Caption Contest V - at last!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 28 2016, 8:31am

Post #1 of 34 (1444 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest V - at last!!! Can't Post

With apologies for the delay - decisions never were my strong point Blush ... Here, for your amusement and creative construction may I present:

Go forth and make me laugh!

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Gianna
Rohan

Apr 28 2016, 11:44am

Post #2 of 34 (1302 views)
Shortcut
Ori, trying SO hard not to use the Force to shove Bilbo off the Bridge of Khazad-dum... // [In reply to] Can't Post

~There's some good left in this world. And it's worth fighting for.~
------
My website...
...my fantasy novel Seascape...
...and my fantasy novel Starscape.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Apr 28 2016, 12:20pm

Post #3 of 34 (1297 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo steps on a rock-shard while Dwalin finishes the one about the blonde who walks into a bar with a blue monkey and a duck. // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I never said most of the things I said."
- Yogi & Me

LSF
Gondor

Apr 28 2016, 1:39pm

Post #4 of 34 (1299 views)
Shortcut
caption [In reply to] Can't Post

*Dramatic narrator voice* "What horror from the abyss awaits our heroes? Find out next week. Same time, same channel."

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 28 2016, 1:40pm

Post #5 of 34 (1287 views)
Shortcut
Instead of lightening the mood, Ori's rendition of "Look Down" from Les Miz had the opposite effect. / [In reply to] Can't Post

“Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!"
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."
"Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may."
"Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"
"But no living man am I! I am Eowyn, daughter of Theodwyn!”
"Er, really? My mother's name was Theodwyn, too!"
"No way!"
"Way!"
"Wow! Let's stop fighting and be best friends!"
"Cool!!"

-Zack Snyder's The Return of the King

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 28 2016, 1:42pm

Post #6 of 34 (1286 views)
Shortcut
ORI: I tell ya, bungi-jumping is easy! I'll go first. // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Things need not to have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure
when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Dream of the Endless

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 28 2016, 2:38pm

Post #7 of 34 (1278 views)
Shortcut
Dwalin and Bilbo are astounded by Ori's skill [In reply to] Can't Post

at writing his name in the snow.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 28 2016, 4:37pm

Post #8 of 34 (1261 views)
Shortcut
The Company gazed down in horror at the angry mob below, who were waving handfuls of yak hair and screaming that even Bilbo shall have a proper beard. [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo's stout heart quailed in despair at the prospect of having a cheap polyester beard plastered to his face. The resulting rash would torment him for days! "What are they?" he whispered.

Thorin Oakenshield glared at the frothing humans, cerulean blue eyes blazing in defiance, fists clenched. His thick lion's mane of espresso silken locks swirled perfectly in the breeze.

"They were once Men. Great scholars of Men. Then they took unto themselves the writings of Tolkien. Blinded by love, they re-read without question. One by one, they turned from the light that is Sir Peter Jackson. They are the Canonistas, neither living nor dead....they will never stop hunting us."

The Mountain King looked at the handsome features of his nephews, and there was a grim flash of his perfect teeth. "My boys. By Mahal, I am not spending the rest of this Quest with some itchy hot mess of yak hair flapping around every time the wind machine is turned on! We are the Sons of Durin. We already have EPIC HAIR and it's pretty well agreed we're already, er, hot."

"Kili, on my mark. Ready, draw..."

Angelic

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 28 2016, 5:32pm

Post #9 of 34 (1252 views)
Shortcut
*snigger!* [In reply to] Can't Post

Good one! I tell 'ya, we need another River of Denial thread - and you're just itching to write one!Wink

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 28 2016, 5:34pm

Post #10 of 34 (1245 views)
Shortcut
"If yer afraid of high places, then don't look down!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwalin can lose his patience with the Company sometimes!

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 28 2016, 8:33pm

Post #11 of 34 (1232 views)
Shortcut
Waiting... [In reply to] Can't Post

Good one! I tell 'ya, we need another River of Denial thread - and you're just itching to write one!Wink

*Kicks TORn member Elarie under the bus*

Until Elarie feels re-inspired....EvilAngelic

In the meantime am contemplating my modest collection of Hobbit collectibles, e.g. if ASMUS company can put out this fig, and then someone can customize it with,
you know, HAIR....Cool

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...gorn-thread-184.html

then possibly how much fun I could have one day. Perhaps. (One can only hope this company UNDERSTANDS the utter and complete importance, should they produce the rumored
Thorin fig, of exuberant lush PILOSITY and certainly none of that plastic hair nonsense, no indeed, not for THORIN.....ShockedShockedShocked)

While I wait for the *mythical* uber director-cut of the Hobbit with the previously unreleased footage....TongueCoolAngelic

PS. What "River of Denial"? Hundreds of fan-ficcers and BOFA-fixers have embraced TRUTH, and are eagerly following the angst-ridden saga of the Durins re-taking Moria. I'm right up to the part where Bilbo and the Mary Sue OC are fighting over who cares about Thorin more. Meanwhile, Thorin slipped out with Dwalin through another hidden door to hit the pub, where they find Gandalf drowning his sorrows over the return of Galadriel's husband....Angelic

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 28 2016, 8:43pm

Post #12 of 34 (1220 views)
Shortcut
Can't say I didn't warn you! I DON"T LIKE GREEN FOOD! [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 29 2016, 12:42am

Post #13 of 34 (1195 views)
Shortcut
Three unlucky souls selected by Middle-earth chiropractor to walk on Goblin King's back. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

StingingFly
Lorien

Apr 29 2016, 9:50am

Post #14 of 34 (1173 views)
Shortcut
Ori displays the "wonders of Dwarvish healing medicine"... [In reply to] Can't Post

...chanting over the injured Kili, who professes his love for him and speaks of Ori "walking in starlight." A disturbed Mr. Baggins does not consider this a 'privilege to witness.'

Elarie
Grey Havens

Apr 29 2016, 11:01am

Post #15 of 34 (1163 views)
Shortcut
Sniff... [In reply to] Can't Post

Writer's block Frown

But like a good hobbit I've been keeping busy in my garden - and finding a use for old wash tubs and all those rocks that turn up every time I start digging Smile

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 29 2016, 5:06pm

Post #16 of 34 (1143 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

I like thisLaugh. Poor Bilbo!

https://www.fanfiction.net/...-Discovers-The-Truth

LaughEvil

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 29 2016, 5:20pm

Post #17 of 34 (1131 views)
Shortcut
LOL busted [In reply to] Can't Post

Writer's block Frown

LOL ElarieEvil - and anyone who gardens (at least in my hemisphere) is officially out the door I think in the U.S. anyway, gleefully sallying forth to burn up the credit cards at the local garden centers. The gardeners will all be off the grid for a while I thinkCool...*stares at seed packs and thinks "TGIF!!!" * (I was so excited last weekend to find some really great dirt at a good price...that lovely rich black stuff...Laugh)

And that garden you showed is completely beautiful and awesomeSmile. It's perfect - I love the house and love reusing stuff for planters. LovelyHeartHeartHeart!

Elarie
Grey Havens

Apr 29 2016, 7:36pm

Post #18 of 34 (1115 views)
Shortcut
Fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a great link. Thanks!
Smile

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 29 2016, 9:05pm

Post #19 of 34 (1097 views)
Shortcut
Okay, fine - I'll start something! [In reply to] Can't Post

I suck at gardening anyway.

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 29 2016, 10:09pm

Post #20 of 34 (1087 views)
Shortcut
Even though he would wax rhapsodic about how cute and cuddly they were, Dwalin and Bilbo could never cotton to Ori's pet rats. // [In reply to] Can't Post

AndHeHandedHimTheTobaccoJar
Bree

Apr 30 2016, 1:40pm

Post #21 of 34 (1048 views)
Shortcut
Eeek! A mouse! [In reply to] Can't Post

AndHeHandedHimTheTobaccoJar
Bree

Apr 30 2016, 1:41pm

Post #22 of 34 (1044 views)
Shortcut
Nice one! [In reply to] Can't Post

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 30 2016, 11:09pm

Post #23 of 34 (1013 views)
Shortcut
New report of Barge sighting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Full report on available on The Hobbit forum!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 30 2016, 11:13pm

Post #24 of 34 (1014 views)
Shortcut
Pretty funny! [In reply to] Can't Post

And proof positive that the Durins can and will live on!EvilHeart

New sighting on the River of Denial is up - probably not as funny as your post, but oh well!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 2 2016, 2:17am

Post #25 of 34 (961 views)
Shortcut
Ori: "Eeew! Don't step in it! Anybody got a bucket and mop?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.