The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Connecting

Ciars
Rohan

May 25 2016, 5:31pm

Post #1 of 15 (989 views)
Shortcut
Connecting Can't Post

Just wondering if anyone else had problems getting onto the site today? I tried to check out torn a few times between 12 and 2pm but kept getting a fatal error message! I couldn't access torn at all.

Altaira
Superuser

May 25 2016, 5:48pm

Post #2 of 15 (944 views)
Shortcut
It's been fine for me [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't accessed it a ton today, but every time I have I've had no problems. Maybe you just tried at high server load times and I didn't. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Ciars
Rohan

May 25 2016, 6:03pm

Post #3 of 15 (940 views)
Shortcut
Gremlins [In reply to] Can't Post

Must have been a Gremlin attack here then! Glad that the fatal error didn't last though! Crazy

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 25 2016, 6:06pm

Post #4 of 15 (943 views)
Shortcut
I could not get on this morning. [In reply to] Can't Post

Neither to the Boards nor TheOneRing.net, from at least 7 am - 10 am EDT.

I just figured that Corvar was doing some maintenance. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Altaira
Superuser

May 25 2016, 6:12pm

Post #5 of 15 (941 views)
Shortcut
There you go [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I first logged in after that, so I must have missed all the fun. I didn't hear anything from Corvar about doing maintenance, but he usually only alerts me if I raise an alarm. That was probably the cause.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Starling
Half-elven

May 25 2016, 6:13pm

Post #6 of 15 (940 views)
Shortcut
I couldn't access the site at all [In reply to] Can't Post

last night for a few hours.
It was very distressing and I had to go to bed. Shocked

Ciars
Rohan

May 25 2016, 6:18pm

Post #7 of 15 (945 views)
Shortcut
Worse... [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually had to focus on work while in work, still makes me shudder! This could however raise a prospect/ thread topic: what do you do when torn becomes suddenly unavailable!? This should surely be part of the FAQs or at least a coping thread could be stickified to let torn sibs know what to do when the hub (torn) goes awol for a time!

(This post was edited by Ciars on May 25 2016, 6:18pm)

Ciars
Rohan

May 25 2016, 6:19pm

Post #8 of 15 (942 views)
Shortcut
Maintenance [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah, I thought the colours were brighter! Wink

NottaSackville
Valinor

May 25 2016, 6:36pm

Post #9 of 15 (925 views)
Shortcut
I think they were giving the new boards a trial run on the server // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

weathertop
Rohan

May 25 2016, 6:57pm

Post #10 of 15 (928 views)
Shortcut
wargear.net [In reply to] Can't Post

online Risk-like game site. the only place i've been with longer is TORn (been at WG since its inception in '09). TORn i've been with since...early aughts (time got reset when we migrated so i can't actually tell).

Enginerd

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 25 2016, 7:09pm

Post #11 of 15 (919 views)
Shortcut
Or possibly the new live-chat function with Weta staff made the boards go fzzzt. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

May 25 2016, 7:47pm

Post #12 of 15 (927 views)
Shortcut
In her "Houses of Healing" discussion today . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Elizabeth mentions not being able to access TORN last night.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien's life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 25 2016, 9:18pm

Post #13 of 15 (905 views)
Shortcut
The whole site was unavailable for me late last night. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad to see it up and working today.

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

dormouse
Half-elven

May 26 2016, 9:54am

Post #14 of 15 (880 views)
Shortcut
Distressing, ain't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

That happened to me yesterday morning when I couldn't get onto TORn for what felt like hours...

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

NottaSackville
Valinor

May 26 2016, 11:05am

Post #15 of 15 (868 views)
Shortcut
Oohh - maybe the TORN servers got pulled into a Weta Massive run simulating the Battle of Dagorlad! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.