAPPY DAY

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Apr 25 2008, 2:53am

Post #92 of 207 (25173 views)
Shortcut
3D [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
PJ + Studio decision for 3D. Director would have to be willing to sign on the line for it however.

Kangi Ska

(This post was edited by Kangi Ska on Apr 25 2008, 3:02am)

Hellmistress
Lorien

Apr 25 2008, 2:55am

Post #93 of 207 (25156 views)
Shortcut
Yup - I'm officially wetting myself ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, G, I had a feeling in me waters this is where you'd be for the next few years, and I couldn't be happier!!!! YAY!!!!! May that second breakfast contain ALGAE!!!!!

Hugs to you, sir, and I CAN'T WAIT to see what you have planned. This is gonna be quite a ride ...

HM

The Doug Jones Experience

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 25 2008, 3:07am

Post #94 of 207 (25531 views)
Shortcut
A valid question, yes [In reply to] Can't Post

And I didn't mean to 'snuff' it. My point was, there are very VERY few questions about The Hobbit that are valid today. Pre-production won't even start for months. Today, this is a thread for celebration. Let's just let the man and the community celebrate before we start pelting him with questions he, or anyone else won't be able to answer for some time to come. Chances are the answer is going to change at least 10 times in the next few years anyway. Laugh

I do welcome you to the community, jimdorey! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Apr 25 2008, 3:08am)

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 25 2008, 3:20am

Post #95 of 207 (25044 views)
Shortcut
And today's the 24th, so there's our two dozen princes after all!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Elven
Valinor

Apr 25 2008, 3:35am

Post #96 of 207 (25575 views)
Shortcut
Yes!!! Its Happening!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Guillermo - THANKYOU!! Heart
Peter - THANKYOU!! Heart
Fran - THANKYOU!! Heart

This is going to be a day to remember!!
... and it WAS Friday!! Yeah! I got it!!
Its Friday the 25th in Australia!!

I am over the MOON!! Laugh

Im am SO looking forward to the next half a decade!!
This is what we ahve been waiting for - and its arrived!!

Time to Celebrate!
Yay!!!!!!!!

I think I'm quite ready for another adventure!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 25 2008, 3:35am

Post #97 of 207 (25714 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

What fun to have you joining the community! Did you know that makes you a "TORnsib" (as in "sibling")? We're quite a family ;-) Congratulations, and thank you so much for posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Apr 25 2008, 3:38am

Post #98 of 207 (26238 views)
Shortcut
Oh, thank you so much! [In reply to] Can't Post

And thank you for taking the time to post on our little message board. It means a lot to many people.

Congratulations!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

Elven
Valinor

Apr 25 2008, 3:39am

Post #99 of 207 (25311 views)
Shortcut
Its Friday the 25th here Grams!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Its even more perfect!!!

Today is Anzac in Australia and NZ!

Its already Friday the 25th of April!!

It will be a date to remember!!

WOOHHOOO!!!

I think I'm quite ready for another adventure!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!

a.s.
Valinor

Apr 25 2008, 3:46am

Post #100 of 207 (25506 views)
Shortcut
Well, that's an eyeopener, and no mistake! [In reply to] Can't Post

As someone or other said.

Cool

I'm so glad you "stopped by" to let us know, it's much appreciated as you can see!

a.s.

"an seileachan"

"Good night, little girls, thank the Lord you are well!
Now go to sleep" said Miss Clavel.
And she turned out the light and shut the door,
And that's all there is. There isn't any more.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.