Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
It's the return to the regularly scheduled What are you Watching thread!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 20 2016, 4:24pm

Post #51 of 55 (247 views)
Shortcut
Ah, okay! [In reply to] Can't Post

My mistake, then.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Meneldor
Valinor

Jul 21 2016, 1:14am

Post #52 of 55 (242 views)
Shortcut
I don't know if you can wear out a CD, [In reply to] Can't Post

but I've been trying for years with the original Rocketeer soundtrack. What are the new tracks on the expanded soundtrack?

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Jul 23 2016, 11:27pm

Post #53 of 55 (201 views)
Shortcut
12 monkeys season finale quotes Aragorn [In reply to] Can't Post

Jennifer trying to inspire the less than impressed Sisters quoted not only Aragorn, William Wallace and the president from Indepedence Day. It wasn't until she quoted Bill and Ted "Be excellent to each other" that they would follow her.

12 monkeys is a roller coaster but they seem to be obeying the rules they set for themselves.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Jul 24 2016, 10:47am

Post #54 of 55 (188 views)
Shortcut
Series Finale of Hell on Wheels [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been a long, torturous road, but last night the time finally came to say goodbye to Bohannon, Durant, Mickey, Eva and Psalms after five seasons as they leave behind the ghosts of Lily Bell, Elam, Ruth and Sean and look forward towards their lives after the Golden Spike is driven.

I liked the fact that the race was ultimately determined by Bohannon's respect for the Freemen's contribution. Loved his explanation to Psalms about the importance of what they had done. To paraphrase, someday a young woman is going to need to get home quickly to bury her father - and they made that happen. I also liked the subtle reminders that the European expansioners are still going to have to deal with the Native Americans that have been displaced to allow what the railroad represents (great job introducing Custer without beating the viewership over the head with what they know will eventually happen). Throughout the series, that issue has been presented in a manner allowing each viewer to make their own determination.

I agree it was time to end the show, but I'll still miss spending time with this complicated group of antiheroes.

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Jul 25 2016, 1:59am

Post #55 of 55 (178 views)
Shortcut
Star Trek: Beyond and I'm on a binge watch of Ken Burns' The Civil War. [In reply to] Can't Post

I always follow my job through.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.