Shortcut
Favorite Jane Austen female lead Can't Post

Annael
Immortal

Jun 21 2016, 12:05am

Post #2 of 8 (465 views)
Shortcut
Anne [In reply to] Can't Post

Elizabeth is spunky but judgmental not just of Darcy but of her own sisters & even her best friend. Anne is sweet, smart, practical, and kind. And loyal!

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jun 22 2016, 6:04am

Post #3 of 8 (432 views)
Shortcut
Anne, with Elinore and Elizabeth jockying for second // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by zarabia on Jun 22 2016, 6:07am)

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 22 2016, 9:14pm

Post #4 of 8 (418 views)
Shortcut
again, a tied pair [In reply to] Can't Post

again, a tied pair...

anne eliot / elizabeth bennet

i must say, tho i've read the books numerous times, the captivating, indelible performances by amanda root and jennifer ehle, respectively, are well-nigh inseparable from their book counterparts. the same with jj feild as henry tilney and ciaran hinds as captain wentworth.

and what a difference casting makes!! i adore kate winslet's portrayal as marianne dashwood (despite many elements of self-centeredness and unkindness), but i could not stand charity wakefield as marianne in the 2008 miniseries.

cheers --

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 22 2016, 9:16pm

Post #5 of 8 (416 views)
Shortcut
please either add another vote for anne or take away my vote for elizabeth [In reply to] Can't Post

please either add another vote for anne, or take away my vote for elizabeth, as i did not mean to vote, not being able to decide between the two of them.

cheers --

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 24 2016, 3:38pm

Post #6 of 8 (398 views)
Shortcut
Tough call between Lizzie and Marianne [In reply to] Can't Post

Both ladies could speak their mind, which I really liked. Anne was a little too dull, Fanny was too concerned with what other people thought, and I can't believe Elinor was trying to excuse Edward's "forgetting he was engaged," I mean, REALLY??? I apparently can't remember Catherine well enough to have an opinion on her, Emma's okay I guess. So, who do I vote for between Lizzie & Marianne? Decisions, decisions....

sparrowruth
Rivendell

Aug 17 2016, 10:36pm

Post #7 of 8 (326 views)
Shortcut
I voted twice... [In reply to] Can't Post

once for myself (Elinor, because Sense and Sensibility is the only one I've actually read all the way through)
and once for my sister who is reading over my shoulder (Elizabeth, because "she's feisty and sarcastic")

(This post was edited by sparrowruth on Aug 17 2016, 10:37pm)

Ioreth
Rivendell

Oct 31 2020, 1:08pm

Post #8 of 8 (69 views)
Shortcut
Anne Elliot [In reply to] Can't Post

mostly because I early on sympathized with her broken heart ...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.