Shortcut
Best Jurassic Park Movie Can't Post

Gianna
Rohan

May 9 2016, 3:55pm

Post #2 of 8 (457 views)
Shortcut
Jurassic World [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not a huge fan of the Jurassic Park series, so if I had to explain why I liked J.W. best, it's probably because it's more modern in effects and storytelling.

Sarahbor
Lorien

May 9 2016, 8:32pm

Post #3 of 8 (444 views)
Shortcut
The original [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing beats it. I actually liked Lost World more than most people, but the first one is still the best. The third one was terrible. Jurassic World was fun, but full of glaring plot holes and painfully stupid decisions (like why didn't anybody shoot the I-rex with a freaking tranquilizer?! Especially when they just shot 2 escaped pachys with a tranquilizer earlier that same day?!) And the CGI looked worse than it did 20 years ago.

Dwarewien
Rohan

May 9 2016, 11:22pm

Post #4 of 8 (438 views)
Shortcut
Jurassic Park... [In reply to] Can't Post

with Jurassic World not far behind in second place (at least for me). It took me a while to figure out which one I liked better, since I enjoy them both, but since I wouldn't even have a preferred island if I didn't watch the original three times in a row (the last being on television) just prior to Jurassic World getting released to theaters, I'll go with that one, since nothing beats the original (island, movie and T-rex, not necessarily in that order).Smile

Annael
Immortal

May 10 2016, 1:18pm

Post #5 of 8 (412 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

I said Jurassic Park but I only saw the first two.

malickfan
Gondor

May 12 2016, 5:25pm

Post #6 of 8 (389 views)
Shortcut
Jurassic Park [In reply to] Can't Post

It's just the best of the four i.m.o.

I really like The Lost World as well (more than most it seems) it's gorgeous cinematography, fun characters and great set peices making up for the uneven script.

JP 3, is OK but feels like a TV Movie rather than a true sequel.

Jurrasic World just bored me...

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 12 2016, 7:22pm

Post #7 of 8 (383 views)
Shortcut
Same. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Jurrasic World just bored me...

It felt same-old-same-old.

Omnigeek
Lorien

May 15 2016, 10:34pm

Post #8 of 8 (348 views)
Shortcut
The original [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved how the original movie built up a sense of wonder and discovery before falling into a suspenseful thriller. The two best moments are when Sam Neill quiets the annoying kid by explaining how raptors hunted and when they first encounter dinosaurs on the run while driving into the park. The disbelief turned to joy at scientific discovery on Sam Neill's and Laura Dern's faces was so pure it was palpable. I suppose I enjoyed the first scene I mentioned in part because every piece of that scene fell in line with what was then new and not widely known scientific thinking.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.