Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Did anyone else guess the end scene of the trilogy? I did back in early 2011!

Veridandir
Rivendell

Jun 8 2016, 8:46am

Post #1 of 5 (963 views)
Shortcut
Did anyone else guess the end scene of the trilogy? I did back in early 2011! Can't Post

I wonder if the writers saw my post :) Haha, probably not, the scenes seems so natural an ending, but it's fun to imagine.

(Back when it was supposed to be two films)
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=349649#349649

Did anyone else guess it?

DeadRabbits
Rohan

Jun 8 2016, 9:48am

Post #2 of 5 (942 views)
Shortcut
No. My guess was... [In reply to] Can't Post

... that old Bilbo reading his story to a group of hobbit children would serve as the framing device, so I thought that the last film would end with him closing the book, followed by the one of the children saying something like "Please, Mr Bilbo - tell us another story" and him replying "No, I have reached the end of my story. Now it's your turn to write the next chapter". The hobbit children would then be revealed to be Merry, Pippin, Sam and Frodo.

That was my speculation before it all began, and it turned out to be wrong. But at least old Bilbo (and Frodo) was used as a framing device, so I got that right.

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

LittleHobbit
Lorien

Jun 8 2016, 2:59pm

Post #3 of 5 (901 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone on the main website, in the comment section to some article, tried to 'guess' the ending of BOFA and got it pretty much right. I believe someone later even commented on that.

I am not sure which article it was, though. May be hard to dig up! Wink

But if I have any spare time today, I will try to find it (and post here if I succeed) Cool

Cheers.

LittleHobbit
Lorien

Jun 15 2016, 11:54pm

Post #4 of 5 (693 views)
Shortcut
I have found the comment..... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.theonering.net/.../#comment-1649949697

VERY similar to your 'prediction'. Although QUITE a bit more recent. Cool

Honestly, I think quite a few people 'guessed' the same essential ending scene.

LittleHobbit
Lorien

Jun 24 2016, 2:58pm

Post #5 of 5 (576 views)
Shortcut
Forgot to say... [In reply to] Can't Post

that apparently I was wrong concerning people commenting on the fact of the prediction afterwards, though.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.