How can I view my previous posts?

Veridandir
Rivendell

Jun 7 2016, 9:53pm

Post #1 of 6 (757 views)
Shortcut
How can I view my previous posts? Can't Post

Hi there!

In most forums there is an option to view your own posting history. I've looked but can't find it here. Does it exist?

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2016, 9:57pm

Post #2 of 6 (736 views)
Shortcut
Click on your name. Previous posts are available through a link in the bottom left.// [In reply to] Can't Post

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2016, 10:01pm

Post #3 of 6 (747 views)
Shortcut
It's pretty simple [In reply to] Can't Post

though not immediately obvious.

Click on your username on any post, which will take you to your public profile page. At the bottom left corner of the page is a button that says "Show User's Posts". That brings up your entire posting history.

If there's a specific post you're looking for, sometimes using the Search Posts function (one of the rings at the top of the board) is faster - just enter a key word or words in the "Search String" box and your username in the "only show posts made by" box and that will bring up posts you've made with those words.

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 8 2016, 6:27am

Post #4 of 6 (737 views)
Shortcut
I don't want to go there [In reply to] Can't Post

What if I said something really silly one or even more times? Laugh

Veridandir
Rivendell

Jun 8 2016, 8:46am

Post #5 of 6 (731 views)
Shortcut
Thank you guys! [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't know it was that easy :)

a.s.
Valinor

Jun 8 2016, 1:23pm

Post #6 of 6 (724 views)
Shortcut
I have been cruising down memory lane, though :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

It is funny/sad, to be away, and come back. I guess it's true that you can't really go home again, as home continues to evolve without you (WHAT??!! but true), in your absence things become traditions, things move along, and you regret that life took you elsewhere, but there you are, clicking on "show users posts" and travelling back in time.

Nothing can bring back the hour of splendour in the grass, and etc. But Show Users Posts is useful, if you are waxing nostalgic for times gone by.

Blush

a.s.

"an seileachan"

"A safe fairyland is untrue to all worlds." JRR Tolkien, Letters.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.