LotR Caption Contest CX!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2016, 9:16pm

Post #1 of 26 (1578 views)
Shortcut
LotR Caption Contest CX! Can't Post

My thanks to sador for selecting my mis-use of the Blues Brothers for the last round! Laugh

For this round, let's return to our other two Hobbits-in-interesting-circumstances:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

cats16
Half-elven

Jun 6 2016, 9:51pm

Post #2 of 26 (1470 views)
Shortcut
"Save a horse, ride an Uruk-hai" ~ Big & Rich comeback album // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 6 2016, 10:46pm

Post #3 of 26 (1473 views)
Shortcut
"The next time I suggest using Uber, Merry, smack me!" [In reply to] Can't Post

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes, the "Gossiper of the Gods"

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jun 6 2016, 11:57pm

Post #4 of 26 (1456 views)
Shortcut
“I’m glad you’re here with me Merry, at the end of all Second Breakfasts.” // [In reply to] Can't Post

'Still it might be well for all if all these strengths were joined, and the powers of each were used in league.'
-Glóin

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2016, 12:46am

Post #5 of 26 (1451 views)
Shortcut
"The next time you suggest hug therapy to turn a bad guy good, count me out." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Jun 7 2016, 1:51am

Post #6 of 26 (1450 views)
Shortcut
Pippin soon realizes that piggy-back riding the orcs was a bad idea. [In reply to] Can't Post

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2016, 4:16am

Post #7 of 26 (1439 views)
Shortcut
"You know what Merry? I don't think these are particularly ugly ponies after all." / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jun 7 2016, 4:17am)

sador
Half-elven

Jun 7 2016, 9:13am

Post #8 of 26 (1431 views)
Shortcut
What's for lunch? Vegetarian again? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Jun 7 2016, 1:00pm

Post #9 of 26 (1430 views)
Shortcut
You think YOU"VE got it bad? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'M on the downwind side!

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

weathertop
Rohan

Jun 7 2016, 3:11pm

Post #10 of 26 (1418 views)
Shortcut
Wait! What? [In reply to] Can't Post

They didn't take the left turn at Albuquerque?

Enginerd

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Jun 7 2016, 3:31pm

Post #11 of 26 (1411 views)
Shortcut
When Marry and Pippin discovered that the eagles was no taxi service they tried the Uruk-hai taxi service. [In reply to] Can't Post

weathertop
Rohan

Jun 7 2016, 7:37pm

Post #12 of 26 (1406 views)
Shortcut
you know, I don't think this is what Gandalf meant [In reply to] Can't Post

by "fly, you fools"

Enginerd

Omnigeek
Lorien

Jun 8 2016, 12:07am

Post #13 of 26 (1387 views)
Shortcut
Merry, I don't think they meant what we thought when they said they'd have us for elevensies [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Jun 8 2016, 1:04pm

Post #14 of 26 (1369 views)
Shortcut
But if the rising sun is behind our right shoulders, [In reply to] Can't Post

that must mean we're going northWEST!

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

noWizardme
Half-elven

Jun 8 2016, 6:29pm

Post #15 of 26 (1346 views)
Shortcut
Gets my vote :) [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~
volunteers are still needed to lead chapters for our upcoming Book VI ROTK read-through (Book V is all signed up, thanks!) http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=904377#904377

A set of links to our Book III discussions can be found here: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=886383#886383

A set of links to the Book IV discussions are here: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=899201#899201

A wonderful list of links to Boook II, Book I and previous read-throughs is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 8 2016, 7:12pm

Post #16 of 26 (1341 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Although, maybe I should have made the service 'Uber-hai'.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes, the "Gossiper of the Gods"

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 10 2016, 1:47am

Post #17 of 26 (1299 views)
Shortcut
+love+ this, ataahua! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
"The next time you suggest hug therapy to turn a bad guy good, count me out." / by Ataahua

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Jun 10 2016, 2:55am

Post #18 of 26 (1290 views)
Shortcut
"Out of service, out of Rohan, I wouldn't hang about!" [In reply to] Can't Post

"This hobbit is getting wildly out of wing!"

I always follow my job through.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 10 2016, 9:30pm

Post #19 of 26 (1257 views)
Shortcut
:) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua's stories

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 12 2016, 12:42am

Post #20 of 26 (1219 views)
Shortcut
i don't know how this happened, but i quoted the wrong thing [In reply to] Can't Post

i don't know how this happened, but i quoted the wrong thing..... the following is the following ataahua quip....

"You know what Merry? I don't think these are particularly ugly ponies after all." / by Ataahua

cheers :)

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Lissuin
Valinor

Jun 12 2016, 11:20am

Post #21 of 26 (1198 views)
Shortcut
"No, man, I kid you not. [In reply to] Can't Post

'Interesting circumstances'?! That is what the woman said."

Belegdir
Lorien

Jun 13 2016, 1:19pm

Post #22 of 26 (1133 views)
Shortcut
I agree Merry. Uruk-hai mounts are faster... but the smell. Oh my the smell. [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 13 2016, 9:31pm

Post #23 of 26 (1109 views)
Shortcut
Oh dear...I'm having such a laugh with all these responses... [In reply to] Can't Post

But there can be only one winner - and this time, that's you, Otaku-sempai! For not only messing with Uber, but coming up with Middle-earth's newest ride service, Uber-hai! Laugh

Congratulations, and the most auspicious eleventy-first round is yours!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 13 2016, 10:45pm

Post #24 of 26 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, derwyn... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I shall endeavor to find a suitable pic for the occasion. I hope I can find a good one that hasn't already been used!

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Jun 21 2016, 7:24pm

Post #25 of 26 (979 views)
Shortcut
What a terrible time to forget to wear underwear, Merry !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.