Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Logo for Belgian Fangroup

Brunwick

Apr 30 2016, 9:16am

Post #1 of 2 (1122 views)
Shortcut
Logo for Belgian Fangroup Can't Post

Hello,

I have recently become an admin of a Belgian Tolkien fangroup. The admin crew got renewed because of the fact that our community was fading out. So we are trying to revive it with meetings and such and so we also want a fresh new logo.

We already have worked something out , but we would like to digitalise it properly so that it can be used for printing and such so that it won't look like a set of blocks when you enlarge it for printing it on a t-shirt or such.

So as this is the "art"-section. I was wondering if a digital artist would like to help us out with this problem?

Kind regards

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 30 2016, 4:23pm

Post #2 of 2 (1111 views)
Shortcut
if it were me.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd get someone w. the best phone camera to take a straight view (e.g. no angles) of the logo - which I take was drawn by hand? or w. a good digital camera.

Or if this is a low res file, same thing - use some sort of image or drawing package (Adobe, Gimp, Paint, etc there are probably other open source packages that are free...) and set the base file image to 300 dpi or higher, I imagine 12 x 12 inches at 300 dpi is plenty big....if you are going to be making banners or posters you may want even larger.

Bring in your file which may or may not be all pixelated when sized/scaled/stretched to fill the base image, add a layer on top of that, and retrace/remake the logo on the new layer. When done, discard all but the top layer, leaving a high-res version of your logo. Tedious, but works.....tho sometimes it's just easier to sit down and just re-do the logo in high res.

If a good enough picture can be had - straight on, w. good contrast, and sharp - an image can be photographed at a high resolution, brought into an image program, and then adjusted for contrast etc. without having to trace over it, if you have someone who can make great images on a white background, say.
There are free image adjusters online. Still can be tedious but my be easier than making a new layer and tracing.

Or in the the U.S. for shirts or business cards, seems like you just upload a logo file but I have not used one of these online services. These kinds of services may not need high res.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.