The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Help please with my cleaning project!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 31 2016, 1:10pm

Post #1 of 9 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Help please with my cleaning project! Can't Post

This is such a nit-picky request, but when I did a search for my TIME and BS to gather up urls, I've come across some typos that miss the collection because of typos in the subject line. Could I please have some help changing the variations of my subject lines for the links below? I'd like the "It" ; "Its" ; and "It'" each to be changed to "It's" [It's time for some BS!]

Thank you so much!

It' time for...
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=909136;search_string=It%27%20time%20for%20;#909136

Its time for...
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=712380;search_string=Its%20time%20for%20;#712380

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=423133;search_string=Its%20time%20for%20;#423133

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=306618;search_string=Its%20time%20for%20;#306618

It time for...
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=123487;search_string=It%20time%20for%20;#123487

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=123045;search_string=It%20time%20for%20;#123045

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 31 2016, 7:15pm

Post #2 of 9 (1047 views)
Shortcut
All fixed. :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 31 2016, 11:39pm

Post #3 of 9 (1046 views)
Shortcut
*big smile!* THANKS!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Aug 5 2016, 9:52am

Post #4 of 9 (999 views)
Shortcut
Just testing [In reply to] Can't Post

nothing to see hereEvilWinkHeart

(This post was edited by Kelvarhin on Aug 5 2016, 9:52am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 5 2016, 10:34am

Post #5 of 9 (995 views)
Shortcut
Multiple-choice? Fill-in-the-blank? Essay? [In reply to] Can't Post

*gets pencil sharpened*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Aug 5 2016, 11:17am

Post #6 of 9 (994 views)
Shortcut
*evil grin* How's this one? [In reply to] Can't Post

'It becomes harder and harder to be original, to see things with an innocent eye' (Martin Amis). What do you think?

That's actually what we have been discussing in my 'Creativity & Writing' unit at uni this week, want to give it a shot? CrazyLaugh

*I really need to get out more*

*wanders off whistling* EvilLaughHeart

NottaSackville
Valinor

Aug 5 2016, 11:57am

Post #7 of 9 (990 views)
Shortcut
The only possible way answer to that question [In reply to] Can't Post

is clearly with something plagiarized.

Notta

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 5 2016, 4:02pm

Post #8 of 9 (983 views)
Shortcut
I have read... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that it is impossible to compose an original bar of music: all have, over the ages, already been composed. All "new" compositions merely re-use and re-organize them.

Which is why I wonder at the sanity of those who sue other composers, claiming they've "stolen" their music. (For example, the lawsuit that George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" was a "ripoff" of "He's So Fine".)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 5 2016, 8:17pm

Post #9 of 9 (969 views)
Shortcut
Stealing vs. Tribute [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
...I wonder at the sanity of those who sue other composers, claiming they've "stolen" their music. (For example, the lawsuit that George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" was a "ripoff" of "He's So Fine".)

Well, plagiarism certainly does happen And I do generally believe in and support the concept of intellectual property rights. The line gets blurry when we get to the intentional borrowings that we find in modern sampling. When more of your song is lifted from other artists than it is original, is it really your own, original song?

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Aug 5 2016, 8:18pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.