The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
unread messages- IN THE THOUSANDS!

Cirashala
Valinor

Jun 25 2016, 12:55pm

Post #1 of 3 (726 views)
Shortcut
unread messages- IN THE THOUSANDS! Can't Post

I have been VERY busy with my garden this spring (rebuilt it with cinder blocks and paving bricks) and whatnot, therefore I haven't been on TORn in a while.....I knew I was going to have lots of unread posts and new threads.....

But 13,000 unread Hobbit messages?! Over 7,000 (or 9,000-either way a LOT) Feedback messages?! Er....I didn't think I was gone THAT long! Shocked

Anyway, obviously when I actually went INTO the threads, there weren't thousands of unread messages (quite a few, but not thousands lol Wink).

Could someone go through and fix that error so the number of new threads/posts aren't in the jaw dropping amounts? I have marked all mine read now after perusing the threads (and sighing in relief that the boards haven't truly exploded in the last three months Evil), but for half a second there my eyes about popped out of my head lol! Tongue

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 25 2016, 4:18pm

Post #2 of 3 (698 views)
Shortcut
It's probably your browser [In reply to] Can't Post

and not something we can do on the message boards. Your browser is probably deleting the cookies used to hold your history on the boards, which causes the read/unread indicators to reset.

Cirashala
Valinor

Jun 25 2016, 4:43pm

Post #3 of 3 (693 views)
Shortcut
Ah that makes sense now [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't usually have a problem, but my computer was running slow the other day so I deleted cookies Smile I have cookies running now so I should be good Smile

Thanks entmaiden!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.