Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Howard Shore's Hobbit Symphony in Four Movements CONFIRMED - Premiere soon

gkgyver
Bree

May 29 2016, 2:29am

Post #1 of 9 (10728 views)
Shortcut
Howard Shore's Hobbit Symphony in Four Movements CONFIRMED - Premiere soon Can't Post

Doug Adams confirmed that the Hobbit Symphony in Four Movements will Premiere in Pittsburgh in June:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DougAdamsMusic/status/736553508409729024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

TheOnlyOneAroundWithAnySense
Rohan

May 29 2016, 3:18am

Post #2 of 9 (10680 views)
Shortcut
That's downright awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent score. Wish I could see/hear this.

"Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right... even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and say, 'No, YOU move.'"
- Captain America: Civil War

Noria
Gondor

May 29 2016, 12:02pm

Post #3 of 9 (10630 views)
Shortcut
Glad to hear this [In reply to] Can't Post

I heard the LotR Symphony live back in the day and while I thoroughly enjoyed hearing the music, I was a bit disappointed. I had expected some of the wonderful themes from the scores to be developed and expanded, you know, like a symphony. Instead it was more a “greatest hits of LotR”.

Still, if The Hobbit Symphony ever comes to my city, I will be there to hear it and probably buy the CD, if there is one (because I am old and like CDs).

LittleHobbit
Lorien

May 29 2016, 9:30pm

Post #4 of 9 (10575 views)
Shortcut
If I lived in the USA........ [In reply to] Can't Post

And had quite some money to spare, I DEFINITELY would go to see this! Smile Huge fan of Howard Shore's score. Sometimes I think they are even better than the MOVIES THEMSELVES, as absurd as that may sound. Laugh

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 3 2016, 4:05am

Post #5 of 9 (10375 views)
Shortcut
If there's any way to get there [In reply to] Can't Post

I encourage EVERYONE to go! I was fortunate to experience the LotR concert, and I still remember it in awe. The music moved through me and planted itself in my heart :) I would LOVE to do the same with The Hobbit!

Thanks for this!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jun 3 2016, 3:01pm

Post #6 of 9 (10343 views)
Shortcut
Anyone here able to go? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm hoping we'll get some reports on what it's like as there a CD recording is not yet confirmed. It'll be interesting to see which pieces Shore uses and how he divides the three scores across four pieces.

Doug Adams
Bree

Jun 5 2016, 12:48pm

Post #7 of 9 (10265 views)
Shortcut
This is not correct ... [In reply to] Can't Post

The new suite is "The Hobbit: Four Movements for Symphony Orchestra," as the tweets and links indicated. This is not "The Hobbit Symphony." Sorry.

Doug Adams

Altaira
Superuser

Jun 6 2016, 5:43am

Post #8 of 9 (10210 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for your observations, Doug! [In reply to] Can't Post

We updated our story on the Home Page accordingly. Best of luck with the concerts!!

Link to Updated Home Page Story

Link to more information, buying tickets, etc.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

priell3
Lorien

Jun 9 2016, 1:19am

Post #9 of 9 (10114 views)
Shortcut
Complete recordings... [In reply to] Can't Post

...are what I am waiting for.

MikeP

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.