First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 4:07pm

Post #1 of 40 (538 views)
Shortcut
*gets keys, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta! :D Can't Post

Hey everyone!

I'll be subbing for a little while and then opening it up to self-serve; as usual, please feel free to choose your food/drink/music/etc., and tell us about your past week and/or upcoming weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 4:25pm

Post #2 of 40 (474 views)
Shortcut
Hello? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I took the long way 'round, but I've managed to make it back. For those who don't remember, I used to be pretty active in the RR about two years ago.
Currently, I'm slacking off from studying for final exams next week, but I've decided to come haunt TORn for a bit before I submerge into full study-mode. I just wonder why they have exams at the end of the week. We have classes up to the day before finals, so I hope the tests go easy on what we will learn, literally, the day before.
*Sigh*
Life. I'm free for a bit after final examinations, so there's something to look forward to.
It's great to see some familiar faces alongside the new ones! I hope to catch up on what's been happening since my hiatus.

Sing a song of long lament
The days be past, the years are spent
The flames of fire, on funeral pyre
The warrior's soul it's wing'd way hath sent

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 4:36pm

Post #3 of 40 (459 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back, Rembrethil! [In reply to] Can't Post

*gets celebratory/memory-and-concentration-boosting drink-of-choice :) *

It's nice to see you, and I hope your tests go really well!!

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 29 2016, 4:43pm

Post #4 of 40 (458 views)
Shortcut
Wecome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

You were missed!

“Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!"
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."
"Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may."
"Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"
"But no living man am I! I am Eowyn, daughter of Theodwyn!”
"Er, really? My mother's name was Theodwyn, too!"
"No way!"
"Way!"
"Wow! Let's stop fighting and be best friends!"
"Cool!!"

-Zack Snyder's The Return of the King

Kethry
Lorien

Apr 29 2016, 4:51pm

Post #5 of 40 (460 views)
Shortcut
*sits at bar* I'm in the mood for a tropical smoothie please [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been quite a while since I've been here, but I thought I'd check in.

Since the last time I was here, I've gotten married, have an adorable 2-year-old boy, and a backyard full of animals.

"Any kind of plan where you lose your hat... is a bad plan."

Isn't it better to cling to the dream of what might have been than ruin it all with reality?

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 29 2016, 4:57pm

Post #6 of 40 (455 views)
Shortcut
Where's my warmth? [In reply to] Can't Post

A chillier weekend coming 'round these parts, although the sun is trying to sneak through at the moment. I suppose I'll take a hot chocolate to stay warm, please. Smile

Probably a movie or two at the theatre this weekend, as well as a couple more at home. (Currently midway through Kieslowski's "Blue" film.*looks at Darkstone, ready to discuss once I'm finished)

I've got a quick 48 hour trip to Orlando next week on a Disney resort (free, too!), so I'm hoping to take advantage of that little break.

Happy weekend, all!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 29 2016, 5:01pm

Post #7 of 40 (447 views)
Shortcut
Hullo there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you back here.

Yikes, that's a stressful system. I've got a few more weeks until the end (and it's really the end, for me Crazy).

Had to banish myself from the RR awhile ago, as well--60,000+ posts waiting. Just couldn't devote the time.

Anyway, great to see you back, and hope to see both of us back in the RR sooner rather than later!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 5:03pm

Post #8 of 40 (448 views)
Shortcut
Wow!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's awesome, Kethry! Congrats on all the wonderful events that have happened!

*gets celebratory drink-of-choice*

Welcome back, and I hope you have a great weekend!!

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 5:24pm

Post #9 of 40 (441 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

It hasn't warmed up here yet, either, LOL. (^_^;)

*gets hot chocolate for both of us :D *

Hope you enjoy the movies and the (free! O.O ) trip to Disney, cats! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 29 2016, 5:40pm

Post #10 of 40 (461 views)
Shortcut
Something soothing,please. My stress level is off the charts. [In reply to] Can't Post

Our son has been in the hospital for three weeks, and it's unclear when he'll be able to come home.

This also happened about this time last year, and in May last year my dad got sick, and I think all that stress is the main reason I had a stroke in August.

I've been praying and meditating a lot, both for my son's health and for mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GNU Terry Pratchett
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Apr 29 2016, 5:41pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 5:43pm

Post #11 of 40 (449 views)
Shortcut
Oh, wow... :( [In reply to] Can't Post

*gets calming/soothing drink-of-choice*

I hope that you are able to stay healthy and that your son gets well soon!!

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Laerasëa
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 5:48pm

Post #12 of 40 (444 views)
Shortcut
Heya, eventides! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll take a root beer, please! I've been lurking around this week and enjoying catching up on everything. How've you been?

I'm still a little salty over having some wonderful international friends....who have all seen Captain America before me Frown I'm avoiding ALL reviews until I see it!! (but watching the trailer a whole lot) Laugh

Here's to a positive and restful weekend for everyone! :)

‎"When we can take green from grass, blue from heaven, and red from blood, we have already an enchanter's power—upon one plane; and the desire to wield that power in the world
external to our minds awakes."
--J. R. R. Tolkien

Asea's Collabs YouTube music cover channel

Laerasëa
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 6:04pm

Post #13 of 40 (440 views)
Shortcut
I'm so sorry to hear that, ADB [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope things look up for you and your family soon, and don't forget to take care of yourself in the meantime, okay? Heart

‎"When we can take green from grass, blue from heaven, and red from blood, we have already an enchanter's power—upon one plane; and the desire to wield that power in the world
external to our minds awakes."
--J. R. R. Tolkien

Asea's Collabs YouTube music cover channel

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 6:07pm

Post #14 of 40 (434 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you, Laerasea! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

*pours root beer*

LOL, I feel the same-- I am having to hold myself back *so much* from peeking at reviews/spoilers. I can last for one more week though. (Hopefully. :P :D )

As for me, things are going well now :) ... hope things are going well for you, too! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 6:08pm

Post #15 of 40 (430 views)
Shortcut
*Sets out Self-Serve sign* Thanks for having me as a sub today, everyone-- hope you all have great weekends!! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 29 2016, 7:58pm

Post #16 of 40 (423 views)
Shortcut
I'm so sorry, Aunt D. [In reply to] Can't Post

That's very hard. I'll hold you and your son in my prayers.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 29 2016, 8:01pm

Post #17 of 40 (420 views)
Shortcut
You've been busy! [In reply to] Can't Post

In a very good way indeed. :) Welcome back!

My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 29 2016, 8:56pm

Post #18 of 40 (418 views)
Shortcut
Oh Aunty that sounds yucky [In reply to] Can't Post

Thinking of you and your son. x

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Apr 29 2016, 9:23pm

Post #19 of 40 (415 views)
Shortcut
There's an old poem that begins, 'Oh to be in England... [In reply to] Can't Post

...now that April's there' - or somesuch line. Well today, at the end of April we had 3 degrees C (have forgotten what that is in Fahrenheit, sorry) this morning, and sleet. Some places have had snow. The spring flowers and blossoms were not impressed! Definitely hot chocolate weather - I will raise a mug of the tasty stuff to you all and wish you the weekend you wish for yourselves. Cheers!

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 9:33pm

Post #20 of 40 (407 views)
Shortcut
3 degrees C = 37 degrees F // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2016, 9:53pm

Post #21 of 40 (410 views)
Shortcut
Today's my birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

No, I'm not a teenager, and no, I don't even have a basement. What I do have is a great collection of RL and virtual friends and acquaintances.

Lately I've been re-reading LotR alongside Hammond and Sculley volume of annotations. Amazing how there are details I haven't noticed despite dozens of readings.

Wishing a happy mathom to all TORnsibs,

ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 29 2016, 10:42pm

Post #22 of 40 (399 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthday to you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

My historical novels

- A Room With a View

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 29 2016, 10:54pm

Post #23 of 40 (405 views)
Shortcut
A busy week [In reply to] Can't Post

by my modest standards. :) Had a lovely ride earlier in the week, on a horse I had to gently persuade not to go *quite* so fast. Got a reasonable amount of work done on the new book (and found some interesting extra snippets of information while trawling through the old records). Got my flu jab, and seem to have picked up a cold at the doctor's office.

Sad to hear this week of the passing of the co-founder of New Zealand's "Pirate Radio", Chris Parkinson. The movie "Pirate Radio"/"The Boat that Rocked" is a fun illustration of the British Pirate Radio days, but I'm sure Richard Curtis was also aware of the Hauraki history (complete with a boat that sank - a poignant "I love you, Mum and Dad" came at the end of the "abandon ship" broadcast).

We share a surname - that's because Chris was Mr Kimi's second cousin, albeit quite a bit older. Mr Kimi visited him in the radio studio once, when the Mr was a small boy, and Chris already well into his career.

My historical novels

- A Room With a View

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Apr 30 2016, 2:35am

Post #24 of 40 (384 views)
Shortcut
Hello, hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was just thinking about you. You have been missed!

Good luck on those finals, and I hope you'll be hanging around a lot more.

In case you need a break, there is a room reserved under your name at the Curlew Pub on Took Drive in Tolkienia (no. 8 on the Map).

Welcome back!

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Apr 30 2016, 2:39am

Post #25 of 40 (389 views)
Shortcut
I'm so sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope they can figure this out for him so it stops recurring! I have a kid with health issues right now too, so I kinda know where you're at.

Wishing you and Uncle Baggins Ent draughts and lots of rest.

Praying, too--

Ethel

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.