DC
View Results (23 votes)

HOBBITFAN13
Lorien

Aug 16 2016, 10:26pm

Post #1 of 11 (1085 views)
Shortcut
Marvel vs DC? Can't Post

Are you a Marvel fan or a DC comics fan?

Meneldor
Valinor

Aug 16 2016, 10:58pm

Post #2 of 11 (1060 views)
Shortcut
I don't read the comics, [In reply to] Can't Post

but I really enjoy the Marvel films. DC, well, they're OK, sometimes. I'm hoping Wonder Woman will be as good as the trailer looks.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 16 2016, 11:45pm

Post #3 of 11 (1054 views)
Shortcut
Dark Horse [In reply to] Can't Post

Both DC and Marvel have good books and poor books. I've always liked DC's characters, but Marvel in the 1960s and early '70s was more exciting. Both publishers have irritated me with endless, mindless 'events' but in recent years Marvel has generally had stronger titles. However, things are looking up these days at DC with its Rebirth.

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Aug 16 2016, 11:47pm)

Annael
Immortal

Aug 17 2016, 4:29pm

Post #4 of 11 (1037 views)
Shortcut
what he said. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not a comics reader although I've ventured into graphic novels here and there. Love the Marvel films. Haven't seen most of the DC ones.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Aug 17 2016, 9:57pm

Post #5 of 11 (1014 views)
Shortcut
Haven't read either comics, [In reply to] Can't Post

but I love both of the different movies that came from them. As much as I liked the original Batman and the Dark Knight Trilogy, I love the Marvel movies, especially the X-men series.

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Aug 19 2016, 1:53am

Post #6 of 11 (995 views)
Shortcut
I'm more familiar with Marvel, but they have more successful movies than DC. [In reply to] Can't Post

Omnigeek
Lorien

Aug 20 2016, 2:01am

Post #7 of 11 (973 views)
Shortcut
Make mine DC! [In reply to] Can't Post

Although to be fair, I'm not much of a fan of the route either company has taken in the past decade. I loved the Silver Age and Golden Age DC universe and its characters more than Marvel. From the Golden Age Flash and Green Lantern to Radio Wave and Jonny Thunder to the Legion of Super-Heroes and Justice Society/Justice League, I just found DC more exhilarating and interesting.

Marvel was always darker, more attuned to what was happening in the world outside comics but I found the ever darkening "X" world just too dank and depressing. "Civil War" was the worst IMO and the reason I didn't bother with the last movie. DC offered a more hopeful vision of the future and of heroics -- at least, they did until garbage like "Identity Crisis" and "Infinite Crisis" and "Darkest Night" and all the other crossover "events" of the past decade.

Nowadays, I divert my attention to indies and manga. Since Dan Didio moved DC's headquarters out to California, I think it quite fitting to root for Lex Luthor whenever I rewatch "Superman the Movie" (which, as it happens, I am doing right now).

TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense
Rohan

Aug 20 2016, 7:35am

Post #8 of 11 (958 views)
Shortcut
I've never been much of a comic book reader [In reply to] Can't Post

So I can only speak for the films and I choose Marvel by a neighborhood-obliterating landslide. Marvel properties occupy the top seven spots on my list of the best superhero films ever made so it's really not even an internal debate.

(This post was edited by TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense on Aug 20 2016, 7:36am)

Rohan

Aug 20 2016, 7:36am

Post #9 of 11 (956 views)
Shortcut
I like reading graphic novels, though [In reply to] Can't Post

Akira and Saga of the Swamp Thing for the win!

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Sep 21 2016, 2:26am

Post #10 of 11 (720 views)
Shortcut
the theory I've heard is [In reply to] Can't Post

Marvel knows how to make great films that tie together neatly, and DC knows how to do TV shows.

I happen to like Agents of SHIELD (Marvel TV).

I am not well versed in actual comic books though I have read a bunch of early X-Men and Spiderman.

Grew up with the George Reeves Superman.

Rohan

Sep 21 2016, 4:23am

Post #11 of 11 (718 views)
Shortcut
Oh, Marvel knows how to do T.V. shows (if Netflix counts) [In reply to] Can't Post

Check those out. They dwarf (heh) DC's television output.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.