Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
New Line seems to have a sense of humor...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

diedye
Grey Havens

Mar 12 2007, 4:04am

Post #1 of 33 (1825 views)
Shortcut
New Line seems to have a sense of humor... Can't Post

... either that or they're really desperate to get rid of any reminders of their association with Peter.

I got this in the in-box today...

http://i127.photobucket.com/...sc/newline_promo.jpg

... along with gift codes for $20 off the Noble Collection and $10 off Sideshow Collectibles.

So how's that boycott going, sibs?

SandWitch King
Rohan

Mar 12 2007, 8:11am

Post #2 of 33 (1439 views)
Shortcut
No special boycott here [In reply to] Can't Post

But there is NO WAY IN HADES that I would buy those movies again. Aside from any other factor, I am a consumer that is very tired of studios selling me movies over and over. I would perhaps buy just the Botes documentary as a solo item but since it is part of the package as a re-release of the movies I am completely turned off. It might actually damage my chances of buying an HD-DVD down the road.

Another side effect of the Jackson/New Line relationship deteriorating is the sudden hit a giant re-release takes on its extras with the Jackson camp contributing.

I would consider the EA Games package of BFMO games but I already have them. I DO think that package of games together is a real deal.

. . . One should, if possible, express a negative concept in a positive form: "not meaningful" rather than "meaningless." I agree and will, therefore, now refer to contemporary movie executives as running around "like chickens without their heads cut on." - David Mamet

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 12 2007, 9:13am

Post #3 of 33 (1461 views)
Shortcut
Boycott? What boycott? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not boycotting anything (except strawberries from the Netherlands and apples from the US) but have no idea of what you're talking about. Another DVD set? Haven't bought any yet, does this mean I'm going to have to chose between different ones? *grumble*

*checks link* Hmm, don't really want to command the armies of ME. I just want the their captain. Which means I might need some of those armies to take care of diedye .....

luinfalathiel
Lorien

Mar 12 2007, 9:50am

Post #4 of 33 (1399 views)
Shortcut
They still haven't figured out [In reply to] Can't Post

how many of us would buy those sets if there was a BLOOPER REEL!!! WHERE THE @*@$#^$#$(&!! IS OUR BLOOPER REEL!!!

Chance favours the prepared mind.
http://simulflow.vox.com

the eye of luinfalathiel

the eye of luinfalathiel

Aerlinn
Lorien

Mar 12 2007, 2:02pm

Post #5 of 33 (1431 views)
Shortcut
What's the matter with our apples? [In reply to] Can't Post

*looks suspiciously into fruit aisle*

What have we done now...?

Aerlinn's Law #15 (maybe 16... 17?): Whatever I say goes.

In one ear and out the other.

My TORn archives - to be updated sooner or later

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 12 2007, 2:12pm

Post #6 of 33 (1403 views)
Shortcut
Waste of a good apple... [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

diedye
Grey Havens

Mar 12 2007, 3:35pm

Post #7 of 33 (1366 views)
Shortcut
You can try... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I don't think this fella will let you within ten leagues of me, let alone any army...

Annael
Immortal

Mar 12 2007, 3:38pm

Post #8 of 33 (1373 views)
Shortcut
it's the inhumane way we hunt them. [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you know how many fruitflies die?

“I think perhaps the most important problem is that we are trying to understand the fundamental workings of the universe via a language devised for telling one another where the best fruit is."
-- Terry Pratchett,

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

JRandomRohirrim
Rohan

Mar 12 2007, 3:40pm

Post #9 of 33 (1388 views)
Shortcut
Well, I have Over 3,000 Boycott New Line Online Signatures... [In reply to] Can't Post

The commentary is pretty interesting, too.

OK, so it isn't a TORN-sanctioned boycott. I sent a description of the boycott and over 2,600 signatures to New Line in late November, but I haven't heard a thing back from New Line yet.

I've been told there's at least two other online New Line boycotts going on.

I haven't given New LIne any money since sometime last year. If New Line wasn't screwing around with The Hobbit, I would have seen Little Children. I would probably would go to see The Last Mimzy (I've always been a Kuttner fan), but I'm not going now. But it takes it takes more than a few hundred or thousand people to make a boycott noticeable by a large corporation.

I suspect Peter Jackson is right and there is something screwy with the New Line books. If New Line had nothing to hide, they would have gone along with the audit. Denying an audit to their biggest money-maker ever speaks volumes about what New Line is probably hiding.

Boycott New Line!
http://www.boycottnewline.com

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 12 2007, 3:56pm

Post #10 of 33 (1358 views)
Shortcut
I think.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...it's something more to do with Steve Jobs, open source, and DRM than fruit.

Pippin: "When you guys fall, does it make a sound?"
Bregalad: "Are you kidding? Scott fell last week and he hasn't shut up about it since."

SandWitch King
Rohan

Mar 12 2007, 4:59pm

Post #11 of 33 (1371 views)
Shortcut
What is wrong with New Line's books is . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Hollywood studios running business as usual.

I salute you for your committment.

. . . One should, if possible, express a negative concept in a positive form: "not meaningful" rather than "meaningless." I agree and will, therefore, now refer to contemporary movie executives as running around "like chickens without their heads cut on." - David Mamet

Patty
Immortal

Mar 12 2007, 5:22pm

Post #12 of 33 (1378 views)
Shortcut
I MUST have the high def version when it comes out, otherwise... [In reply to] Can't Post

I won't be buying them again, either. I salute myself on not buying the LE, although I did want to see the Costa Bates docu.

As for the boycott, I just don't see damaging the careers and salaries of all those who worked on the other New Line movies just to send a message to the studio heads, who are impervious. They already know we're pissed. I don't think even PJ sanctions a boycott. New Line has only to read our petitions, all the polls, etc. etc. to know they risk our extreme displeasure, and I'm thinking they wouldn't be doing it if they didn't have something to hide. If they do have something to hide, our voices will mean nothing to them.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Mar 12 2007, 5:33pm

Post #13 of 33 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Are you hinting my apples aren't what they ought to be? / [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~

I used to be GaladrielTX, but I lost my TX and an hour over the weekend. Stupid Daylight Saving Time!

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 12 2007, 5:42pm

Post #14 of 33 (1326 views)
Shortcut
Oh, no! It's just that she doesn't like little Code Green worms. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Pippin: "When you guys fall, does it make a sound?"
Bregalad: "Are you kidding? Scott fell last week and he hasn't shut up about it since."

Aerlinn
Lorien

Mar 12 2007, 8:47pm

Post #15 of 33 (1319 views)
Shortcut
I hadn't thought of that. [In reply to] Can't Post

They don't still trap them in the wild, do they? I don't know which is more barbaric, raising them in cages for slaughter or using traps.

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 12 2007, 9:02pm

Post #16 of 33 (1329 views)
Shortcut
I prefer free range apples. [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyway, sometimes you do have to go out and thin the herd, otherwise we'd be up to our necks in little green apples. It's no fun, cause feral apples can be very dangerous. Still, not as cruel as in England where they have this big to-do with horses, funny hats, bright green coats, and applehounds.

"No, no, no. You're not thinking. You're just being logical."
-Niels Bohr

Moriel
The Shire

Mar 12 2007, 9:06pm

Post #17 of 33 (1345 views)
Shortcut
Here in Texas we use hound dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Why, my old blue tick Rufus once got more than a hundred apples up one tree! He's a right good apple hound he is.

Moriel - the Daughter of the Dark
Serving your wiseacre needs since the blooming of the Trees.

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 12 2007, 11:11pm

Post #18 of 33 (1335 views)
Shortcut
Ah, yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

Pancho the Wonder Dog. So named cause we're always wondering what he's going to do next. He's way too smart for his own good.

Found him as a puppy left by the side of the highway with a plastic spoonful of peanut butter and a yogurt carton half full of water. He kept trying to wander onto the highway. Round and fat, he was just about all worms. Beside him is Lily, a black chow, also a rescued dog.

"No, no, no. You're not thinking. You're just being logical."
-Niels Bohr

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Mar 12 2007, 11:37pm

Post #19 of 33 (1292 views)
Shortcut
Apples fear him. [In reply to] Can't Post

Love the big ears and the black snout! Mutts are da best. Ours was a stray at a city pound. He has many nicknames, including Duncan Squirrelsbane (he caught one, briefly) and Duncan Nonuts (because...well, because of his condition when we got him from the shelter).

Pancho Applesbane could be one of your dog's secret identities. You never know.

~~~~~~~~

I used to be GaladrielTX, but I lost my TX and an hour over the weekend. Stupid Daylight Saving Time!

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 13 2007, 12:34am

Post #20 of 33 (1317 views)
Shortcut
They're green and waxed [In reply to] Can't Post

And they all look the same. A bit like your money.

Plus they taste yuck. Maybe that's why you export them and keep the good apples to yourself.

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 13 2007, 12:37am

Post #21 of 33 (1338 views)
Shortcut
I would reckommend whaling guns [In reply to] Can't Post

They're too big to harm the fruitflies. Plus there's not a lot of fruitflies on a whale.

Aerlinn
Lorien

Mar 13 2007, 12:42am

Post #22 of 33 (1294 views)
Shortcut
They're not all green... [In reply to] Can't Post

Try this one!

Evil

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 13 2007, 12:51am

Post #23 of 33 (1299 views)
Shortcut
Seriously, that's what [In reply to] Can't Post

the US apples here remind me off. Except they're all green. And looked like they're cloned. *stares suspiciously around* Maybe you're all clones? Or apple-mutants?

Could also just be slightly late and bed-time this side of the pond.

Aerlinn
Lorien

Mar 13 2007, 1:04am

Post #24 of 33 (1310 views)
Shortcut
Apple-mutants. [In reply to] Can't Post

You can call me Pippin. *spits seeds*

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 13 2007, 1:36am

Post #25 of 33 (1287 views)
Shortcut
It might be [In reply to] Can't Post

a bit hard to find the apple afterwards :-)

Promises to Keep: a novel set in 19th Century New Zealand.

The Passing of Mistress Rose

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.