Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Our Four Founders: What are they doing now?

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2016, 7:18am

Post #1 of 3 (343 views)
Shortcut
Our Four Founders: What are they doing now? Can't Post

All four of the founders of The One Ring.net put so much effort into creating this site, they are certainly still involved in creative endeavours of all sorts. We've seen them at premiers and Oscar parties and conventions, they pop in here from time to time, and time moves on and so have they. What floats their boats these days? We're only expecting to hear what they themselves would like to share, naturally. If in doubt, please ask the targets...er, TPTB, in advance. Cheers!

To begin, there's something about the Lady Tehanu.

I recently discovered another expression of Tehanu's talents. Way back in the day we thrilled to her spine-tingling NZ Exclusives http://archives.theonering.net/...xclusives/index.html and enjoyed chapters of Tehanu's Notes (the final "Where to from Here" still makes inspiring reading) http://archives.theonering.net/features/notes/. Now it appears that our founder has developed divided fanship loyalties! Shocked With her permission, I am posting a link to something I think other Star Wars fans will find as enjoyable as I have. There are stories here about Rey and Leia, and one 53-chapter nail biter especially for those (teens and adults) who'd like to read more about Kylo Ren, that angsty master of the Knights of Ren. All well written, thoughtful and very entertaining, IMHO.
http://archiveofourown.org/...nuFromEarthsea/works
If SW VIII and IX don't deliver, we've got backup. Laugh

Now, if she would kindly turn her attention to The Adventures of Thorongil.....

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2016, 2:10am

Post #2 of 3 (286 views)
Shortcut
*sigh* Reading her old reports...delightful reminiscences. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I still get a geeky thrill at her descriptions, and just thinking about her being able to be there during bits of that production - could TORn have been any closer to its source!

What a blast from the past, thank you, Lissuin! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 9 2016, 12:21pm

Post #3 of 3 (147 views)
Shortcut
*geeky hand clapping!* [In reply to] Can't Post

I LOVE reading Tehanu's thoughts and about her adventures! She's STILL finds the most wonderful way of getting places I only dream of!

THANKS FOR THIS! FANTASTIC! :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.