Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Have you completed The Hobbit Trilogy Marathon (TE and/or EE)?
Poll: Have you completed The Hobbit Trilogy Marathon (TE and/or EE)?
Yes - I have completed TH trilogy marathon
No - I have no desire to complete TH trilogy marathon
No - I have not found the time
No - For other reason than stated above
View Results (44 votes)

lionoferebor
Rohan

Apr 19 2016, 8:43pm

Post #1 of 14 (1175 views)
Shortcut
Have you completed The Hobbit Trilogy Marathon (TE and/or EE)? Can't Post

Over on The Hobbit Movie message boards several people have made the comment that watching The Hobbit trilogy is like watching on long film. Ever since the release of the BOFTA EE DVD I have tried over and over to watch all three films back-to-back and have yet to succeed.

It's not because I have not had the time. I've watched the LOTR trilogy twice within this time and one of those times it was an EE marathon. It's also not because I don't have the desire. If I didn't I wouldn't even had attempted a trilogy marathon, let alone multiple attempts. Truth is I cannot resist the urge to fast forward through a number of scenes from the last two films.

So my question is have you completed The Hobbit Triology marathon? If not, why?

Dwarewien
Rohan

Apr 19 2016, 10:24pm

Post #2 of 14 (1106 views)
Shortcut
No... [In reply to] Can't Post

since like I stated many times before, I don't do marathons (except maybe with the Jurassic Park films, but since the only ones in the franchise I actually own are Jurassic Park and Jurassic World, it's much easier, even though I don't watch them on the same day. For starters, the bonus features for the original are three hours long, so I'm up all night when I watch the Blu-ray). I'll watch them in order, but never in one sitting, since I tried that once when the Extended Edition of FotR first came out, and was pretty dead on my feet the next day (I was only able to get through three discs). Now, I watch the movie one day, and spread the remaining two or three discs over the next few days (or weeks, in some cases). It may be Christmas before I get up the nerve to watch the Extended Edition to BoFA, since I'd rather watch Jurassic World (the only scene in that movie that makes me cry is the Apatosaurus scene, but it's not as bad as BoFA, not by a long shot), or any other movie (even the first two Hobbit movies) than BoFA.Smile

Gianna
Rohan

Apr 19 2016, 11:25pm

Post #3 of 14 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Nope. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't own the DVDs, so I haven't. Watching each movie twice was enough for me, and I really don't feel the need or desire to watch them again

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Apr 20 2016, 12:58pm

Post #4 of 14 (1058 views)
Shortcut
I've watched all three movies plenty of times [In reply to] Can't Post

but finding time to watch them back to back to back would take a miracle!

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 20 2016, 1:54pm

Post #5 of 14 (1048 views)
Shortcut
Assuming you mean all in one sitting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

..then no, I don't have the time or, I think, the inclination to watch that way. I've never watched Lord of the Rings in one sitting either.

But I do regard The Hobbit as one long film, watching one disk after another in installments, stretched out over as many days as it takes. That's my sort of marathon. It makes them last, means that I don't get restless (which I really don't want to do with films I enjoy so much) and means I don't have to wait until I've got a solid block of 6 hours or so to spare.

And I never, never, want to fast forward. Would hate to miss a single minute!

lionoferebor
Rohan

Apr 20 2016, 2:08pm

Post #6 of 14 (1044 views)
Shortcut
Yes, that is what I mean. [In reply to] Can't Post

Watching all three movies in one sitting back-to-back in one day. Or at the very least watching one today, the second tomorrow, and the third the day after.

Nuradar
Rohan

Apr 20 2016, 5:31pm

Post #7 of 14 (1027 views)
Shortcut
I haven't found the time [In reply to] Can't Post

I do a LOTR marathon once or twice a year. Although I've seen each Hobbit movie (EE) at least twice each, I haven't had the time to dedicate a whole day/weekend to them yet. I may have to take turns, now.

A Hobbit marathon in the spring, and a LOTR marathon in the fall. yeah, that sounds about right. Plan approved.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 20 2016, 5:48pm

Post #8 of 14 (1024 views)
Shortcut
Yes, a TE marathon [In reply to] Can't Post

Over three nights back in last May. Looking to do the EEs the coming summer.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 22 2016, 3:18am

Post #9 of 14 (962 views)
Shortcut
Probably a few times [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, in one day - I'm such a Middle-earth JUNKIE!

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Apr 22 2016, 7:54am

Post #10 of 14 (957 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, not sufficiently motivated. [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw each of the movies, and bought all three EEs. But I haven't even watched the last EE. In contrast, I've done several LotR EE marathons, and watched the individual EEs many times. Unfortunately, TH just was too bloated, unfocused, and disorganized.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 22 2016, 7:24pm

Post #11 of 14 (938 views)
Shortcut
No, because... [In reply to] Can't Post

I find that I don't have the stamina to sit and watch and pay attention for that long anymore. It lessens my enjoyment of the films because I'm too tired to care by the end. I did Trilogy Tuesday for LOTR and had a great time, but that was 15 years ago and was tied to seeing ROTK for the first time. Now I'm more likely to watch them all on consecutive nights.

Sarahbor
Lorien

Apr 24 2016, 3:30am

Post #12 of 14 (910 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't sit still that long. I'd go nuts!

sparrowruth
Rivendell

Apr 27 2016, 8:47pm

Post #13 of 14 (863 views)
Shortcut
no..... [In reply to] Can't Post

i watched all three movies (TE) but don't have the time or inclination to watch all three back to back any time soon. i'd sooner re-watch LotR EE.

malickfan
Gondor

May 4 2016, 7:44pm

Post #14 of 14 (732 views)
Shortcut
Nope... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I don't think I could find the time or enthusiasm to marathon 3 3 hour films in one sitting even If I wanted to (I tend to fidget or get distracted in long films), whilst I've seen AUJ and DOS three times each I have no pressing desire to watch them again anytime soon, I've only seen BOTFA once and didn't enjoy very much and have no immediate desire to watch it again.

If the long talked about Ultimate Edition Big Box Set of the two trilogies comes out maybe I'll give it a shot...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.