The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Dominic Monaghan UNBOXES the Middle Earth Collection

Arthael
Lorien

Aug 22 2016, 6:14pm

Post #1 of 7 (1024 views)
Shortcut
Dominic Monaghan UNBOXES the Middle Earth Collection Can't Post

Cute video. The Red Book looks fantastic!! Full of drawings and cool designs. The "book-cases" are cool, illustrated with stills from the films, but they're not as beautiful IMO as the inside of the Extended Edition releases, with Alan Lee's beautiful sketchwork. Still, good to see what everything looks like, especially since I won't be buying the set myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imhbIrNuytk

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

(This post was edited by Arthael on Aug 22 2016, 6:17pm)

Nuradar
Rohan

Aug 22 2016, 6:48pm

Post #2 of 7 (993 views)
Shortcut
It's a nice glimpse into the Ultimate Collector's Edition [In reply to] Can't Post

The Red Book looks incredible, I must admit.

I still doubt that it would sway people's reaction to the price, however. I noticed that Dominic did not mention the price in this video - I wonder if he knew about it....

Final note: Is it just me, or did Dominic's voice sound unusually harsh and coarse?

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 22 2016, 7:47pm

Post #3 of 7 (982 views)
Shortcut
*Sniff* [In reply to] Can't Post

The Red Book looks incredible, I must admit.

I still doubt that it would sway people's reaction to the price, however. I noticed that Dominic did not mention the price in this video - I wonder if he knew about it....

Final note: Is it just me, or did Dominic's voice sound unusually harsh and coarse?

Nice peek - but sorry to be a pill, but that's faux "leather"Unimpressed - ANYWAY - why do I need photographs when I have all the Chronicles books and companion books and the movies and various memorabilia - coins and keys...nope, priced too high - and that's from someone who loves collectible "stuff" and has two of the Erebor key paper weights and duplicates of the films...

Lousy about the Red Book, as marketers have to know a lot of fans would love that - but do you love it for $800?ShockedShockedShocked

And Dominic's voice did sound a bit gritty.

wizzardly
Rohan

Aug 22 2016, 10:41pm

Post #4 of 7 (956 views)
Shortcut
Thank goodness it's faux leather... [In reply to] Can't Post

At least no animals had to be killed as a result of their greed. It's unfortunate that trees needed to die in order to make the shelf and packaging though...Frown

wizzardly
Rohan

Aug 22 2016, 10:52pm

Post #5 of 7 (956 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like Merry's been hitting the Longbottom Leaf pretty hard since last we saw him. [In reply to] Can't Post

Nuradar
Rohan

Aug 23 2016, 11:44am

Post #6 of 7 (903 views)
Shortcut
That may explain the state of his voice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha, that's funny.

I do hope he's okay, though. Hopefully, it's just a the tail-end of a cold or something.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Aug 24 2016, 6:38pm

Post #7 of 7 (789 views)
Shortcut
re: Dom's voice [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw him hosting a travel/adventure show a few months ago and he definitely sounded hoarse. Shocked

You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning 'round

~Do You Realize?, The Flaming Lips

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.